"STILLWATER, Okla. (AP) - Oklahoma State alum Boone Pickens is

making another super-sized donation to his alma mater by giving 100

million dollars today for endowed chairs at OSU.

The gift is being called the largest ever for academics in

Oklahoma and a state program matches donations for endowed chairs

which could double the money.

The billionaire Texas oilman has made previous gifts to Oklahoma

State through the years that total more than 300 million dollars.

The previous largest academic gift made to an Oklahoma

university is thought to be the 70 million dollars given to Oral

Roberts University by businessman Mart Green who founded the

Christian office store chain Mardel.

The largest previous gift to a state university was 50 million

dollars given by the George Kaiser Family Foundation in Tulsa to

the University of Oklahoma.

In January 2006 Pickens gave a 165 million to OSU's athletic

department."

Wish we had a big donor.

Same here...If I ever become a billioinaire, I will make sure NT is number 1 in athletics, academics and everything you can imagine. Its really awesome for the school as it only helps them in everything. If there is one out there right now, I hope our version of T Boone Pickens comes out and helps us with big project fundings. Not only in athletics but in academics as well.

"STILLWATER, Okla. (AP) - Oklahoma State alum Boone Pickens is

making another super-sized donation to his alma mater by giving 100

million dollars today for endowed chairs at OSU.

The gift is being called the largest ever for academics in

Oklahoma and a state program matches donations for endowed chairs

which could double the money.

The billionaire Texas oilman has made previous gifts to Oklahoma

State through the years that total more than 300 million dollars.

The previous largest academic gift made to an Oklahoma

university is thought to be the 70 million dollars given to Oral

Roberts University by businessman Mart Green who founded the

Christian office store chain Mardel.

The largest previous gift to a state university was 50 million

dollars given by the George Kaiser Family Foundation in Tulsa to

the University of Oklahoma.

In January 2006 Pickens gave a 165 million to OSU's athletic

department."

Wish we had a big donor.

Now you know what $135 for a barrel of oil allows you to do.

Now you know what $135 for a barrel of oil allows you to do.

--Absolutely..... the people in oil business that are REALLY making money are the ones that own the wells that are rather old. [ includes T.Boone Pickens ] A local guy just gave $30 million to the local hospital... same deal, owns part of a lot of old wells. Companies that are refining crude to gasoline aren't making much (at least with the crude they are having to buy) .. they buy expensive crude (world Market prices) and then sell it will a small margin of profit. Meanwhile the older wells which were drilled and could be profitable at $20 a barrell are making a fortune at $130+ per barrell.

--Another factor that people don't mention much is our increasing national debt ( thanks Bush, who has doubled it ) which drives down the exchange rate in world currency. The last time I was in London (prior to Bush) it took $1.51 to buy a British pound. ... now it takes $1.97....about a 30% increase in cost. that same 30% price increase is also applies to world products such as oil. The exchange rate against some other currencies is even worse. As the exchange rate worsens... our prices will go up. Don't tell me that the national debt doesn't matter or that we owe ourselves.... a lot of our debt is owned by overseas people.

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66

And, in case you didn't realize it...the state of OK will match donations to universities for endowed chairs. So, that makes it $200 million. However, reports are that Oklahoma (the state) is WAY behind in actually matching such donations. Who would have guessed that? ;)

By my count that's about $400million (without the match) that BP has given to OSU SO FAR. I can't help but remind my TX A&M friends that when Boone applied there they turned him down, so off he went to OSU. Don't know why the turndown, but that's the story anyway! Gotta love those Aggies.

As far as Norah Jones goes, she is just like all the other entertainers (that includes Dr. Phil) that hace come out of UNT. They take classes, either get a degree or drop out, but never seem, in any numbers, to support the school with their $$$ after they leave. I don't think we should wait and hold our collective breaths until one of our "entertainer types" comes up with any significant dollars. It always seems to be left to that "business guys" who half the stdents at UNT (and many other schools) seem to think are the ones spoiling the earth, killing all the polar bears, creating global warming and plain doing everything evil. But, much like the U.S. as a whole, when dollars or "actually doing something" is needed, who gets up off their rears and does something...The US as a nation and the likes of Boone Pickens...a guy from the business world. Brad and Angelina would rather run around the world in jet aircraft (no pollution there) and adopt third world kids (even though there are plenty of kids who need adopting right here in the US). OK, I am now off my soapbox for at least a few seconds! :rolleyes:

By my count that's about $400million (without the match) that BP has given to OSU SO FAR. I can't help but remind my TX A&M friends that when Boone applied there they turned him down, so off he went to OSU. Don't know why the turndown, but that's the story anyway! Gotta love those Aggies.

He actually attended A&M for a year on a basketball scholarship and then dicked around and lost it. I think the Aggies need to relax their policies before they cut another crazy redneck who will some day have more money than God.... :rolleyes:

Ten posts in...endowed chairs...and yet no Tasty or Quoner.

Slackers

This is a google image result for "genital chair" that is appropriate:

gabnet_chair_honored.jpg

Happy?

Me neither.

Glad to have the "facts" on BP and TX A7M. Now I will tease them about cutting him from the BB squad...what do Aggies know anyway? Not much about baseball in the last few weeks it seems...what a sklide by the A&M baseball team going into the NCAA's....gotta love those Aggies...NOT!