Will It Happen?

emmitt01

I think the wheels are in motion on the fundraising campaign.

While exiting off of I-35 near campus...I saw a bum holding a sign that read:

Homeless Viet Nam Vet. Will Work for UNT Stadium Donation. God Bless You.

That's phase two of the campaign.

I drove by that this morning. I had no idea why RV was standing there in jungle pattern fatigues, but it all makes sense now.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

--Anyone seen the Sonic commercial about the guy wanting to have the last word???

Those Sonic commercials are PURE GENIUS! When they first started those...there were some that were absolutely hillarious. I need to find them on youtube and if I find them I will post those links on here for everyone to see. Their marketing is wonderful.

Actually I thought the thread had died ( it was several clicks from the top) ... and was expecting -- UH-HUH -- from someone (like the commercial).

We need to start a comedy thread... this one has gotten to the point (and changed subjects so often) that it is unrecognizable anymore. Oh well it is off-season... what else can we expect..... LOL... It is to the point that the question "Will it Happen?" could mean anything now.......hahahaha

Guest GrayEagleOne

Somehow I just know Al Gore and his secret lock box is involved with this. He will fix this for us, after solving global warming, of course.

Then we'll never get the stadium. After trillions of dollars we'll improve our part of the world only to find that China and Russia added more to global warming than we could improve. I hope that's not in the first 20 phases of the campaign.

Speaking of anything happening, I wonder what the highest total amount of posts in one topic is for this board?

The gas thread on the Non-UNT Sports board has more posts then this one (right now).

Edited by UNTFan23

Maybe we could just put up with Fouts one more year and then return to playing the majority of our home games at the Cowboy's stadium. There's bound to be a couple weeks out of the year when Jerry doesn't have random game scheduled in that beautiful monstrosity.

Oh.... I like pizza too.

Guest 97and03

For Tasty:

France Just Seems Small, Because It's So Easy to Conquer

Customer: You Greek?

Waitress: Greek Orthodox.

Customer: So you're Greek.

Waitress: No, that's my religion, they call it Greek Orthodox.

Customer: But you're from Greece, right?

Waitress: No, Belarus.

Customer: Russia?

Waitress: Belarus. It's the former USSR. It's between Russia and Poland.

Customer: I never heard of it. It must be very small.

Waitress: It's not small.

Customer: It must be very small.

Waitress: It's the size of France. France is quite big, actually.

Customer: I better look at a map.

Waitress: Yeah, you'd better.

--Diner, Park Slope

Howell said that when the university closes the old Radisson, it plans to leave the utilities on and keep a security force so the building will stay in good shape.

He said UNT leaders are still considering whether to remodel the existing building, expand it or tear it down.

“I just can’t give a definite answer on that,” he said. “We’re still exploring all our options.”

I was given a definite answer on it a month and a half ago and this wasn't it? I suppose the situation has changed....again.

Rick

I was given a definite answer on it a month and a half ago and this wasn't it? I suppose the situation has changed....again.

Rick

Well either one of two things is going to happen though within the next 4-6 monts: Either there is a HUGE announcement coming on our new stadium that nearly everyone has kept quiet on, or we just have some bad management going on right now.

Well either one of two things is going to happen though within the next 4-6 monts: Either there is a HUGE announcement coming on our new stadium that nearly everyone has kept quiet on, or we just have some bad management going on right now.

Hmm I wonder which one everyone is leaning towards..... <_<

Rick

They're probably (or whomever UNT is sub-leasing the site to) in the process of just getting engineering reports saying what the options are for cost to remodel, add-on, or start over would be, then evaluate the new hotel project based on those figures. When you buy an old house to renovate you look at all the options on cost-basis before ripping it down.

They're probably (or whomever UNT is sub-leasing the site to) in the process of just getting engineering reports saying what the options are for cost to remodel, add-on, or start over would be, then evaluate the new hotel project based on those figures. When you buy an old house to renovate you look at all the options on cost-basis before ripping it down.

I was told by the one who would know that it outright could not be rebuilt, that it had to be torn down.

Rick

I don't get it. Are there 31 people who say that the new stadium will not happen at all? Why would you think that?

A good question. From a lifetime of mostly public service, I can't remember any "planned" government project never reaching the construction phase. I think a more legitimate question would be "When will it happen?", or maybe, for those wanting details, "When will it happen, and what will the initial capacity be?".

I don't get it. Are there 31 people who say that the new stadium will not happen at all? Why would you think that?

Yes, there are. In fact, when you really consider just how much it will take, and then think about how much they have raised in 5 years, it is not too hard for me to question whether or not we can do it. I don't think we will see a new stadium within the next 10 years, if we don't hear some kind of announcement within the next 6 months. We have Alumni out there that have enough money to be able to pay for most of it, but I do doubt we will see one within the next 10 years.