Detroit Redwings / Dallas Stars

OK all, the moment of truth.

The 2008 Stanley Cup Western Conference Finals are here...

det.gif

(1) Detroit Redwings

vs

dal.gif

(5) Dallas Stars

I'm going with Detroit in 6.

Detroit's depth and skill players are too much for Dallas in this round.

But this series will definitely one to watch.

GO DETROIT REDWINGS ! ! ! ! !

I will take the Stars in 7. Screw Detroit, Marty is on a roll and Detroit is just another monkey on his back that he is ready to shed. The Penguins now scare me.

Marty is on a roll, but our luck might be out. He can't stop 100+ SOG every night. I wonder how we'll respond after such an epic. Definitely worried about our legs...

Marty is on a roll, but our luck might be out. He can't stop 100+ SOG every night. I wonder how we'll respond after such an epic. Definitely worried about our legs...

The fact that the series doesn't start until Thursday...helps out. If we had to play again on Tuesday or even Wednesday....I pretty much think you could write off that first game.

Anyway, I'm pulling for the Stars....but I think Detroit will win it, in 6.

It may sound generic talk but from the Stars perspective I think its going to come down to Turco and Morrow. If these two have the balls and game they have had in the first two series then I am not ruling out a Stars victory. However Detroit is Detroit and I think they will most likely take this series in 6 or 7.

The Red Wings scare me, look how they just tossed aside the Avs, However I can't put anything past this stars team. Nobody expected the kind of year these guys had. I say it goes seven. I would like to call a Stars win don't know if I can. I love The Stars, I think Detroit is just too deep. But Screw Them. RED WINGS SUCK!

I don't have a clue. But, I hope the Stars win. They seem to be on a great roll right now, and it would be nice to see them in the finals. Well, for those of you who watch hockey it would be nice to "see" them in the finals. :) I am sure I'll tune in sometime during the Detroit series as the games will probably not start so late in the evening...isn't Detroit in the Central time zone? Man, those west coast times are murder!

I am suure the hockey fans out there are all really tired today! GO STARS!

I don't have a clue. But, I hope the Stars win. They seem to be on a great roll right now, and it would be nice to see them in the finals. Well, for those of you who watch hockey it would be nice to "see" them in the finals. :) I am sure I'll tune in sometime during the Detroit series as the games will probably not start so late in the evening...isn't Detroit in the Central time zone? Man, those west coast times are murder!

I am suure the hockey fans out there are all really tired today! GO STARS!

Sadly, the game was in Dallas, but Versus felt the need to start it at 9 pm EST even though all other sports were wrapped by 5:30 pm or so on Sunday.

I know hockey is not mainstream, but if this thing had started at 6 pm, I wouldn't be wishing for death at the office right now.

Sadly, the game was in Dallas, but Versus felt the need to start it at 9 pm EST even though all other sports were wrapped by 5:30 pm or so on Sunday.

I know hockey is not mainstream, but if this thing had started at 6 pm, I wouldn't be wishing for death at the office right now.

I completely agree with you....I was thinking the same thing. It was a Sunday so even if the game started at 6 it was okay for the west coast. Hockey may not be mainstream but a lot of people watch it and its a lot bigger than I think a lot of people think. And if hockey is not mainstream then boneheaded scheduling will definitely keep the sport of hockey as not being mainstream. Just a total blunder for the NHL. Now as for Versus, I am not complaining because I do have versus but god ol mighty I dont know anybody that has that channel. Thats another F'up the NHL did with their contract with them. Doing it with Versus was okay but they should have made guidelines that the channel be accessible to just about every satellite/cable package. Just my opinions on that.

Edited by Green Mean

This series goes to 7 and I simply don't know who's going to win. Our history with Detroit, Detroit's #1 seed status and the way they dispatched their last two opponents sure make the possibility that Detriot rains on our parade hard to ignore...

...but this Stars team has proven they can beat the "better" team, as they have done it now twice. We just took out #2, it isn't so hard pressed to see us taking out #1. We're healthy, we have enough time off now to recover, so we should be well rested.. If we can split in Detriot, we've got a real shot. If we come out of Detriot down 2, we're in trouble.

GO STARS!!!

Detroit did not steamroll their first round opponent. The Predators took the Red Wings to game 6 overtime, and lost. The Red Wings did sweep the avs, but they were utterly unhealthy, with injuries to key players. What I am concerned about is the stars poor performance against the wings in the regular season, going 1-3 and scoring I belive 5 goals to the wings 12. The Stars are playing good hockey though. Go Stars!

The obstacle for the Stars is that the Wings have owned Turco for his entire career. He's never won at the Joe, and has only a couple of wins total.

Marty's going to have to steal a couple of games for the Stars to have a realistic chance. As good as this run has been, I'll go Wings in 6.