(Looking West)

Northsm.jpg

(Looking North)

Eastsm.jpg

(Looking East)

Southsm.jpg

(Looking South)

Click on the images to enlarge!

The new Cowboy's Stadium as of April 6th, 2008.

Did you see that display board on the picture looking North, compared to the crane truck or the Site Trailer next to it WOW!

Nice to stadium progress in the North Texas Region, speaking of which, I talked with a person who has a good position on campus that the stadium money is there to spend and that we will be looking at 2009 to 2010 to groundbreak for the stadium...

Also the Radisson is going to be replaced by a very nice hotel that will be oversaw by the School of Hospitality Management, way to go on that front....

patethic as usual with stadium progress news

Nice to stadium progress in the North Texas Region, speaking of which, I talked with a person who has a good position on campus that the stadium money is there to spend and that we will be looking at 2009 to 2010 to groundbreak for the stadium...

That makes no sense. They said we have all the stadium money already without asking any MGC members for a donation? And if it's actually in the bank why wait until 2010 to just break ground? Why not groundbreak now after the architects plans are finished and open the stadium in 2010? Call me a skeptic and I hope it's true but I think we'd see fireworks going off and a public announcement if we had all the stadium funding.

Edited by NT80

Before our training as mean green fans is through, we must master the art of Patience. Only then will Master Villareal find us worthy to wield the power of a new stadium. But we still have to headbut a peace of wood before we get the green belt.

That makes no sense. They said we have all the stadium money already without asking any MGC members for a donation? And if it's actually in the bank why wait until 2010 to just break ground? Why not groundbreak now after the architects plans are finished and open the stadium in 2010? Call me a skeptic and I hope it's true but I think we'd see fireworks going off and a public announcement if we had all the stadium funding.

I am with you on this idea - surely more would have leaked out if they had the money. Nor do I know why the President would make a statement to the students that we still needed 30 million to build it.

Edited by GoMeanGreen1999

Before our training as mean green fans is through, we must master the art of Patience. Only then will Master Villareal find us worthy to wield the power of a new stadium. But we still have to headbut a peace of wood before we get the green belt.

crazy.gif

You must solve the riddle: The content of this picture of Middle Tennesse fans never actually changes, only the arrangement gets altered. How many MTSU fans do you see in each configuration.

To MTSU fans: Please do not attempt this; you'll wind up with a headache and cold feet. :lol:

Have faith ye Mean Green Nation! The stadium will be built and it will be built in your lifetime! It isn't easy raising this kind of cash at UNT...just ask some of the development folks when they talk to people about supporting their university department...not to mention athletics. I have graduated from three different universities (UNT Twice) and UNT is far and away the most "challenging" when it comes to alum involvement, giving, attendance at athletic and academic events, etc., etc. UNT has a "long tradition" of "NOT giving and not supporting" by its alumni base. Just try to figure out how many $100 to $500 donations it would take to build the stadium? RV and his staff need a large amount of "seed money" before doing much more than they are currently doing...and they are moving forward. This is not like the weather when a storm gets anywhere near the area and the TV shows NOTHING but weather for six straight hours or the non-stop campaigning or the daily CRAP about gas prices...WE KNOW GAS IS HIGHT...for God's sake...find some real news! But, I digress...we should not expect daily or even monthly updates UNTIL at least 50% of the money is "in hand" and plans are actualyy set in motion...then and only then should anyone expect a Mean Green Club fund drive for stadium dollars.

Besides, several members of this board will certainly find some reason that they were "snubbed or injured" and will be very vocal in their non-support with the checkbook. Count on that...you and I already know who they just might be too...as does anyone who has read this board on any regular basis...

IT WILL HAPPEN...The Mean Green will have a new stadium....YOU GOTTA BELIEVE! GO MEAN GREEN!

It isn't easy raising this kind of cash at UNT...Just try to figure out how many $100 to $500 donations it would take to build the stadium? RV and his staff need a large amount of "seed money" before doing much more than they are currently doing...and they are moving forward. This is not like the weather when a storm gets anywhere near the area and the TV shows NOTHING but weather for six straight hours or the non-stop campaigning or the daily CRAP about gas prices...WE KNOW GAS IS HIGHT...for God's sake...find some real news! But, I digress...we should not expect daily or even monthly updates UNTIL at least 50% of the money is "in hand" and plans are actualyy set in motion...then and only then should anyone expect a Mean Green Club fund drive for stadium dollars.

But, what about this declaration?:

"I talked with a person who has a good position on campus that the stadium money is there to spend and that we will be looking at 2009 to 2010 to groundbreak for the stadium..."

Is the informant misinformed? :huh:

Guest 97and03

But, what about this declaration?:

"I talked with a person who has a good position on campus that the stadium money is there to spend and that we will be looking at 2009 to 2010 to groundbreak for the stadium..."

Is the informant misinformed? :huh:

They are close, but off a little. Look for significant movement sooner than that.

After the architects make the design, they still have to make the blueprints (how they will build it), and get a contractor, things that will push it back a little while. I was told by possibly the same UNT official as playmaker, that 2010 opening is best case, absolute worst is 2013.

that 2010 opening is best case, absolute worst is 2013.

Ahhhhhggggggg possibly 5 more years of Fouts :ph34r: ... Say it's not so!