Pit Crew Co-founder Running For Student Body President

UNTflyer

When things succeed everyone takes credit it for it. SGA are the ones really running off like it was all them bringing this back.

I just wanted to say to all the "Co-Founders" of the Pit Crew, Pit Crew has been around, it faded out bringing it back doesn't make you a co-founder. If it does, then I am a co-founder. I was in the meeting that was held in the Athletics Office along with members of the Athletic Staff, RHA and others. I do not recall Jeff Kline in those meetings by the way.

I just wanted to say sorry to the true founders, seems like credit is always given to the wrong people.

Calling himself a co-founder is kinda a stretch.

A politician stretching the truth? Well, knock me over with a kelly green Swifter wig!

I guess the good news here is that there is a Pit Crew candidate running, and he is supportive of athletics. The other candidate's position is that the Pit Crew is unorganized and they'd make it "better". However, I don't recall ever seeing them at a game.

<_<

Edited by UNTflyer

A politician stretching the truth? Well, knock me over with a kelly green Swifter wig!

I guess the good news here is that there is a Pit Crew candidate running, and he is supportive of athletics. The other candidate's position is that the Pit Crew is unorganized and they'd make it "better". However, I don't recall ever seeing them at a game.

<_<

Have you ever sought me out Flyer? Ever looked? Actually, I have been to the majority of games this year. I am the other student running for Student Body President. I'm either standing in the front two rows with the current student body president or I am up a little higher with my girlfriend. I didn't want to post on this board trying to squeeze out a few extra votes but I feel like I was called out and provoked into doing so. The Pit Crew needs more organization, yes. I said organization would make the Crew better, yes. Having several leaders who can work with the athletic department and the management of the Pit will help the Pit Crew, yes. I want 5,000 students at the game next year, not 500. Having organization and a plan will help get the Pit Crew there. Of course the trash talkers get the front row! Go Mean Green!

Have you ever sought me out Flyer? Ever looked? Actually, I have been to the majority of games this year. I am the other student running for Student Body President. I'm either standing in the front two rows with the current student body president or I am up a little higher with my girlfriend. I didn't want to post on this board trying to squeeze out a few extra votes but I feel like I was called out and provoked into doing so. The Pit Crew needs more organization, yes. I said organization would make the Crew better, yes. Having several leaders who can work with the athletic department and the management of the Pit will help the Pit Crew, yes. I want 5,000 students at the game next year, not 500. Having organization and a plan will help get the Pit Crew there. Of course the trash talkers get the front row! Go Mean Green!

Hey Woody. I certainly didn't mean provoke you. I guess I just recognize Jeff with the wig and did not recognize you. I apologize that my post implied that you did not attend games. I think it's great that you come and are part of the Crew.

What kind of changes do you want to make to the Pit Crew? How would you get 5,000 students to attend. How do you feel about athletic fees?

And don't feel you have to hold back... I know Jeff sent out a message from the Pit Crew FaceBook group and got scolded for it, but you are among friends here. :)

yay...im a trash talker...just ask ryan wedel and that fat guys from asu....so does thismeanill get front row over the current people who sit thier and say nothing?

Haha, you guys crack me up. I think that a lot of the reason that more students don't show up for games is because they simply don't know about them and in the end, only a certain number of students are basketball fans or sports fans in general. I think that having a Pit Crew leadership that consults with the leaders and Pit Crew alums of past years as well as the Super Pit management and the athletic department in general is the first step toward creating a sports environment that more students can come and enjoy. Getting more students to games is a goal of mine, but getting the students that already come to stand up and be a loud and imposing force on the opposing team is another issue I want to tackle. I want students to come to games not just to fill seats but to be loud and spirited as well.

Haha, you guys crack me up. I think that a lot of the reason that more students don't show up for games is because they simply don't know about them and in the end, only a certain number of students are basketball fans or sports fans in general. I think that having a Pit Crew leadership that consults with the leaders and Pit Crew alums of past years as well as the Super Pit management and the athletic department in general is the first step toward creating a sports environment that more students can come and enjoy. Getting more students to games is a goal of mine, but getting the students that already come to stand up and be a loud and imposing force on the opposing team is another issue I want to tackle. I want students to come to games not just to fill seats but to be loud and spirited as well.

I'm with you Thomas. Go Mean Green!

Woody,

Everyone on this board is with you on accomplishing this... no worries I hope you take it and make it happen

It seems as if we have two candidates who are dedicated to making the Pit Crew better and taking athletics to the next level... which is all well and good.

The question is, which one has the leadership to take action rather than just play lip service to those who feel athletics should be the #1 priority in raising the prestige of the University of North Texas? Which one is unafraid to take a big step and publicly support an athletic fee? I just feel that if North Texas can address "The Problem", the solution to all the other issues will present itself.

Back to the title of this thread, it seems as if someone really stepped into it by calling himself the "Co-Founder" of the Pit Crew. :unsure: Some of our very own GMG.com posters are attempting to set the story straight over at the PitCrew Facebook page. Personally, I don't care. I just want someone who is going to take this group to the next level.