Attendance?

meangreen2018

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

at kickoff I counted 82 people in the student sections (not counting the band and WKU fans)

piss poor effort from our students!

Very! I mean, with this being one of the few weekends that students can go home to all corners of the state and spend a decent amount of time with family, I fully expected them to all speed back to campus in the rain to watch a 1-9 team play a I-AA school.

Very! I mean, with this being one of the few weekends that students can go home to all corners of the state and spend a decent amount of time with family, I fully expected them to all speed back to campus in the rain to watch a 1-9 team play a I-AA school.

True, I saw the same problem this weekend at Arizona St, A@M, Kentucky, Georgia Tech, Florida, Hawaii, Colorado, LSU, Applachian St... etc...etc...etc.....

Thats why we are what we ARE!

so exactly where were the other 95K alumni in the metroplex at?? You can blame the students only so much when it is a holiday weekend and the team is less than great this year, why would they come out?

Die-hard alumni will come out in anything but fence-alumni and students need something more than cold rain.

so exactly where were the other 95K alumni in the metroplex at?? You can blame the students only so much when it is a holiday weekend and the team is less than great this year, why would they come out?

Die-hard alumni will come out in anything but fence-alumni and students need something more than cold rain.

Agreed! good point! gGreat Point!

But until we can get more than 2000 fans in the stands and 82 students to show up, how in the hell can we justify a new stadium! I know if I was part of the Admin I would not spend a dime on our sorry a$$e$!

True, I saw the same problem this weekend at Arizona St, A@M, Kentucky, Georgia Tech, Florida, Hawaii, Colorado, LSU, Applachian St... etc...etc...etc.....

Thats why we are what we ARE!

Yeah those are all real good schools to compare Lets see we were 1-9, it was cold and rainy and we were playing a D1-AA school

Arizona St was 9-1 and playing USC

Texas A&M was playing Texas - RIVAL

Kentucky was playing Tennessee - RIVAL

Georgia Tech was playing Georgia - RIVAL

Florida was playing Florida State - RIVAL

Hawaii was undefeated and playing Boise St. for the WAC Championship and possible BCS Bowl Bid

Colorado was playing Nebraska - RIVAL

LSU was #1 in the country and playing Arkansas for a chance to stay in the National Championship Picture

App. St was in the D-1AA playoffs

So yeah your right, I dont see a difference

Yeah those are all real good schools to compare Lets see we were 1-9, it was cold and rainy and we were playing a D1-AA school

Arizona St was 9-1 and playing USC

Texas A&M was playing Texas - RIVAL

Kentucky was playing Tennessee - RIVAL

Georgia Tech was playing Georgia - RIVAL

Florida was playing Florida State - RIVAL

Hawaii was undefeated and playing Boise St. for the WAC Championship and possible BCS Bowl Bid

Colorado was playing Nebraska - RIVAL

LSU was #1 in the country and playing Arkansas for a chance to stay in the National Championship Picture

App. St was in the D-1AA playoffs

So yeah your right, I dont see a difference

Get REAL!!!!!!!!!!

if the Navy game was this week we would stilll have had 82 fans in the students sections. Our fan base likes the tailgating and to be seen...NOT FOOTBALL!

oh I would say we have about 2000 real UNT football fans....2000, gee thats about what the attendence was!

I don't know where I would fall in the die-hard category but I chose to stay home in the warm comfort of my home in Dallas. I also spent quality time with my 2 sons. I did take in 3 HS games at Texas Stadium yesterday. (Looking for defensive help for the Mean Green)

I couldn't muster up the effort today. Sorry fellows! BTW, anyone know if the 6-7, 360 lb Euless Trinity DT is taken?

He also game in for a few selected plays at OT.

Get REAL!!!!!!!!!!

if the Navy game was this week we would stilll have had 82 fans in the students sections. Our fan base likes the tailgating and to be seen...NOT FOOTBALL!

oh I would say we have about 2000 real UNT football fans....2000, gee thats about what the attendence was!

and you know this how?????????? There was a lot of factors going into today that made attendance a factor you cant tell me that playing a team that hardly anyone has ever heard of didnt impact that. Also in all of the games that you mention with the possible exception of App St. (becuase I didnt see it) weather wasnt a factor.

Listen I am not questioning anyones fandom or dedication to the Mean Green

But if we have any plans on being anything more than a low rung team in a bottom feeding conference, we have got to have more than 2000 fans in the stands.

There is no reason we cant be in the same postition as the Nevada's and Tulsa's of the college football world!

Guest GrayEagleOne

I've been to a couple of hundred North Texas games over the years and this has to be in the top two or three for miserable conditions. Rain and cold are both bearable but the combination is nasty. Once you got wet, the cold just chilled you more and more. Once the rain soaked through my gloves, I never could get my hands warm again. I left during the third quarter and by then there were probably less than a thousand in the stands. There were several hundred that stayed in the concession area under the stands where they could stay dry and watch the action on a couple of monitors.

I'd guess that the attendance was somewhere between 2,500 and 3,000. It's hard to get an accurate estimate when so many are trying to find a place that's less cold and dry and are on the move a lot.

I'm surprised that Vizza did as well as he did given the cold and the wet ball. He couldn't glove his throwing hand and several slipped off and others weren't tight spirtals.

WKU has a fine team and will likely be among the top three in our league most years. But, they need to clean up their act. Their unsportsmanlike conduct eventually cost them the game. They are Division 1A, albeit provisional, and should act like it.

I enjoyed the game, but it was cold. I am sure the weather and our record were big factors. However, I think that we should never schedule a home game over thanksgiving weekend unless we develop a real rivalry.

There are really some late season scheduling no-no's at UNT (& there always has been) and today we didn't pay attention to one of those no-no's. (I'm sure there would be valid reasons of why we had to play today).

YET.........we had 2 open dates this season (& that for a reason I'm sure, too) but if we could have merely played the WKU game on one of those 2 open dates (& hell, yeah, get Western Kaintuck' to work it out in "THEIR" schedule since they are the new "brash"

kids on the SBC block).

And once again, "WHY" do we have a hardy half a handful (if that) on this forum who still persist to judge the need (or lack thereof) of our future new stadium based on one freakin' Game Day the Saturday after Thanksgiving? :wacko:

A NIGHT TO REMEMBER: Must have been an NT Ex (probably from this very forum) who while on the Titanic when the very first life boat was lowered and it unfortunately sank) and was overheard saying: "There you go--told ya' so, the gol' darned lifeboat sank so why don't we just all jump ship and sink the rest of this damn ship?" The Far Side Moral of This Titanic Story Never Published Until Now? Why would any Game Day the Saturday after Thanksgiving (with a very predictable smallish crowd) determine if we should or should not build a new football stadium that will meet the needs of:

(1) the level of NCAA we compete,

(2) our school's continued dramatic growth,

(3) the MG football team & our UNT students who deserve the best of facilties to play in and sit in,

(4) the burgeoning Denton/Denton County population and most important (of course)

(5) to meet the "derrier' and visual" needs of all of us who post on GMG.com? :rolleyes:

Not Only Build it! Dome It! :blink::lol:

&

Pleeeezzzz! No More Saturday Game Days After Thanksgiving (if preventable)! :(

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

I don't know where I would fall in the die-hard category but I chose to stay home in the warm comfort of my home in Dallas. I also spent quality time with my 2 sons. I did take in 3 HS games at Texas Stadium yesterday. (Looking for defensive help for the Mean Green)

I couldn't muster up the effort today. Sorry fellows! BTW, anyone know if the 6-7, 360 lb Euless Trinity DT is taken?

He also game in for a few selected plays at OT.

With all due respect, and having two boys myself, the above says a lot about the majority of our alumni. You choose to sit through 3 high school games on a cold Friday, but choose to stay home and not attend your university's game.

YET.........we had 2 open dates this season (& that for a reason I'm sure, too)

I suppose we get two more weeks to practice during the season if we finish the week after Thanksgiving weekend. When we went to the NO Bowl in the past it was suggested that the extra time was beneficial.

Sorry to hear that our crowd was so ridiculously small. Would of been there if I wasn't committed to being in the Houston area for Thanksgiving weekend. I went from an Aggie/Horn crowd of probably the largest to ever see a football game in the State of Texas, to a Saturday afternoon Rice/Tulsa crowd of maybe 2k. I saw some good football this weekend, but I spent a lot of my time today with the radio to my ear in Rice Stadium. Glad we pulled this one out.

After halftime, we decided to count people in the stadium.

It was not very difficult. There were 400 people max excluding the band and cheerleaders. There are more than 2,000 members on this board. Not everyone is from out of town or roots for another school, right? If this is all we can pull from the most hardcore crowd...ugh.

I bet more posters and signs would have fixed the problem though.

Agreed! good point! gGreat Point!

But until we can get more than 2000 fans in the stands and 82 students to show up, how in the hell can we justify a new stadium! I know if I was part of the Admin I would not spend a dime on our sorry a$$e$!

So you are going to base the need for a new stadium on a cold, rainy attendance stat? Give me a break.

Listen I am not questioning anyones fandom or dedication to the Mean Green

But if we have any plans on being anything more than a low rung team in a bottom feeding conference, we have got to have more than 2000 fans in the stands.

There is no reason we cant be in the same postition as the Nevada's and Tulsa's of the college football world!

Did you go to the game? I can't say that I'd blame anyone for wanting to sit at home for that game. It was miserable.

We went to the deck when it started raining harder in the 2nd and stayed there until about halfway through the third quarter. We went to the truck intending to leave, but sat there for awhile listening to the game and warming up. After JMo's TD I HAD to go back to our seats with the few for the fourth quarter. I would not have been able to stand it if I had missed the win! What a night! Thank you Seniors!

GMG!

Edited by NTEdgex2