Chatman And Green On Fox 4

Cr1028

Did anyone else see it? What a crock.

Nope....I was watching football!! SLC vs Grapevine (or was it SMU and UNT :rolleyes: ) Any way, maybe I"ll watch channel 4 if there is acommercial at 10 in the SLC game. Maybe NOT!! . I prefer channel 5 since our own alum Brendan Higgins is on 5.

GMG!

Edited by GreenExes

Nope....I was watching football!! SLC vs Grand Prarie (or was it SMU and UNT :rolleyes: ) Any way, maybe I"ll watch channel 4 if there is acommercial at 10 in the SLC game. Maybe NOT!! . I prefer channel 5 since our own alum Brendan Higgins is on 5.

GMG!

SLC vs. Grapevine. I'm watching that too, I just happened to flip through at the right time during commercial.

I watched it. The two scrubs didn't really sell the viewer on racism. From what I was told by them in this interview in which they could state their case to the masses, they said Dodge & Co. don't like hoodrats and didn't want them flashing their "hood"ness. Wow, you sure sold me that Dodge is racist.

Yeah, he doesn't want them to wear hats. They come off as two real bozos, but look at the damage they have done with their irresponsible conduct. It was mentioned by one of them (I listened while doing something else and didn't watch) that it was mentioned that UNT would find a home for them if they didn't like the system we have.

Yeah, he doesn't want them to wear hats. They come off as two real bozos, but look at the damage they have done with their irresponsible conduct. It was mentioned by one of them (I listened while doing something else and didn't watch) that it was mentioned that UNT would find a home for them if they didn't like the system we have.

That was Chatman, saying if he didn't like the way we do things here. Green was talking about if he wore his hat the right way.

I checked Fox 4 on-line and they have not seemed to post the story yet. I hope they don't but even if they don't, the wheels are in motion for a very disturbing couple of weeks/months. Here I am...going on when I said let's STOP talking about this. Sorry guys/gals, It's news as bad as I hate it. <_<

Edited by GreenExes

Yeah, that sounds like some severe discrimination. Having to wear hats properly or no hats at all. Making them try & talk in a respectful manner. Etc. The nerve of the coaching staff!! Not only are they trying to coach these guys to win football games, they're trying to improve their chances for success in the real workforce when they graduate. How dare they teach them about manners & societal norms! Better to keep it real in the hood than to change. Because we all know that's the path to success. ;)

I'm glad 98% of this board thinks this is a load of manure & are supporting the coaching staff in these tough times.

I don't see why the interview is seen as a "croc"? The young men really didn't say anything to help or hurt themselves. I will say one thing, it is apparent some form of miscommunication occurred along the way. I'm just sick and tired of hearing about this coaching staff's "learning curve" from game-time adjustments, personnel, to player dealings & conduct. It does seem that these players are disgruntled from the new rules and changes, but I wonder if the coaches reached out to them in another form to help them understand why these things happen? These are very serious accusations. I'm very upset that my university has to endure such harsh "publicity" and possible public scrutiny. Absolutely ridiculous. :angry: :angry: :angry:

I don't see why the interview is seen as a "croc"? The young men really didn't say anything to help or hurt themselves. I will say one thing, it is apparent some form of miscommunication occurred along the way. I'm just sick and tired of hearing about this coaching staff's "learning curve" from game-time adjustments, personnel, to player dealings & conduct. It does seem that these players are disgruntled from the new rules and changes, but I wonder if the coaches reached out to them in another form to help them understand why these things happen? These are very serious accusations. I'm very upset that my university has to endure such harsh "publicity" and possible public scrutiny. Absolutely ridiculous. :angry: :angry: :angry:

First of all, I don't think Green and Chatman should be referred to as "men." If they were being "men" about the situation, they would have gone to the coaching staff and told them they had a problem with their policies. Someone mentioned earlier that they were upset because the coaching staff was cramping their style and that's exactly it. So what, a coach has a new policy and you are on a scholarship to play football and you get pissed because you can't wear your hat a certain way? Tough s%@^! Be a man and quit acting like damn little babies.

It's unfortunate that just because of two kids, and I want to emphasize KIDS, it's putting a black eye on our University. It's not like our football program is having a hard enough time by itself.

As much as I hate talking about this issue, I have to say a few things. I think what the coaching staff is wanting is for the players to conduct themselves in a professional manner. Many younger kids look up to the players and it looks bad if they are not respecting their authority. Saying things like "we are from the hood," and disrespecting coaches is not setting a good example, just like flaunting being wealthy is not setting a good example. It goes both ways. It just bothers me that these players have such big egos.

Hope that made since...I feel like I'm rambling.

Edited by cdizzle86

As much as I hate talking about this issue, I have to say a few things. I think what the coaching staff is wanting is for the players to conduct themselves in a professional manner. Many younger kids look up to the players and it looks bad if they are not respecting their authority. Saying things like "we are from the hood," and disrespecting coaches is not setting a good example, just like flaunting being wealthy is not setting a good example. It goes both ways. It just bothers me that these players have such big egos.

Hope that made since...I feel like I'm rambling.

You make perfect sense! Just look around the NFL or NBA and you cn find some talented but good examples of athletes that were not reprimanded for some of their college behavior. They just get worse....

wow, so I guess we see just how loose the reigns were while DD was the coach allowing the players to do whatever they felt like doing.

Dodge is trying to instill some discipline and class to the team and these guys do not like it. If their biggest gripe is that they want to keep their hood/thug lifestyle then fine go find somewhere else that wants that culture being displayed by their team, maybe Miami or Ohio state will do.

Just pathetic. Also KIDS is the right term for these guys, Men has not been earned yet.

We may be forgetting the third "bozo" involved here... the former coach who recruited these two losers. :thumbdown:

The issue is not race, the issue is maturity. Hopefully the NAACP will recognize that sooner rather than later and drop this whole thing with a public announcement.

Not likely:

DRC: " The NAACP was scheduled to meet with UNT players Thursday, but that meeting was pushed back. NAACP official Ericka Cain did not return a message seeking comment."

We may be forgetting the third "bozo" involved here... the former coach who recruited these two losers. :thumbdown:

This is the final/ horrible phase of Operation Black Uniform....

That bastard left us a racially charged trojan horse. Hewas smarter and more ironic that anyone here ever realized.