"the Pass"

MeanGreen61

I think I would call it "The Reception" or "The YAC."

And "The Block." Brock Stickler knocked a tackler into the stands about 30 yards upfield, right before he was going to knock Fitzgerald out of bounds.

The teamwork on that play was great stuff. Jamario was in full sprint, all the way down the field, in case Fitzgerald needed another block.

And "The Block." Brock Stickler knocked a tackler into the stands about 30 yards upfield, right before he was going to knock Fitzgerald out of bounds.

The teamwork on that play was great stuff. Jamario was in full sprint, all the way down the field, in case Fitzgerald needed another block.

Agreed, lets call it "The Block"

Good Read and the O-line gave him time to make a quick throw the ball. I like Dodge having the confidence in Vizza to throw out of the endzone 5 yards deep. What can you say about CAsey and then Brock laying it out on the line.

This was a great team win. The wind was a big factor last night. Stiff wind blowing north made punting and throwing the deep ball impossible for both teams. Mendoza had his boys ready tonight. They executed a great game plan. Kudos to the D.

That block was what the officials were conferring over. Apparently one of them thought at first that someone had come off the bench, since they both likely came back onto the field after the block. The others were probably reminding him that #82 lines up in the slot every play.

Do you always something negative to say?

No. I am not negative. I am very happy we scored there. But, we were indeed lucky to get that one. If it was reversed would you not have been frustrated that that was a play that shouldn't have happened?!?!!?

The only time I was extremely negative was calling for DD's head. Can't think of too many other times.

That block was what the officials were conferring over. Apparently one of them thought at first that someone had come off the bench, since they both likely came back onto the field after the block. The others were probably reminding him that #82 lines up in the slot every play.

Dodge confirmed this on the post-game show. Hank and George asked him what the officials were conferring over, and he said it was that they had to check that Stickler didn't come off the bench.

Do you always something negative to say?

Sounded like sarcasm to me. Either way, it doesn't take away from what happened. They blew the tackle, they got blocked, and it was off to the races.

I remember thinking, "if they get a TD out of this drive, it's gonna take a ton of plays to do it...that's if it even makes it out of the 40."

I blinked and Casey was just plain GONE.

does anyone have a picture of "the Block"

Great picture...

...I really DIDN'T like the White Helmets at first (and I still think the away unis are TOO white...) but the white pants and helmet with the green jersey looks GREAT... I'm really coming around! That picture really shows how vibrant the uniform is.

Great shot!

how about we call it a great play and leave it at that. we won how does everyone on here always have bad things to say. you are not at UT so stop acting like you are. lets be happy with the win. its the first under the Dodge.

also can anyone tell me what happened with FFR and Mendoza? I have seen some post that said some words were exchanged.

you are not at UT so stop acting like you are. lets be happy with the win. its the first under the Dodge.

So what the hell does this mean???????

It appears, judging from your screen name, your stake in NT may be nothing more than a player. I don't give a ratsa$$ if we're not at UT, aTm, TT, or TCU. We're at North Texas and DAMN proud of it and DAMN proud of North Texas football . <_<

Jesus H. Christ, I've never been so riled up as I've been over the last few days of what's transpired on these message boards (FFr incident, NT hating posts). Not even the Dickster's last few years pissed me off this much. :angry::lol:

Edited by Got5onIt

So what the hell does this mean???????

It means that no matter what UT does the message board blows up. I have a buddy that is on the orangebloods site (so this is hear say) but he said after the national title game that some people were complaining. They should have won by more and found more thing wrongs with the game. They just won the national title that is what im talking about. We won our first game of the season. Instead of calling for the DC head lets be happy with the win. We get one in the W column. This in my opinion should have been our 3 win. You are also right. The reason my name is Vizza4QB on this board is because my original reason for getting on this board was to see many of thes poeple on here tell us how GREAT Meager so i just picked a name. I think Vizza is going to be a good QB here at UNT. I hope the kid does great things i think he can take us to OU or Texas and play well. He is that kind of kid from what i am told. Also if you look at the number of post i have on this board you will see that I am new to posting on UNT sports.

Got5onIt...chill yourself a bit....it ain't that bad. This is a fan chat board....that should say it all. There are two sides to the FFR story and every story on here and many of the folks replying and having a say on the FFR thing were no where near the "action", and have no real clue what happened. I am sure it was something that should not have happened and probably will not happen again. FFR is a great UNT fan and a big supporter of the school...I am sure he was not pleased with the coach in question...I am sure the coach in question felt a little "giddy" over the win and the way the defense played...Man, they were GREAT Saturday night....but, let's let those who have a "dog in the hunt" settle what ever needs to be settled and move on...everyone is a UNT Fan here...opinions are opinions and worth what you want to make them worth...don't get too fired up over it, and don't let it ruin your day. Days are too hard to come by, and they don't come around a second time! Besides too much stress makes your hair fall out!

Let's all enjoy this first win, congratulate the team, the coaches and the fans for a nice win for the MEAN GREEN NATION...it was a great evening and I was really pleased to see the number of cheeks in the seats that were in attendance after we dropped a few games in a row! The MEAN GREEN NATION has been awakened after afew "sleepy years" under DD...I say BEAT TROY and Bring on Ark. State, Navy the MUTS and the re4st of 'em! We are on a roll...undefeated for last week! :lol: