Jmo's Touchdown Run

Stan R

I found it quite interesting that JMO's 30 yard touchdown run seemed to rouse such a response from the fans who even during some of our other passing touchdowns, etc. mostly sat quiet (SLC fans? maybe, but still). So my theory on this is that deep down we still crave the grind it out offense, and yes we were happy for JMO, but people were so happy to see the running game be effective. Am I crazy or are we having a little of the DD withdrawal from the run based-offense? :huh:

I was just so thrilled for him personally and for the team to see that kind of play after such promise three years ago and then just two years and two games of disaster ever since. It was a flashback to better days, and you could almost feel how happy he must have been.

And yeah, there's a great feeling when you see a big run get popped off.

I found it quite interesting that JMO's 30 yard touchdown run seemed to rouse such a response from the fans who even during some of our other passing touchdowns, etc. mostly sat quiet (SLC fans? maybe, but still). So my theory on this is that deep down we still crave the grind it out offense, and yes we were happy for JMO, but people were so happy to see the running game be effective. Am I crazy or are we having a little of the DD withdrawal from the run based-offense? :huh:

Nah. I think people are happy with the passing game. It's just that people also like Jamario and deep down yearn for him to have success again no matter what offense we run. It's hard to watch a hero take a fall. I think people were just happy for him to succeed again.

Could be the fact that most NT fans are also huge fans of Jamario, and were waiting (and praying) for a breakout performance. I know personally that I could not be happier that J-Mo had a great game. He gave us all such sensational performances/memories from the 04' season. I can't help but pull for the guy.

My thoughts are along the same lines. From what I have read about TD's offense, it is a fairly balanced attack when optimized. I was very glad to see Jamario have a good game; HE needed it, WE the fans needed it, and the TEAM needed it after the one-dimensional statistics of the first two games. There is a glimmer of a more balanced offense on the horizon and therefore some wins.

We all were wondering where Jamario's "extra" gear went from his freshman year and we finally saw it on that run. Man seeing that brought back some great memories of some absolutely explosive runs he had his freshman year. You just don't get to see that a lot and when a player like Jamario comes along you really appreciate it!

GMG!

I had heard alot about the guy but had never seen him play. It was exciting to finally see him and I wasn't sitting down and clapping during the big run. I hope TD is tweaking the system around him. It would be nice to see something like a split-back shotgun with Jmo and Mosley.

I was on the deck when he made that run, 42 yds not 30, and from where I was it looked like the secondary had the angle on him and he still beat the guy to the goal line. Impressive. Great to see. Go J-Mo.