New Unt Stadium

NT1978

After going to SMU for that game and this past saturday being at Fouts, Fouts REALLY takes away from the atmosphere. At SMU it was a close game until the 4th just like Saturdays game but at Fouts, it seems like everyone isn't interested anymore after halftime.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After going to SMU for that game and this past saturday being at Fouts, Fouts REALLY takes away from the atmosphere. At SMU it was a close game until the 4th just like Saturdays game but at Fouts, it seems like everyone isn't interested anymore after halftime.

I don't think that was the stadium's fault.

Yuck, who designed that? Why not just use brick? I'm glad that one got scrapped.

The new design has brick pillars on the outside facade as I remember it. Also, the one upper deck was significantly smaller than the first drawing, meaning they corrected the problem of placing too many of our season ticket holders up and out instead of down low and being a part of the game. It looked to be a significant improvement over the one pictured above.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick

Damn great now im not going to be able to sleep tonight......

Someone please post any leaked pics of this new stadium design or any construction start date info...

I dont care about completion dates, I care about a construction start time. The time those damn gold shovels are held by our adminstration in a photo op.....

Anyting below 40,000 seats and two-tiers, will be a HUGE disappointment.....

Future names: Mean Joe Greene Field, Walt Parker Stadium, Peterbuilt Field.....

Also this thread has over 1,000 people after only a few hours.... Man we desperately need a stadium....

I don't care if the new stadium has less than 40,000...as long as there is room to expand. I just care about not having that track in between the stands and the field. It's ridiculous that the first 5 rows on both sides of fouts are empty because there is no los.

Anyway,

I did hear today while at work that UNT will begin building a 60 million dollar building in the next few years, I assume that refers to our stadium. How much can 60 million buy these days?

I don't care if the new stadium has less than 40,000...as long as there is room to expand. I just care about not having that track in between the stands and the field. It's ridiculous that the first 5 rows on both sides of fouts are empty because there is no los.

Anyway,

I did hear today while at work that UNT will begin building a 60 million dollar building in the next few years, I assume that refers to our stadium. How much can 60 million buy these days?

That could be referring to the new college of business building. They have already torn down the old medical facility I believe in preparation for the new COB building.

That could be referring to the new college of business building. They have already torn down the old medical facility I believe in preparation for the new COB building.

I thought that was the area it was planned for also, but I have lately heard that it will go in the land currently occupied by Kendall Hall (my old home away from home!). I've actually heard of offices that are being moved around on campus to make that possible, so I believe it to be more than a rumor.

povfouts_500x375.jpg

I took this photo last saturday night, 9-22-07 to give a perfect point of view one has from being seated on the FRONT row at the 45 yard line.

Notice the two white arrows? The one on the left is pointing to a player out on the field after a play. The second one on the right is of the back of the head of the sideline judge, and he's aproximately 33 1/2 yards away from where I was sitting when I took the picture, of course I zoomed in so it doesn't really give a good idea of just how far away the sideline judge is. Basically this is as good as it gets if you were to use binoculars. The rest of your view of the field of play is the back of the players standing on the sideline. I challenge anyone to find another stadium that has a worst siteline from middle of the field on the front rows?

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick

povfouts_500x375.jpg

I took this photo last saturday night, 9-22-07 to give a perfect point of view one has from being seated on the FRONT row at the 45 yard line.

Notice the two white arrows? The one on the left is pointing to a player out on the field after a play. The second one on the right is of the back of the head of the sideline judge, and he's aproximately 33 1/2 yards away from where I was sitting when I took the picture, of course I zoomed in so it doesn't really give a good idea of just how far away the sideline judge is. Basically this is as good as it gets if you were to use binoculars. The rest of your view of the field of play is the back of the players standing on the sideline. I challenge anyone to find another stadium that has a worst siteline from middle of the field on the front rows?

Rick

That's pretty bad. However, I would also put the cotton bowl in that category as well. I was there in 2005 for the UT/Oklahoma game and we were at the 50 about 10 rows from the field and couldn't see anything. A lot of people were standing on their seats which of course just aggravated the problem.

I have lately heard that it will go in the land currently occupied by Kendall Hall.

This is correct. Kendall Hall and Highland Hall will be torn down to make way for the new College of Business Administration building, and possibly a new parking garage.

The site of the old Health Center will be a green space for now. This is all in line with the UNT Master Plan.

This is correct. Kendall Hall and Highland Hall will be torn down to make way for the new College of Business Administration building, and possibly a new parking garage.

The site of the old Health Center will be a green space for now. This is all in line with the UNT Master Plan.

Personally, I'd rather the new COBA building be built right next to the dillo dome. That'll show those music majors that they're not the only ones on the NT campus.

Personally, I'd rather the new COBA building be built right next to the dillo dome. That'll show those music majors that they're not the only ones on the NT campus.

Build one of the three or four most respected COBAs in the country, and I guarantee you, its status will be on a par with the COM's status. Griping about somebody else's success instead of beating the competition is so -- what's the term I'm looking for? -- unbusinesslike.

Build one of the three or four most respected COBAs in the country, and I guarantee you, its status will be on a par with the COM's status. Griping about somebody else's success instead of beating the competition is so -- what's the term I'm looking for? -- unbusinesslike.

That's not what I'm getting at. There are some music students out there that think they rule the campus (same to be said about some of the art students). I want them to know that they are not the only ones and I think it be great to put one gem next to another.

That's not what I'm getting at. There are some music students out there that think they rule the campus (same to be said about some of the art students). I want them to know that they are not the only ones and I think it be great to put one gem next to another.

Agreed. IIRC, a solid Accounting degree plan, a top Marketing degree plan, one of the first Logistics & Supply Chain Management degree plans in the nation, the first BCIS degree program in the nation, among others. I may not be the biggest fan of the COBA, but you can't deny it's had an impact in DFW and across the nation. And I bet the COBA alumni as a whole are a lot more affluent than the COM grads.