Things Will Get Better......

akriesman

OK. The absolute low point in TD's new coaching career occurred tongiht. Just remember, most of the battles are won with talent on the field. It was obvious from the first OU series that we were in big trouble tonight. The 2008 class that is already being recuited will go a long way to getting this program back on track.

Don't get down guys. Tonight was embarrassing of a game as we have ever had. It is going to take some time to build this program.

SUCCESS WILL HAPPEN !!!

Edited by akriesman

OK. The absolute low point in TD's new coaching career occurred tongiht. Just remember, most of the battles are won with talent. The 2008 class that is already being recuited will go a long way to getting this program back on track.

Don't get down guys. Tonight was embarrassing of a game as we have ever had. It is going to take some time to build this program.

SUCCESS WILL HAPPEN !!!

True...plus, it can't get much worse can it??

Look at it this way we scored on the number 8 team. We were not shut out. Look how much better Meager played. I have never been a big fan of Meager but somehow Dodge beat it into his head to move forward instead of running backwards. There is also no reason for everyone to jump on a Vizza band wagon. sure he looked good but there is no way he is ready to start. Sure he got the TD but with how many interceptions as well.

The team looks good. We will see more of what we can do against SMU and especially our conference opponents. I support Dodge and the boys. Let's show them that no longer can teams expect to beat us like this.

and Rick made a few appearances, with his new helmet looking sharp

my personal highlight of the game was watching Stoops trip and fall.

Here's to a great future for UNT

Edited by Boomer23

Ho can it get any freakin' worse??

Who you callin a ho.... biotch?!

Seriously... it's gonna get better, sure, this is the worst. But ask around... it's bound to happen if you charge forward with this gameplan against a team you have such a talent gap against. Sucks... but the payoff can be great. Just hang in there and stick with the plan laid out by the department and the coach... a plan we were all in love with until four hours ago.

Look at it this way we scored on the number 8 team. We were not shut out. Look how much better Meager played. I have never been a big fan of Meager but somehow Dodge beat it into his head to move forward instead of running backwards. There is also no reason for everyone to jump on a Vizza band wagon. sure he looked good but there is no way he is ready to start. Sure he got the TD but with how many interceptions as well.

The team looks good. We will see more of what we can do against SMU and especially our conference opponents. I support Dodge and the boys. Let's show them that no longer can teams expect to beat us like this.

and Rick made a few appearances, with his new helmet looking sharp

my personal highlight of the game was watching Stoops trip and fall.

Here's to a great future for UNT

Talk about drinking the green Kool Aid!

OU beat Houston, 63-14, in Briles' second year. OU went on to play for the MNC but they were very dominant. I believe they beat A&M 77-0 that year. OU seems rather classy to me because they were up 49-7 on us at the half and only scored 14 more in the second half. Houston went up 7-0, OU scored 63 in a row and UH scored the last TD. You just have to move on from this game. It was an exciting atmosphere for fans but the money's in the bank and now focus on improving the rest of the way. The team has a huge game next Saturday night as a follow-up.

If you were EXPECTING anything other than a butt whipping tonight, you might hop out of the Green Kool Aid pool and dry off. Hoping is one thing, but I'm not surprised....sure it sucks to lose, and you shouldn't be happy about 79-10, but step back from the ledge just a moment and think about the facts.

1) Dodge inherited a run based offense that wasn't very good.

1) Dodge installed a brand new style of offense that pretty much everyone had to learn from scratch.

1) With the new pass happy offense, Dodge had 3 scholarship receivers to work with when he got to campus, and no proven quarterback, and no offensive line.

1) Dodge had about 4 weeks to put together his first recruiting class. (Which on paper still looks better than what Dickey had been doing)

1) Oklahoma is a Top 10 team, who is really ticked about losing to Boise last year.

I'm sure there are more, but I think those are pretty solid reasons.

Now for my positives.

I like the new uniforms.

We scored 10 points on a Top 10 team in Dodge's first game even with the reasons listed above. (Even in Dickey's best years we only put up 10 against these schools).

Fitzgerald can play.

J-Mo may have seen his day. (I hate even thinking that.)

I thought Meager did an OK job, but I was more excited to watch the Godfather get in the game (theme song is playing through my head as I type).

I think we should be decent for Conference Play.

My first response to this is: If you control the line of scrimmage anything is possible.

I don't care who's offense you are running, the key is the line of scrimmage!

We lost. Badly. Lick our wounds and move on. Dodge asked for a leap of faith from his players, and I as a fan am jumping too.

GO MEAN GREEN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BEAT THE HELL OUT OF SMU !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you were EXPECTING anything other than a butt whipping tonight, you might hop out of the Green Kool Aid pool and dry off. Hoping is one thing, but I'm not surprised....sure it sucks to lose, and you shouldn't be happy about 79-10, but step back from the ledge just a moment and think about the facts.

1) Dodge inherited a run based offense that wasn't very good.

1) Dodge installed a brand new style of offense that pretty much everyone had to learn from scratch.

1) With the new pass happy offense, Dodge had 3 scholarship receivers to work with when he got to campus, and no proven quarterback, and no offensive line.

1) Dodge had about 4 weeks to put together his first recruiting class. (Which on paper still looks better than what Dickey had been doing)

1) Oklahoma is a Top 10 team, who is really ticked about losing to Boise last year.

I'm sure there are more, but I think those are pretty solid reasons.

Now for my positives.

I like the new uniforms.

We scored 10 points on a Top 10 team in Dodge's first game even with the reasons listed above. (Even in Dickey's best years we only put up 10 against these schools).

Fitzgerald can play.

J-Mo may have seen his day. (I hate even thinking that.)

I thought Meager did an OK job, but I was more excited to watch the Godfather get in the game (theme song is playing through my head as I type).

I think we should be decent for Conference Play.

Another excellent post.

Loved the new uniforms.

Is this the beginning of the end for J-Mo? Was Dodge protecting him? Was he injured?

some of you people kill me.... you gripe about dickey not winning and running on 3rd and long and now that dodge is throwing swing passes. This was the FIRST game of his tenure. I think that the ones going crazy about this game were looking at his HS record thinking that he was going to turn miracles overnight. To me this whole season is a gimme if he wins every game here on out great if he looses every game then ok no big deal. I don't know about you but I saw some good things tonight.

1) Vizza - for a true freshman he looked comfortable and confident. The interceptions were mistakes but he will move on and learn from them.

2) Meager - he looked a heck of a lot better to me than he ever did under dickey.

Everything is new and it will take time for them to adjust. Remember that patients is a virtue. Can some of you please go find some.

Guest Aquila_Viridis

some of you people kill me.... you gripe about dickey not winning and running on 3rd and long and now that dodge is throwing swing passes. This was the FIRST game of his tenure. I think that the ones going crazy about this game were looking at his HS record thinking that he was going to turn miracles overnight. To me this whole season is a gimme if he wins every game here on out great if he looses every game then ok no big deal. I don't know about you but I saw some good things tonight.

1) Vizza - for a true freshman he looked comfortable and confident. The interceptions were mistakes but he will move on and learn from them.

2) Meager - he looked a heck of a lot better to me than he ever did under dickey.

Everything is new and it will take time for them to adjust. Remember that patients is a virtue. Can some of you please go find some.

SUCK!

We did nothing to get Jamario involved. A few misdirections and swing passes out to him could have opened things up a bit. I'm certainly willing to give it some time, but I'd be lying if I said I was impressed in any way so far. We shall have a better gauge next week.

My thoughts exactly. You know who your best offensive player is, I fully expect him to touch the ball at least once a series. Maybe he was being saved for SMU, who knows.

Oh it could get worse... we could all be Michigan fans this morning.

...or Rice fans. Rice lost to Nichols State. I would MUCH rather of had my a$$ handed to me by OU (#8 team in the nation, and moving up), than to lose to a I-AA (FCS) team.

Yes, would rather be us than Michigan or Rice.

Ok, the score is severely disappointing, but I really did see a lot of positives last night:

1. We had only two or three false starts all game, and the first one I saw was midway through the third quarter.

2. We didn't have any unsportsmanlike conduct penalties.

3. We had only one delay of game penalty.

4. The sportscasters couldn't have given us a better 3 hour commercial. They were completely positive, even when we played poorly. Although they kept showing that one really annoying group of OU fans in capes, they talked an awful lot about us. (And not once did they call us North Texas State.)

5. Meager looked pretty good. He made several veteran moves when he was being chased, and didn't make a lot of stupid plays. He looked much more comfortable in the pocket then I've ever seen him.