Things Will Get Better......

akriesman

I agree that things will look up in the future. Despite the score, it never appeared to me that anyone on the North Texas sideline has given up. Even with the game out of hand, they continued to strive to make positive plays.

Like everyone else, I was hoping for a much better outcome in Dodge's debut. However, I see hope for the future and will show up proudly in my Mean Green wear at SMU's Ford Stadium next weekend.

I agree that things will look up in the future. Despite the score, it never appeared to me that anyone on the North Texas sideline has given up. Even with the game out of hand, they continued to strive to make positive plays.

Like everyone else, I was hoping for a much better outcome in Dodge's debut. However, I see hope for the future and will show up proudly in my Mean Green wear at SMU's Ford Stadium next weekend.

It wasn't until the last drive that TD started running it out.

If you were EXPECTING anything other than a butt whipping tonight, you might hop out of the Green Kool Aid pool and dry off. Hoping is one thing, but I'm not surprised....sure it sucks to lose, and you shouldn't be happy about 79-10, but step back from the ledge just a moment and think about the facts.

The only thing I was expecting out of the game was to be competitive. Thats all. I want us to be competitive with the anybody. I didn't see that last night but hopefully it will be night and day difference next week.

After having time to thing about last nights game and sleeping on it, I have come to the following conclusions.

1. I want to apologize to the entire Mean Green Football Program for giving up on them last night. I got so frustrated with the first half that I turned off the game and missed some encouraging things that happened in the second half. You guys didn't give up, and I shouldn't have.

2. I think the entire Mean Green Nation also owes the program an apologize. We expected too much, too soon. We expected our beloved Mean Green to be another SLC under TD. We expected a miracle overnight. If this would have been a team coached by DD, Matt Simon or even Dennis Parker, we would not be so shocked by the outcome.

And finally, things will get better. We will be ok. TD is a proven winner. I can't wait to see how he and the team reacts to this adverse situation next week against SMU. I feel sorry for anyone who gets in our way the rest of the year.

GO MEAN GREEN

This is one fan who will always support you no matter what happens.

If you were EXPECTING anything other than a butt whipping tonight, you might hop out of the Green Kool Aid pool and dry off. Hoping is one thing, but I'm not surprised....sure it sucks to lose, and you shouldn't be happy about 79-10, but step back from the ledge just a moment and think about the facts.

1) Dodge inherited a run based offense that wasn't very good.

1) Dodge installed a brand new style of offense that pretty much everyone had to learn from scratch.

1) With the new pass happy offense, Dodge had 3 scholarship receivers to work with when he got to campus, and no proven quarterback, and no offensive line.

1) Dodge had about 4 weeks to put together his first recruiting class. (Which on paper still looks better than what Dickey had been doing)

1) Oklahoma is a Top 10 team, who is really ticked about losing to Boise last year.

I'm sure there are more, but I think those are pretty solid reasons.

Now for my positives.

I like the new uniforms.

We scored 10 points on a Top 10 team in Dodge's first game even with the reasons listed above. (Even in Dickey's best years we only put up 10 against these schools).

Fitzgerald can play.

J-Mo may have seen his day. (I hate even thinking that.)

I thought Meager did an OK job, but I was more excited to watch the Godfather get in the game (theme song is playing through my head as I type).

I think we should be decent for Conference Play.

Mad Hatter - All good points and I feel the same way as I posted some of these before the game. I know it sounds crazy but I feel ok after replaying the game again. This team has a different swagger about it than teams in the past. Every time someone took a big lick or had a bad play they bounced right back up and were ready for the next play. That hasn't always been the case in the DD regime.

This team needs EVERYONE at the SMU game next week. There is no excuse for us not to have a good portion of Ford Stadium in green. This is a closer drive than Denton for a lot of us.

We will get better as the season goes on.

Let's forget about OU and bring on SMU!

GMG!

2. I think the entire Mean Green Nation also owes the program an apologize. We expected too much, too soon. We expected our beloved Mean Green to be another SLC under TD. We expected a miracle overnight.

Well I don't know what YOU were expecting, but I expected an ass-whipping, and that's exactly what we got. Why should I apologize? At least I was in Norman.

Well I don't know what YOU were expecting, but I expected an ass-whipping, and that's exactly what we got. Why should I apologize? At least I was in Norman.

That's what I expected. Sure, I had visions of upsets dancing in my head. But in the end, I expected that. Did they run up the score? Or did they have opportunities where they couldn't not score? It's like Texas last year: They may have called off the dogs, but when we fumble on our goal line, you can't blame their lineman jumping on the ball in the endzone.

Folks...we will definitely get better. remember...TD had more tight ends on the roster than wide receivers when he showed up for day 1. Give it some time.

I went to the OU game on the Exes bius...lots of fun, except our driver REFUSED to go over 50 mph the whole way up and back...I could have walked faster...but that's for another post. It was great being able to "knock back a cold one or two" on the way up and back on the bus.

But, Firefigher Rick was on the bus I was on, and he said it right when he got on after the game...something to the effect of..."just a little bit of character building"...nothing to worry about. I agree...but, sorry, FFR...I am sure I got your quote wrong...maybe you can post the REAL DEAL. It was spot on!

Anyway, the OU fanes were great!!! My wife and I walked all through the Sooner taligating area, and encountered nothing but friendly folks! Got lots of good lucks and lots of "thanks for coming to Norman" comment. Even a Norman policman welcomed us to Norman. We were in the sout endzone and the fans there were great...I have no clue what they all point to on a kick-off, but every OU fan there that my wife & I encountered was gracious and friendly.

I will say the drunk fan that body blocked Eppy/Scrappy near the end of the third quarter was a bit of a jery...but I am sure he had one or two too many...the cops hauled him off in hand cuffs quickly and Eppy/Scrappy was none the worse for wear.

Hey, if the OU band can wear uniformans...why can't the Green Brigade??? We lost the football game, but I think we won halftime. Band sounded great...just looked a little "less than steller" in thrie shorts and t-shirts....

Anyway...got home at 2:30Am after a great Staurday at the game...Hey...who keeps score in these "money games" anyway...IT WILL GET MUCH BETTER...Go Mean Green!

Thanks to the Exes for the busses....