New Qb?

hickoryhouse

For all my Meager-bashing...I have to say that I was impressed to see the first person to greet Vizza on the sidelines after his second INT was none other than Daniel Meager. It looked like he was actually offering words of encouragement. (I sure as hell hope he wasn't giving him any advice!)

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

After a safety --- 79-10 final. :(

Bring on SMU!!!

I'm not sure he looked great but he did look like a playmaker to me. Good coaching and practice reps will thin out the ill advised passes.

Well, I meant great in terms of him being a true freshman and making some big throws. Not great as in Joe Montana/John Elway great. :D

I really liked what I saw from Vizza. I was pretty frustrated throughout the whole game, but I saw a glimmer of hope while Vizza was out there. Yea he made some mistakes, but I expect that from a Freshman QB. I really hope that he gets the start against SMU cause I see him as the future of this team.

Vizza is tough as hell, he runs the ball hard, maybe as hard as anyone we have right now, i know that sounds crazy, but he runs with authority. He is a playmaker for sure and brings energy. One bad read but he made some great throws and had a couple of big drops. Meager starts against SMU but I wouldn't be surprised to see Vizza get some playing time.

One minor correction. OU played with defensive starters well into the third quarter, practically until the fourth. What Vizza did on his first few drives wasn't against the "scrubs." And, as has been said by someone already, there are no scrubs on that OU roster.

Spin it however you want, Vizza is not only the future he should be the present.

One minor correction. OU played with defensive starters well into the third quarter, practically until the fourth. What Vizza did on his first few drives wasn't against the "scrubs." And, as has been said by someone already, there are no scrubs on that OU roster.

Spin it however you want, Vizza is not only the future he should be the present.

Agreed!

Shades of DD...the *Telegram said TD said Meager was still his QB or words to that effect....

Seriously, why don't we just call this what it is...which is a "building" year. We have brought in a new regime, basically new everything. The landscape of NT football has changed.

Having said that, I think (and, no I am not the coach, ok) the best thing to do is start Vizza, and get him ready for next year. We obviously will be focused on building and getting better, learning the new system, so let's focus on the future.

I do not mean for this to sound defeatist in any way, just being realistic and practical...

At first, I thought our offensive line significantly struggled to keep OU away from Meager. However, after Vizza came in the O-line looked pretty good. I think Meager's problem is that he scrambles wide and outside at the first sign of an OU player seemingly breaking through... Vizza stays in the pocket and looks very comfortable, confident, and strong doing so. his ability to stay in the pocket and trust offensive line actually made the O-line look much improved. I think this is b/c even if the defense starts to break through, the O-line can deflect the defense away from Vizza knowing that Vizza wouldn't take off running. With Meager, he made it impossible for the O-line to block b/c he takes off running in weird, wide angles at the first sign of trouble. Granted - Vizza made ugly mistakes, like the safety, but overall I think that Vizza will eventually take the job from Meager.