Coach Dodge Radio Show At Hooters

chrisfisher

exactly - i listened to it too. Although the signal died several times on me and kept drifting to some redneck comedy show..(no im not joking)

So he did an interview , but just not at Hooter's ? Or was it at Hooter's ?? I hope not , I worked OT because I didn't think there was anything going on 2nite

I was there. Overall it was pretty good.

TD is still extremely optimistic about this season. He seemed very humble/thankful for all of the fans that came out to support the team, and said how fired up the team was about that. He also said he hopes to have 25,000 fans show up for the home opener. Most of the time was spent talking about how this week the coaches plan on focusing on a list of player mistakes that need to be fixed. Dodge often reiterated how this team is still very far from it's true potential and he is very excited about showing us the talent of this team.

During the break I heard someone ask Dodge if the officiating crew was from the CUSA, and he said it was actually a SunBelt crew...is this correct?

Edited by GabeGMG

Gee.....you go to the official website for what you think would be the most up to the date info.....and you read that there is no show scheduled for Sept. 10.

Heck, I would have been there....if I had only known.

Please do not let this turn into a if you do not like it give more money. It is a little frustrating, but what else can you do other than ask for a couple of computer science/web designer interns to get some real world experience and keep the mean green faithful in the know. Oh yeah there is a UNT Hosted Tennis Tournament this weekend.

I was there. Overall it was pretty good.

TD is still extremely optomistic about this season. He seemed very humble/thankful for all of the fans that came out to support the team, and said how fired up the team was about that. He also said he hopes to have 25,000 fans show up for the home opener. Most of the time was spent talking about how this week the coaches plan on focusing on a list of player mistakes that need to be fixed. Dodge often reiterated how this team is still very far from it's true potential and he is very excited about showing us the talent of this team.

During the break I heard someone ask Dodge if the officiating crew was from the CUSA, and he said it was actually a SunBelt crew...is this correct?

The Sunbelt crew is certainly possible. In most inter-conference games (exception money games - because the big schools dont want small school officials) the on field officiating crew is from the road teams conference, while the sideline and booth officials are from the home teams conference.

Please do not let this turn into a if you do not like it give more money. It is a little frustrating, but what else can you do other than ask for a couple of computer science/web designer interns to get some real world experience and keep the mean green faithful in the know. Oh yeah there is a UNT Hosted Tennis Tournament this weekend.

There was also a "Meet Your Buddy" event hosted at the AC center last night as well which was well attended I'm told.

Rick

The "Meet Your Buddy" night was awesome. My 4 year old had a great time -- as did Daddy. The players were very happy to sign autographs, take pics, etc & were very appreciative of the support. It was a 2-way street though as I felt the same way about what they were doing. I'm sure the other people who attended thought the same way. The players were GREAT! As we're about to leave, here comes Todd Dodge down the hall & he hung out for awhile w/people, signed autographs, etc. I now have a great picture of my little squirt on Coach's lap. Sweet!!

I'm telling you, Coach Dodge has gotten us more pub in 6 months than the last 8 years combined. He knows how to coach .. and make time for the little things too. Just an all-around good guy!

Was at the Coach Dodge radio show at Hooters last evening...and, yes, the officials at the SMU game were, in fact, from the Sunbelt Conference. I asked how they could miss the "knee" on an SMU pass reception that went for several yards after the catch and after the "kneee".....the official was RIGHT THERE! Coach Dodge said he gave them plenty of time to review the play and he still has no clue how they missed that call.

Good Radio hour at Hooters last night...BUT, I was a bit disappointed in the crowd until I was told/reminded of the competing event at the AC for the "Jr. Mean Green Club"...Meet Your Buddy Night, I think it was called. Coach said he was heading over there right after the radio show to be part of the event. That's a great thing and congrats to Coach Dodge and his players!

Now, let's get some better crowds at the Coach Dodge Show...Monday nights 6:30-7:30PM at Hooters in Denton. I was told the show was on every Monday at 6:30PM during football season....so, there's your schedule. Heck, if you show up and there is no radio show and no Todd Dodge one Monday at 6:30PM, the beer is still cold, the food is still good and the "service folks" aren't bad either! You could do much worse for an evening outing in Denton.

I know this could be a problem if you drove from say, Dallas...but, then I heard that events that early werte impossible for Dallas folks to attend...even though I work in Dallas and made it to Hooters in plenty of time to beat the opening of the show...and, hey, I did not use a helicopter!

Let's make it a full house for the next Todd Dodge radio show!

GO MEAN GREEN!!!