Coach Dodge Radio Show At Hooters

chrisfisher

I am in class every Monday from 6:00 - 9:00. Can y'all update me as to what was said tonight and the general mood of the show??

VERY UPBEAT and confident. TD says they didn't contact him 4 years ago at SLC when they scheduled OU, but if our kids perform as they've been taught that we will be in the hunt. KNTU pulled the plug before the show was over, so didn't hear his analysis of OU or his evaluation of defensive side of the ball. Mean Green Nation should all protest the "Jazzhead" that cut off TD. Post contact for KNTU if you have it and let's barage them with protests!!!!!!!!

VERY UPBEAT and confident. TD says they didn't contact him 4 years ago at SLC when they scheduled OU, but if our kids perform as they've been taught that we will be in the hunt. KNTU pulled the plug before the show was over, so didn't hear his analysis of OU or his evaluation of defensive side of the ball. Mean Green Nation should all protest the "Jazzhead" that cut off TD. Post contact for KNTU if you have it and let's barage them with protests!!!!!!!!

Still on at 7:25

Was he implying "in the hunt" against OU, or just in general through this season?

Chris

TD very upbeat

Talked about how the defense is strong and deep at all positions

Plans to rely on the front 7 heavily.

Couldn't have asked for a better type of safety than aaron weathers. will ask alot of him

he eats trout before every game, 48-0 when doing that

like Meagers experience and game hardened awareness.

Vizza pushed meager

Casey Fitzgerald couldn't have been a walk on

the players and him really were jazzed up by the turnout at the spring game.

expect to see Micah Mosley at OU

Jamario is unselfish, soft hands, above average blocker

no idea who they are red shirting.

hates recruiting people to red shirt, believes they dont compete in practice if they know they are sitting

Edited by Green Nightmare

Nice to see that the show is an hour long.

Decent turnout, need to have more of the Mean Green nation show up.

Open mike was available, nobody asked a question.

Very upbeat and informative.

Answered the trivia question incorrectly.

Get on the bus to ou this Saturday and support our team.

GO MEAN GREEN !!!

My recap is this. Earlier today I predicted a Mean Green loss at OU. Now I'd take Dodge and 10 kindergartners to beat OU by 65.

Seriously, this is night and day from past years! You can even hear that Dunham has raised his own excitement level just by the tone of his voice. My one point I'd add to what has already been said (and maybe I'm sensitive to listening for this after past years) is that Dodge managed to talk OUR team up more than OU. To close a quick 3-4 minute segment on breaking down OU he did admit that it would be a "monumental task."...and I am FINE with that admission. He gave OU their props...said their RB tandem was potentially tops in the nation but said that they'd be starting a first timer at QB and that we'd test him. He talked about going into a game like this and being competitors...said that people are talking this game up like it's already 21-0 OU before the whistle ever blows, but that it's just 0-0 and at the end of the game we only have to be up by 1 point to win. But mostly, he talked about every position player on our team and talked them up. Not saying that better PR is going to win us ball-games, but it's a NOTICEABLE change around these parts. Really, I just get the feeling that Dodge is working to instill some confidence in these players....esp. our 2 most critical players---Jamario and Meager.

Edited by TIgreen01

I don't think I saw this in anyone elses posts, but he said that Cam Montgomery was having a slow time because of injuries. He also made it sound like Cam would be the back up to J-Mo if he hadn't had the injury problems.

I also noticed that he referred to SLC as his "last job" or "where I worked before", like he was tired of hearing people ask about that or maybe he's just trying to put some distance between the HS level and DIA.

Edited by Green Crazy

thanks for the fix fellas... I was really jones'n during class for some updates... Dodge's enthusiasm is infectious.... I hope we have a respectable showing against OU... it will do wonders for the Mean Green nation...

i want to echo TIGreen

about this time last week I was geeked just to see NT play, but know fare well we probably arent coming home with a W

After yesterday I am thinking not are we going to win, but by how much?

It's not that TD said anything directly either

He just makes me proud to be an alum

One last thing he brought up twice was how he did not want the seniors to be remembered as the groundwork layers

He wants them to share in the greatness he thinks this University can be

The most disparaging thing Todge said was, "We have a monumental task ahead of us." He then followed it up with a comment like, we will have our kids prepared to play.

I just plain like his attitude. "Let's not worry about the things we can't control and concentrate on the things we can control. We can't change the fact that there will be 80,000 fans there mostly rooting for OU. I just want our players to give everything they have for each and every play."

A new day has dawned.

GO MEAN GREEN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BEAT THE HELL OUT OU !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...