Curious What Everyone Would Like To See

UNTLifer

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Few things whip my ass more than AC/DC...

I'm an indie music junkie so I like Quoner's idea of splicing Icky Thumb and Seven Nation Army...add to that "The Prayer" by Bloc Party or something by The Strokes...probably too obscure however.

For a combination of laughs and "oh my God I can't believe they're playing that's" we could play the bridge to "Tyler" by the Toadies..."I found a window in the kitchen..." Those of you who know this song are loving this idea.

I'm an indie music junkie so I like Quoner's idea of splicing Icky Thumb and Seven Nation Army...add to that "The Prayer" by Bloc Party or something by The Strokes...probably too obscure however.

For a combination of laughs and "oh my God I can't believe they're playing that's" we could play the bridge to "Tyler" by the Toadies..."I found a window in the kitchen..." Those of you who know this song are loving this idea.

Fun fact: the Toadies bassist took a class from my friend who's an adjunct ad prof here last Spring. They hang out now and he goes backstage to most shows.

Duran Duran's "Hungry Like the Wolf."
Are they serious???? :blink::blink:

That's it. Let's play a lot of stuff nobody's heard.

Are they serious???? :blink::blink:

Yup - the White Stripes are pretty "underground."

Good music is good music. It's not a singalong. Look at what the Dropkick Murphys have done for Boston.

I'm not tired of AC/DC, just tired of Thunderstruck.

Here's my suggestion (minus the Japanimation)

www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9qSvzHn74Q

PMG would love it.

I don't know what vagsh and knives are, but I think they referenced it in Superbad.

Wagner's "The Ride of the Valkyries" as played in Apocalypse Now would be a great intro to go along with our new passing attack. Death From Above.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLRj5erjhP8...ted&search=

Kill! the Wabbit!, Kill the Wabbit, Kill the Wabbit...Kill the WAAAAAABIIIIIIIITTTTTTT!!!!!

Gotta love Looney Tunes.

Perfect for me would be the Thunderstruck plus the players chant. "LETS GET IT!" "FIRED UP!" "LETS GET IT!" "FIRED UP!" "WHO YOU WITH" "I'M WITH YOU" "WHO YOU WITH" "I'M WITH YOU" "WHO YOU WITH" "I'M WITH YOU" "WHAT TIME IS IT?!" "GAME TIME!" "WHAT TIME IS IT?!" "GAME TIME!" "WHAT TIME IS IT?!" "GAME TIME!" "1-2-3 GAMETIME!!"

That one's good enough for me but I expect it will be something different this year?

Rick

Hmm...didn't realize you were the voice of such a wide audience...had I known I would've consulted you before my post...apologies...I'm now even surprised I've heard of the bands I referenced.

Yup - the White Stripes are pretty "underground."

Good music is good music. It's not a singalong. Look at what the Dropkick Murphys have done for Boston.

Saw Schilling's 200th win and a Papelbon save last year...left the park rockin out with 30,000 fans to "Tessie" by the Dropkick Murphy's...awesome.

I've got a couple of suggestions, I like Seven Nation Army by the White Stripes (the guitar at the beginning is hair tingling), something from Rage Against the Machine (Rally Round the Family or Bulls on Parade) or For Whom the Bell Tolls by Metallica (cool song and it ties in with the Victory Bell).

I'm with ya on the Rage (if you couldn't tell by my avantar). I was thinking something from their first album...Know Your Enemy, Bombtrack, Take the Power Back, Wake Up...here's a link that has samples of these songs (scroll down to "Listen to Samples")

Rage samples

But there are plenty of songs on their other albums that could fire people up.

Several Metallica songs would do the trick as well.

Several Metallica songs would do the trick as well.

I am a huge Metallica fan. Personally I think Fuel for Fire would work really well...

Here's a sample of the lyrics:

Gimme fuel, gimme fire, gimme that which I desire!

Turn on the dynamo, into the wild I go,

No other place I know, I know.

Turn on I see red,

Warhorse, Warhead,

Throttle up for speed ahead, yeah ahead.

CHORUS:

Ooooh, on I burn,

Fuel these pumping engines,

Burning hard, loose and clean,

And on I burn, turning my direction,

Quench my thirst with gasoline.

Gimme fuel, gimme fire, gimme that which I desire,

Can't fight the need for speed,

I'm loose, I'm clean, I'm burning lean and mean, and mean.

Ignite the open trail,

Excite, exhale, comin' on, hot from hell, yeah hot from hell.

Tell me this song wouldn't get everyone fired up. Video is great as well. Hell, just use this as our entrance video.

"Put em in a body bag Johnny!"

They used this during a basketball game last year for the Krystal's eating contest. It was glorious.

Also used in one of the greatest episodes of Southpark ever.

"Pueblo es muy mal! Pueblo es no bueno!"

Hmm...didn't realize you were the voice of such a wide audience...had I known I would've consulted you before my post...apologies...I'm now even surprised I've heard of the bands I referenced.

Saw Schilling's 200th win and a Papelbon save last year...left the park rockin out with 30,000 fans to "Tessie" by the Dropkick Murphy's...awesome.

The only strike against Tessie is that it was used in that abortion of a Jimmy Fallon movie a few years ago.

The only strike against Tessie is that it was used in that abortion of a Jimmy Fallon movie a few years ago.

That describes every Jimmy Fallon movie!