In Denton This Afternoon

ADLER

I was in Denton this afternoon with my family and we stopped at the athletic center around 5:00 to see the new displays in the Hall of Fame section of the building.

There were a lot of cars in the lot but the main entrance doors were locked. There were a lot of voices and laughing coming from behind the building. I walked around to the side of the building so I could see what was going on.

It seems that the whole team may have been there and there were about 30 of our players hanging around outside with their hair dyed bright yellow. They were laughing loudly each time another group of players came out of the locker room with this bleached look.

They certainly looked odd but I guess it some type of team unity thing. I wanted to go down there and ask but I had the family waiting in the car.

Does anyone know the story behind this?

Hate to say it, but this is another SLC tradition.

It's been around a lot longer than SLC has been doing it. It just one of the many things teams do to show unity (i.e. certain haircuts, eat at the same place day before game, same color wrist bands or wear them in a different spot (i.e. around the ankle), same undershirts, everyone has a beard/goatee, don't cut your hair etc.).

Dang it Adler, I just bleached my hair this morning to show the fans are united too and now I read this!

man__megaphone.jpgIt's A Lie!

I made up the whole thing. It was a slow day on the board and I thought I'd post something just to stir the hornets nest.

I guess I'll have to try a little harder next time.