Giovanni Vizza

MeanGreen61

Your infatuation with Woody is just as bad.

Actually my "infatuation" with Woody is just a counter-point to the "Meager will start. God has spoken to me and told me so. I am going to ignore multiple years of on field proof and decree it to be so, Meager is our quarterback" talk. I could care less who starts as long as we win but I just can't handle 3 months leading up to the season listening to this crap.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I support ALL of our players. I think TD will be swayed only by what they do on the practice field this month. If Woody does the best job running this team and this offense, he is going to be our starter; I am confident he will get the chance to show what he has (which is PLENTY). Is Woody giving HIMSELF the best chance? I don't know and can't express an opinion. I DO know that you take classes when they are scheduled, not at your own convenience, and that I respect all of our players even more when they take care of business in the classroom. May all of our guys give it their best shot and may a clear performance leader emerge from the pack.

Because everyone on this message board (myself included) is an expert, duh! And, just because we may not actually "know" something per se, doesn't necessarily mean we aren't qualified to offer said expert opinion!

Viva Woody, Viva Vizza, Viva chocolate éclairs, and Viva North Texas Football!

He actually has been working out with receivers and they love him, just in case anyone is wondering.

WW has not been showing up for summer workouts or to 7 on 7. in my opinion from throwing with all the QB's the starting position will go to either DM or GV. GV has a great arm and gets rid of the ball quickly just dont know what he can do against a defense with pads on but i guess we will see in a few days.

WW has not been showing up for summer workouts or to 7 on 7. in my opinion from throwing with all the QB's the starting position will go to either DM or GV. GV has a great arm and gets rid of the ball quickly just dont know what he can do against a defense with pads on but i guess we will see in a few days.

stick82, I'm curious now that there has been 9 months to evaluate the "incoming" since last December, but does your priority of needs still look like this?

QB

WR

DL

OL

DB

LB

TE

RB

FG

Any info you could share would be greatly respected and appreciated.

Rick

Why in the world wouldn't he/hasn't he?

New coach, new style that benefits many of his talents. Regardless of being the starting QB he could shine in various roles on both sides of the ball.

I don't get it.

He seems to never look off his main target. <_<

**Disclaimer: My sarcasm is aimed at The Fake Lonnie Finch.**

Yeah, he did...which is why he was being recruited as a QB and not an athlete. And, it's why, if Dodge is half the coach people think he is, his son will never see the field as a starting QB as long as Vizza is here.

Thanks for the report. I'm anxious also to see how GV looks compared to Meager and up a level with the college receivers/defense.

GV has a great arm and gets rid of the ball quickly just dont know what he can do against a defense with pads on but i guess we will see in a few days.

I think we all know what Meager can do against a defense with pads on! ;) Let's just hope he's able to avoid those hard hits a little better this year.

After re-watching the GV recruitment video, I'm hoping he can quickly befriend the sideline too. It just takes one full speed collision with a LB or safety to dislocate a throwning shoulder, break a rib or suffer a concusion. Don't get me wrong, I love the tough attitude and the fact that he's not willing to back down from a hit while running in the open field, but he has to be smart too. He can't do the team much good from the trainer's table.

Early prediction: I predict Brock Stickler will surpass his 2006 total receptions and receiving yard stats in the first game of 2007 vs. OU.

stick82, I'm curious now that there has been 9 months to evaluate the "incoming" since last December, but does your priority of needs still look like this?

Any info you could share would be greatly respected and appreciated.

Rick

im not really sure yet i would say my main concern is the O Line not because of the talent their but the depth but i think coach dodge did a great job of recruiting in that department its just really hard to tell what we need right now without seeing how the incoming freshman and the transfers that are coming in this fall will fit into the system so its hard to say what we need exactly but this is what i would say as of now

OL

DB-safety i dont think Roy is coming back next year due to grades

QB- we will see the battle between GV and DM this fall

i think all the other positions are pretty solid and set for next year

as for the incoming WR that are coming i like sam dibrell i think he runs the best routes and has pretty good hands i think brandon lewis has the most potential if he works hard he will be a great player breece johnson will also be a great player he just needs a year or two to gain some weight and some strength even walker is pretty good too

Edited by stick82

Yeah, he did...which is why he was being recruited as a QB and not an athlete. And, it's why, if Dodge is half the coach people think he is, his son will never see the field as a starting QB as long as Vizza is here.

Thanks Coach. Glad to have you here to enlighten us with your wisdom. BTW, have you ever seen Vizza or Dodge play live?

It doesn't matter who starts at QB... our O-Line is probably our weakest link.

--Maybe that is true (weak O-line).... but then I think it does matter who the QB is..... then the QB needs to have some mobility, be able to think fast, and be able find a receiver and get rid of the ball in a hurry to OUR receiver and not the defensive player. The worse the line is, the the quicker and smarter the QB needs to be. ..

---This problem also falls on the sideline... plays will need to be called that develop fast with an probable open receiver in the first 5 yards or so... and not plays designed to hit the deep receiver as the first option...... although sone receivers should have a deep pattern just to pull defenders from the line of scrimmage if nothing else. A deep receivers also give a hurried QB a chance to throw long and incomplete without risking a intentional grounding penality. You can be sure that Dodge understands this... he has not won a Zillion games without thinking out every option and the consequences. You also will see a different type of play some weeks based on what we can or can't do agains certain defensive situations. This is what excites me about Dodge... He knows how to win when winning is possible.

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66

It doesn't matter who starts at QB... our O-Line is probably our weakest link.

The o-line may still be an issue but with Lefty back and the new system I expect better play than last year. The new shotgun system will give who ever plays a little more time to scan the field than in years past. As compared to the 8 man fronts our QBs are used to seeing bearing down on them before they even finish a 5 step drop.

I still have a bad taste in my mouth about Meager. It may not even be his fault but its like getting really drunk and the next day you have a terrible hangover. You tell yourself that you are never going to drink again because you don't want to feel as bad as you did. Eventually, one of your buddies suckers you into a drink and you like the taste, you are just more cautious this time.

Point is, if there is a glass of Meager on the table, I need to be convinced that it won't make me sick because I haven't seen anything since the MTSU game in '05 that would convince me of it is safe to drink again.

Cr1028 Posted Aug 3 2007, 11:49 PM

I still have a bad taste in my mouth about Meager. It may not even be his fault but its like getting really drunk and the next day you have a terrible hangover. You tell yourself that you are never going to drink again because you don't want to feel as bad as you did. Eventually, one of your buddies suckers you into a drink and you like the taste, you are just more cautious this time.

Point is, if there is a glass of Meager on the table, I need to be convinced that it won't make me sick because I haven't seen anything since the MTSU game in '05 that would convince me of it is safe to drink again.

Are u kidding me. This is a new day for all the Qb's....Meager has been hand cuffed and beaten up by the worst D-1 coordinator (flanigan) in America.

Its a new day tomorrow. I wonder whose butt is puckering now? The only thing that would make this more interesting is if the Dodge kid was here now. I would pay to see Meager, Dodge, and Vizza go at it. I would like to see Dodge coach Dodge. That will be a delicate matter, imo.

I believe this intense competition makes Dodge look good. All those kids are busting it and the show starts tomorrow. I would love to be in the offices to know what Dodge is thinking.........this dude can coach up them QB's so this should be really fun to watch.

At the cookout last night Dodge was talking to a group of people and every time Giovanni was mentioned he looked that the cat that swallowed the canary.

I think that Vizza has a very good chance of stepping up and taking the starting job. He fits into Dodge's style of offense.

At the cookout last night Dodge was talking to a group of people and every time Giovanni was mentioned he looked that the cat that swallowed the canary.

I think that Vizza has a very good chance of stepping up and taking the starting job. He fits into Dodge's style of offense.

Who knows......maybe this kid is the real deal. TD is either playing it cool or not letting anything out of the bag. Danny was on the football panel at one of the functions so who knows------------Dodge might be playing his cards close to the vest.

Guest GrayEagleOne

Coach Dodge can't, and shouldn't, tip his hand until he's had a number of workouts with the two of them. He saw Meager in the spring but he's only seen on video what Vizza can do. He'll make the correct decision.

Having said that, I think that the 2006 Class 4A Offensive Player of the Year probably has an advantage over Meager in accuracy, quick release, and experience in running a no-huddle offense. I think that Vizza has better credentials as a recruit than Meager did.

Meager has the lead in college game experience. My big concern for Meager is that he doesn't get another concussion.

Things that are hard to determine as to who will have the advantage are ability to make quick decisions, mechanics, leadership and arm strength.