Giovanni Vizza

MeanGreen61

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Harry put up a video link that gave us a taste of the ability that Riley will bring to the Mean Green. Here's a link to some Vizza videos that show why TD is so high on him. :D

Giovanni Vizza

http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/viewp...mp;pr_key=55402

Kid looks faster than 4.8 to me. Seems to have nice zip on the ball and touch on the deep.

i like that he's not afraid to lower his shoulder and make a defender pay for tackling him. He won't be able to do that at the Div 1A level and stay healthy, but it's great to see a guy that plays with that intensity. And he can run a little bit as well!

I like the attitude of that, as well. But, you're totally right. I'd rather see him learn to exit stage right against some angry Troy linebackers.

i like that he's not afraid to lower his shoulder and make a defender pay for tackling him. He won't be able to do that at the Div 1A level and stay healthy, but it's great to see a guy that plays with that intensity. And he can run a little bit as well!

I know a guy we have on roster right now who does the same thing and all we've ever done is knock him for it. "Why can't he just run out of bounds and not towards the defenders?" <_<

I know a guy we have on roster right now who does the same thing and all we've ever done is knock him for it. "Why can't he just run out of bounds and not towards the defenders?"

Does every post you make have to have some tie to Woody Wilson?

C'mon regular season!

To bad that Woody doesn't want to paly as bad as you wnat him too. If he did he would have worked out this summer with the team and showed the other players that he had an interest in being a QB

Oh I forgot that he won the SMU game so he doesn't need to pratice....

Edited by KBJ

To bad that Woody doesn't want to paly as bad as you wnat him too. If he did he would have worked out this summer with the team and showed the other players that he had an interest in being a QB

Oh I forgot that he won the SMU game so he doesn't need to pratice....

You're exactly right. And, save the incoming freshman, who exactly showed you ANYTHING last year to make this relevant?

I think Woody missed spring practice because he had conflicts with class. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the football players are at NT to get an education while playing some football. I don't know if Woody was in summer school or not, but he was in town. How do we know that he hasn't been working out with the receivers this summer? My personal opinion is that Woody's athletic ability could be used better at another position. Emmitt's opinion is that Woody is the best option at QB this year. We disagree, but we both will support whoever is the QB because they are leading the Mean Green. Might either one of us want a QB change if the starter does not perform well? Yes. Will this topic even die when Woody exhaust his eligibility? No, but that is what makes this message board so fun.

Edited by GreenBat

How do we know that he hasn't been working out with the receivers this summer.

Because everyone on this message board (myself included) is an expert, duh! And, just because we may not actually "know" something per se, doesn't necessarily mean we aren't qualified to offer said expert opinion!

Viva Woody, Viva Vizza, Viva chocolate éclairs, and Viva North Texas Football!

I think Woody missed spring practice because he had conflicts with class. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the football players are at NT to get an education while playing some football. I don't know if Woody was in summer school or not, but he was in town. How do we know that he hasn't been working out with the receivers this summer? My personal opinion is that Woody's athletic ability could be used better at another position. Emmitt's opinion is that Woody is the best option at QB this year. We disagree, but we both will support whoever is the QB because they are leading the Mean Green. Might either one of us want a QB change if the starter does not perform well? Yes. Will this topic even die when Woody exhaust his eligibility? No, but that is what makes this message board so fun.

No excuses MF'ers. Woody should be living and breathing football. He should have scheduled his classes around the volunteer workouts. Vizza should have taken over the SMU game last year. If he had taken care of all this sh*t back then, we wouldn't have these weak arguments in Wilson's favor. Thank God Giovanni can run through trucks and provide us with 5 minute rival videos. That's all we need to see. WW is doomed.

Edited by greenminer

My personal opinion is that Woody's athletic ability could be used better at another position.

I would love to see the Woodster try receiver. He likes the contact and loves to run with the ball. He's too lanky for running back but if he can catch he has all the tools to be a receiver; as a passer, not so much. :P

That kid is a freakin Dick Butkus playing QB. He is tough as hell, in that one clip, he kills that kid in that Indoor Stadium. Good athlete, good speed, definitlely a 4.6 range. On Rivals, some of those posted numbers are on Soph. or Junior years, so it is hard to tell what he is speed wise.

That one game against the team in all blue (I think that is Copperas Cove), shows video of him running by some athletes in the secondary. Good arm.

Based on what I saw Logan Turner (in high school) do, Vizza could have gone to SMU and avoided the "Riley" deal. No wait, that would have been the easy thing to do. Bring on Riley, Meager, Vizza and it will be game on next spring.

I do know that WW has not been to voluntary workouts but just on occasions............I asked two different kids who DON'T PLAY QB and they both said he doesn't do much. I think he realizes the writing is on the wall, imo.

How can you be a SR. and not be the leader at every voluntary workout. Don't give me the school BS line either.

Dodge's credibility goes right out the window if WW sees the field. What does that teach the young kids coming up??? It is okay to miss but because your talented that you still get to play.....that is BS.

I hope Dodge doesn't screw around with kids who do not want to pay the price. I'll take Meager, Tune, Phillips or Vizza before Woody.....they at least show up and do their work. Based on those clips, the Stallion will give those other boys all they want.

Edited by Dodge2007

Dodge's credibility goes right out the window if WW sees the field. What does that teach the young kids coming up??? It is okay to miss but because your talented that you still get to play.....that is BS.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: You've said some funny outlandish things in the past but I think we've hit a new high (or is it low?). Dodge's credibility? My sides hurt. If, and this is a big IF, Woody was far and away the best quarterback missing voluntary workouts would have NOTHING to do with his "seeing the field." You wanna honestly tell me that if Brian Brohm missed voluntary summer workouts Louisville would bench him in the name of those who "put in the work"? Or that Arkansas would sit down Darren McFadden if he missed voluntary summer workouts? Please, please, tell me your Meager obsession hasn't taken you this far. I AM NOT, let's be clear on this, saying that Woody is the best quarterback on the roster...never have said that. But I'll stand by this until somebody, ANYBODY, on this roster proves me wrong....No QB has proven IN A GAME SITUATION to be head and shoulders above the rest. If there were a surefire proven front-runner summer workouts would not/should not have anything to do with his PT.

And the whole "don't give me the school BS either" argument, are you freakin kidding!!!??? How ever could we allow our student-athletes to possibly worry about their eligibility before football? Have we learned nothing from Texas Tech and Byron Hanspard? This is D1 football! This isn't intramurals! (thought I'd throw that in for your edification...happy now?)

And just for fun:

Meager, Daniel 11 97.63 100-53-6 53.0 517 4 54 47.0

Wilson, Woody 8 98.84 90-54-8 60.0 528 2 33 66.0

Hmmm...more total yards, yards per game and completions in 3 less games? A higher QB rating and completion percentage? I'm telling you, Woody's inaccuracy will just never cut it.

Edited by emmitt01