Nt Vs. S M U

DallasGreen

Unlike the subject of the previous thread this is a very winnable game. There's no way Bennett could explain two losses in a row to that teacher's college up north to the big cigars that fund pony land!!! I have also had the thought that TD probably knows more about Justin Willis than any oppossing QB that NT will face this year, having twice prepared for him @ SLC. This has to be an advantage.

Edited by DallasGreen

Unlike the subject of the previous thread this is a very winnable game. There's no way Bennett could explain two losses in a row to that teacher's college up north to the big cigars that fund pony land!!! I have also had the thought that TD probably knows more about Justin Willis than any oppossing QB that NT will face this year, having twice prepared for him @ SLC. This has to be an advantage.

I'm gonna go on record now and say that Bennett has to take them bowling this season or he's gone...because they will lose to NT.

The previous thread never stated NT would beat OU. It was purely about, what, if any, reprecussions would befall Stoops if OU lost especially considering the fact that they lost to a team, Boise, that they were "suppose' to beat. I'm not blinded by aura of Dodge. I'm not drinking kool-aid. The thread wasn't "When NT beats OU what do you think? Could it happen? Sure. Will it? Most likely not. I'll be there to see it unfold either way.

The previous thread never stated NT would beat OU. It was purely about, what, if any, reprecussions would befall Stoops if OU lost especially considering the fact that they lost to a team, Boise, that they were "suppose' to beat. I'm not blinded by aura of Dodge. I'm not drinking kool-aid. The thread wasn't "When NT beats OU what do you think? Could it happen? Sure. Will it? Most likely not. I'll be there to see it unfold either way.

More thread on SMU about playing UNT on posted on Fox Sports. That the game vs UNT will be critical...:

Thread Link

Its a good thing we play UNT early in the season. Their offensive system will still be a little rusty and we should be able to take advantage of that. I sure wouldn't want to tangle with them later in the year.

Its a good thing we play UNT early in the season. Their offensive system will still be a little rusty and we should be able to take advantage of that. I sure wouldn't want to tangle with them later in the year.

Dodge will have them in mid season form for the OU game...31-21 UNT over SMU

No need to get so touchy. I will also be at Norman, and truthfully, I'll be thrilled to see a team that just puts it all on the line for a whole game rather than the lackluster efforts we have witnessed in past money games. That's all anyone should expect and anything more is icing on the cake, and a confidence builder for what will be a crucial game to this program the next week against SMU. I've witnessed money games by DD coached teams in which they basically just showed up and went through the motions. Not to fault the kids-- when your coach is telling the media you have no chance and whinning about the schedule--how can you be motivated? This even happened in lesser games that were not money games like Air Force, Baylor in Waco, South Florida, and numerous others. Any game on the schedule is worth the players' maximum effort. We have seen much less than that the last two times at UT.

This game will be critical for both squads.If Unt wins, SMU will have a lackluster season and wont go bowling. I also think Bennet will be gone, im suprised he wasnt last season but he did have some progress towards the end of the season.

If Bennett is gone, SMU will try to lure TD. SMU will think he's a good fit for their opening.

I think UNT can pull it out, and I also think that this is their easiest OOC game on tap this season, so they should win and people should also think the same.

Good point about TD knowing alot about Justin Willis.

NT 24- Smu 20

This game will be critical for both squads.If Unt wins, SMU will have a lackluster season and wont go bowling. I also think Bennet will be gone, im suprised he wasnt last season but he did have some progress towards the end of the season.

If Bennett is gone, SMU will try to lure TD. SMU will think he's a good fit for their opening.

I think UNT can pull it out, and I also think that this is their easiest OOC game on tap this season, so they should win and people should also think the same.

NT 24- Smu 20

If UNT bea

NT 24- Smu 20

If UNT beats SMU, I think there will be such a public outcry from SMU alums for Phil Bennett to be fired that SMU officials might even consider it (although I think they would decide to let him finish the balance of the 2007 season).

If SMU finds themselves looking for a coach and if they tried to hire Todd Dodge away from us, I think UNT will not want to lose this battle to SMU and we will somehow/someway come up with the funds to match whatever SMU says they would offer Todd Dodge (even if one of our fat cat alums would have supplement his salary); but I don't think there will be such a need on our part.

UNT's Ace in the Hole? And might one former SMU coach who (along with his sons who played for their dad at UNT) and this former UNT coach who simply loves to come back to UNT when he can, ie, for golf tourneys, Homecomings, NT Athletic Hall of Fame breakfast events, etc, etc, etc; nevertheless, might this former SMU/UNT head football coach want to volunteer to Todd Dodge some free advice on what may be the better coaching job for him short-term & long-term)?

Who knows who will win the game at Gerald J. Ford Stadium, but UNT losing Todd Dodge to SMU if Coach Bennett does not return to the Hilltop should probably not be reason to worry for any of us in Mean Green Country. Just a gut feeling on this subject along with the fact that we would have some things that would work in our favor if such a tug-a-war with SMU were to take place for the services of Todd Dodge.

Our future new stadium at the Mean Green Village will so very much galvanize many things for our entire UNT community, our athletic program and for certain...........Mean Green football. None of our Metroplex inter-collegiate foes will no longer have the Fouts Field card to flash in front of our faces any longer; or recruits that we are competing with said same DFW D1-A schools.

Edited by PlummMeanGreen