Approximatley, How Many Unt Football Games Have

calvin

It's been years since I've been able to go to a home game, but from '93-'99, I don't think I missed more than 2 home games. That, plus away games and 1 NO Bowl, I imagine somewhere around 45 games.

That sounds just like my history as well. I worked for the athletic department for the 1993 season (believe there was a regime change after that, b/c I lost my job), and saw every home game from the press box. That got me started, and I do not believe I missed too many after that, but 45 games sounds about right to me. My last home game was the (now infamous) 2006 FAU vs. NT "black jersey" game. Not the best NT game I have ever witnessed, I must say...

Edited by NCMeanGreen

Around 220-240 home games with another 20 or so road games and all 4 New Orleans Bowls. Started coming in 1958 at age 12 to see Abner Haynes play. Made every home game as a student 1965-1969, and season ticket holder every year since graduation. I've seen all the UT,SMU,TCU games in that span home and away and other various road games including the first in our return to 1-A @ Missouri

Around 220-240 home games with another 20 or so road games and all 4 New Orleans Bowls. Started coming in 1958 at age 12 to see Abner Haynes play. Made every home game as a student 1965-1969, and season ticket holder every year since graduation. I've seen all the UT,SMU,TCU games in that span home and away and other various road games including the first in our return to 1-A @ Missouri

holy mokes. you're the man.

I have attended about 100 games over the years and became a season ticket holder with the move back to D1. Have attended all four New Orleans Bowls and games at UT, OU, A$M, Baylor, TCU, and Colorado. I also took the bus trip to the infamous ULM loss back in 2001.

Billions and Billions.... Oh wait...that is the number of stars in the sky.

Did not count the number of games. I have been to a lot of them. Exact number: I don't know. Makes my head hurt thinking such things.

Though I have lived within 40 miles of Denton for 40+ years, and have always wanted a 'local' team to win, I am a relative newcomer to actually attending the games (and did not attend UNT). I think the number is 9, though there may be one or 2 I can't recall specifically. That includes the NO Bowls of '03 and '04.

Hands down the best moment of any of these games (or rather post games) was being in the alcohol, party and debautery capital of the U.S....New Orleans...in 2002 following our win over Cincinati and actually being responsible for the closing of Bourbon St. UNT shut down Bourbon Street. Theres something I doubt any other school can claim. Few things are more intimidating than being a hammered 20 year old, walking around a foreign city and being yelled out by mounted police officers...and giving them a good-strong CAW_CAW

Hands down the best moment of any of these games (or rather post games) was being in the alcohol, party and debautery capital of the U.S....New Orleans...in 2002 following our win over Cincinati and actually being responsible for the closing of Bourbon St. UNT shut down Bourbon Street. Theres something I doubt any other school can claim. Few things are more intimidating than being a hammered 20 year old, walking around a foreign city and being yelled out by mounted police officers...and giving them a good-strong CAW_CAW

Onlying being around since 1999 I can't argue the NO Bowl win in 2002 was by far my favorite memory of a game followed by the big win over Baylor in 2003 and then smu last year.

That's a lot of Mean Green football there! I'm impressed.

I've been a season ticket holder for about 25 years. And I've typically gone to one or two "big" road games per year. Plus 4 New Orleans Bowls. I would guess 125 or 130. Shamefully, I've never been to a conference game on the road, with the exception of games at UTA when we both were in the Southland.

Oh, and I'm going this year too.

Join the Mean Green Club

Buy Season Tickets

GO MEAN GREEN

You never went to a game at SFA - that was pretty cool stadium, though small. This is great question, but I have no idea how many. I have been going to the home games every season since I was 5 and I am 33 now. Throw in 5 or so road games I guess it would be over 100.