Who Is Your Favorite To Win The Belt

NT03

I'm definately not above picking us. I think it will come down to us, Troy, and the MUTS this year though. We have a lot of potential its just a matter of if it can come together before belt play or not. I have a feeling we will see flashes of brilliance during the OU game then things will really start to come together during SMU (a very winable game). After that anything is possible. Our D kept us in most games last year and there is no way our offense can be worse.

Can't make a pick. I don't want to bring on any bad Mojo.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Don't you put that evil on me Ricky Bobby, don't you put that on us" ;-)

Excuse me, that post is offensive to the practitioners of Black Magic, and your sig line is offensive to rednecks.

Hard to say that Troy isn't the odds on favorite. They were playing really well towards the end of last season. I'm also with CBL in that FAU is a team to watch this year. They seemed to be putting it all together in the 2nd half of last year.

I still like NT's chances to make some noise in the Belt this year...don't know if I think SBC championship is realistic or not yet.

Troy...then MTSU...then North Texas...

Dodge Ball 1 year away from a trip to the New Orleans Bowl (or a BCS Championship Bowl a la Boise State) :rolleyes:; unless........................?

Seriously, we probably need about 3 more years of Todd Dodge Football Camps @ the Mean Green Village and TD recruiting classes before we pull a Boise State type of deal; but we all do have our dreams, don't we? :)

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

Keep an eye on those Owls...20 of 22 starters return.

Agreed....FAU is my pick to win. Troy loses too many starters on the oline to repeat. The MUTS lose too much on both sides of the ball. We've got an excellent chance of staying in the hunt if our defense lives up to expectations, but I think we lose a couple conference road games to eventually take us out of the race.

I like to think we've had more talent across the board than some of our bowl years (I know some of you would beg to differ...), this was just wasted due to, well, ya'll know. Even with a little bit more discipline and some mildly creative play-calling, that would be enough for a major turn-around.

I hope I'm right. The Belt is definitely deeper and tougher at the top than most - if not all - of those bowl years.

Troy fans are going to love this poll.. not even the mean green fans think they have a shot to win the sunbelt

I don't think that's true. To pick one team to have the best shot at winning the conference is not saying another [all the rest of them] do not have a shot. Besides, 23 out of 64 (so far) is absolutely not saying No Shot.

Edited by McK