Even In 1910 We Had An Interlocked Nt

NT80

I know I will be shot for saying this but the "North Texas" is growing on me. It is different then alot of schools and I want us stand out. Also like most of you initially I was not excited about the new white helmets but im starting to think they are going to look really good. I guess we will have to see in Norman!

I know I will be shot for saying this but the "North Texas" is growing on me. It is different then alot of schools and I want us stand out. Also like most of you initially I was not excited about the new white helmets but im starting to think they are going to look really good. I guess we will have to see in Norman!

Ready . . . Aim . . .

The Interlocked NT has been our history for years and years. The all-time best representation of North Texas

UT, OU, A&M, all stand out with the use of their lettering, its time we do the same.

You know, while their interlocked letters are easily recognized, that's not THE reason why those letters work. Your statement is the same as saying Coca Cola and Nike all standout as brands because of their logos. No, just like those schools, Coke and Nike's logos are as good as they are because the product is good and has been around that long. Seriously, give up on the interlocked letters. The other thing is this: it's gonna be hard to justify ripping off the logo style when those schools have had it for YEARS, and those schools are also a lot older than ours. We're not those schools, and while we'd like to be viewed to be the same caliber, that doesn't mean we have to look exactly like it. You might as well have us change colors to something reddish or orangish so we're more like those schools.

I thought about shaving it into area strays, though I think Nair might work better.

Seriously, though, how many people do you think we could convince to shave "NT" into their head in some form or fashion?

Maybe we could get some Fry Street kids in on the action, too.

The 1980s interlocking NT looks a lot like Northern Tool.

logo.gif

Difference is Northern Tool has the fatter "N" while the NT 1980s has the fatter "T."

And all this time I thought that mean't, uh........... :huh:

Tool Northern! :blink:

We know who we are no matter how we configure our letters, but way too many (still) don't............let's not confuse that group anymore than they are already with our one true tradition at UNT of constant change of our brandings, logos and shades of green; and usually such changes when we have an AD or football regime change in Denton.

I'm still for a helmet (a la UT) that has a futuristic-looking symbol on it that represents what our school's official mascot is and then...................... put "Mean Green" on the upper front part of our football jersey where you can use much larger letters with our school's 2'nd nickname than we ever could put on a football helmet's limited area to put any combination of words or letters on it.

Letters on a football helmet from a distance (like when one is sitting in the stands of Fouts Field's 50 yard line which is anywhere from 35-40 yards from the sidelines) are not easily distinguishable even for those who even know what is on the helmet. Just my .02 among this message board of very diverse opinion on this particular subject. :lol:

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

OK, lets put this inter-locked, unlocked, disjointed, connected to the hip (or whatever) "N T" helmet idea and business to bed forever.

Here is my contribution which was inspired by my Mr. Computer Tutor Graphic Arts discs (free if you agree to buy the next 20 discs hot off the press for $19.99, too).

N ~ T

Uh,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,well? :huh:

Edited by PlummMeanGreen