1st home game of 2007

Stan R

I say sellout.....and it should, be if it is marketed right.  Everyone should want to come see the "Really Big Shooo" out of curiosity....

As I pointed out in another thread, I got an email from RV and he assures me that there will be MORE promotion for the football team next year. I hope that means television, radio, and something to get those 33,500 students to fill the east side of the stadium.

Home attendance will be detemined by two factors. One, how badly did we get man handled by OU and secondly who are we playing. Even if OU kills us and the first home game is a lame opponent, I still look for 20,000.

I don't see us getting a sell out crowd in front of a MAC team... (isn't that our first home game?) I would think about 25-28k.

In my opinion, here's going to be the difference. For the last two years we've had pretty good attendance for the first few games, but people got tired of seeing a slow offense that rarely won. I think after they see dodge-ball, we're going to start hooking them in.

Home attendance will be detemined by two factors.  One, how badly did we get man handled by OU and secondly who are we playing.  Even if OU kills us and the first home game is a lame opponent, I still look for 20,000.

I agree with Drex, lets not get carried away with sell-out talk. Those endzone seats will NEVER be sat in consistently.

In Price is Right style, I will say 20,001

No question on this one... The LARGEST crown in Fouts Field History!

Book It!!!!!!

......31,000+<><> *Standing Room Only......

NOTE: Lots of extra dragon/mean green and even some burn't orange-clad fans in this audience for the home football season debut of UNT Coach Todd Dodge--a very, very special night for Texas college football. smile.gif

* PS: Why not? Especially if they start selling season (& individual) tickets for this game now (or at least very soon--like at a real "Spring" Football Game played on a Saturday in the Spring)? cool.gif As soon as I can, I'll buy my tickets. Quite frankly, wouldn't want to miss out on this most historic event for the entire university family.

Edited by PlummMeanGreen