Jamario

BonfireBrian

Well I wonder why... let me think maybe because Dickey and RF ran an off-tackle back up the middle all season long? Nah that couldn't be it...

Dont forget also all the times this year he and Meager ran into each other in the backfield. Couldnt have been good for the shoulders.

Edited by NT03

Because he's a fluke. Watching him play I can't believe he led the nation in rushing a few years back. He doesn't seem to understand that if the hole is blocked, look for somewhere else to go. Don't run into the other team run away from them.

Because he's a fluke.  Watching him play I can't believe he led the nation in rushing a few years back.  He doesn't seem to understand that if the hole is blocked, look for somewhere else to go.  Don't run into the other team run away from them.

improvising is why you get benched, see Woody Wilson rotting on the end of the bench. I would imagine he is kicking himself for not playing safety for a real coach at a BCS school. Hopefully the new coaches know how to utilize talent.

Because he's a fluke.  Watching him play I can't believe he led the nation in rushing a few years back.  He doesn't seem to understand that if the hole is blocked, look for somewhere else to go.  Don't run into the other team run away from them.

With 2 to 3 men in the backfield AS you take the handoff where would you suggest he go?

Jamario Thomas will not be our running back next season, it will be Evan

It would be another ong season if he Evan was our every down back...he is too small. He would be a very good change of pace/3rd down back.

I really think a new coach is going to come here and give a rebirth to several players on this team...here is a list of players that I believe are in for big years with a new coach...

J-Mo

Brandon Jackson

Casey Fitzgerald

Nathan Tune (or one of the QB's on our roster)

I think the o-line will benefit from a new coach as well

It would be another ong season if he Evan was our every down back...he is too small.  He would be a very good change of pace/3rd down back.

I really think a new coach is going to come here and give a rebirth to several players on this team...here is a list of players that I believe are in for big years with a new coach...

J-Mo

Brandon Jackson

Casey Fitzgerald

Nathan Tune (or one of the QB's on our roster)

I think the o-line will benefit from a new coach as well

I would add Nick "The Oak" Foster and Robert Peachy for the O line to your list.

RIck

I'm gonna disagree and ask you about that O-Line. It's their responsibility to hold the holes for him to run through. I don't know about you, but if the back can't find a hole to get through and if the line can't hold the D long enough for the guy to get off-tackle, then what should he do then?

Wait, he should run away from them, just like you said. And if you can't go to the sides or up the middle, then run backwards, right?

If its true (as one of you posted) that some NT assistant coach told Jamario Thomas to bulk up or muscle-up after his record-setting freshmen year then I am afraid we have discovered yet another major coaching blunder during the DD Ball era. If it ain't broke--don't fix it? sad.gif

The UNT running back who we all listened on the radio as he ran for over 250 yards against the Big 12 Colorado Buffalos cannot (in my mind's eye) ever be called a fluke.

I think it has been a combination of a few things (including what has been the on-going down cycle of this MG football program since "Super J's" true freshmen year) along with his nagging hammy' that has caused much of this.

Many of us think Jamario Thomas can become Super once again and end his UNT career in a blaze of thunder in his last year just like he did in his first year; of course, a couple of heralded JUCO lineman recruits come this December wouldn't hurt things, either.

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

If its true (as one of you posted) that some NT assistant coach told Jamario Thomas to bulk up or muscle-up after his record-setting freshmen year then I am afraid we have discovered yet another major coaching blunder during the DD Ball era. If it ain't broke--don't fix it? sad.gif

The UNT running back who we all listened on the radio as he ran for over 250 yards against the Big 12 Colorado Buffalos cannot (in my mind's eye) ever be called a fluke. 

I think it has been a combination of a few things (including what has been the on-going down cycle of this MG football program since "Super J's" true freshmen year) along with his nagging hammy'  that has caused much of this. 

Many of us think Jamario Thomas can become Super once again and end his UNT career in a blaze of thunder in his last year just like he did in his first year; of course, a couple of heralded JUCO lineman recruits come this December wouldn't hurt things, either.

Hopefully you're right. I just haven't been impressed with what I have seen out of him this season.