Good Game

BlueRaiderFan

Blue Raider fans deserve to rub this one in; we weren't shy about celebrating our victories over them in the past. We still have a 5-1 series edge that's worth bragging about, but they beat us worse Saturday than we've ever beaten them. They beat us worse than some big programs did in paycheck games. Ugh.

I think it was low class on MTSU scoring a TD with :30 left in the game with a 4 TD lead.

Game is in hand. You have the ball. One knee down and the game is over.

For those who want to argue it, look at Notre Dame vs. SMU about 6-8 years ago. ND was stomping a mud hole in the Mustangs that game. ND player had a TD late in the game (don't remember how much time but more then :30) and he chose to step out of bounds instead of run up the score. That shows a lot of class by Notre Dame. I would hope to see more of that from other teams.

I doubt DD has run it up on another team, or at least I have not seen it happen. I am sure someone will come up with an example. Regardless, I would not approve of it if we did do it.

Show some class.

Edited by gksmith

I think the coach wanted that RB to get his TD.  He's been close in other games, only to let our first string RB run it in.  I wouldn't take it personally.  I think it was a matter of building depth and rewarding a guy for his hard work.  I personally would have taken the knee, but then again, I'm not the coach.

Don't worry about it. It wasn't classless. Taking a knee is just as humiliating in that situation. They weren't throwing in the end zone. Nut up and make a stop.

Sorry Long Jim but I disagree. The play was to take a knee. Doing anything to make a score (pass/run/kick a FG) I consider running up the score.

BlueRaiderFan...maybe it is rewarding a hard working player and maybe it isn't. I still disagree with the move regardless of the intent.

Of course nothing against you personally.

I think it was low class on MTSU scoring a TD with :30 left in the game with a 4 TD lead.

For those who want to argue it, look at Notre Dame vs. SMU about 6-8 years ago. ND was stomping a mud hole in the Mustangs that game. ND player had a TD late in the game (don't remember how much time but more then :30) and he chose to step out of bounds instead of run up the score. That shows a lot of class by Notre Dame. I would hope to see more of that from other teams.

I doubt DD has run it up on another team, or at least I have not seen it happen. I am sure someone will come up with an example. Regardless, I would not approve of it if we did do it.

Show some class.

I see these posts on this board after we get blown out. There is nothing un-classy about scoring TD's. They have every right to score every point they want. If we don't like it, then we should stop them from scoring. End of story.

Show some class.

Did you enjoy our grenade celebration at ASU's expense?