UNT- SMU GAME PREDICTIONS!

UNT_playmaker

Let's get pumped up for what I think is the most anticipated game at Fouts Field in EVER!!!! We have waited a looooong time to get SMU's asses here to show them what we all here at the University of North Texas are all about.....

Well we are about to show them....The best tailgating, gameday, and ass-whooping they will receive all year long....

University of NORTH TEXAS MEAN GREEN------31

SOUTHERN METHODIST University--------------17

Attendance-----30,500+ ( the raised ticket prices to $15-25 will hurt)

Jamario Thomas 120 yds Johnny Quinn 2 TDS

Man I really really really hope that we win......

GO NORTH TEXAS MEAN GREEN WHOOP THAT MUSTANG TAIL

Edited by UNT_playmaker

I wish I could make a prediction. It seems impossible to predict this game (1) without knowing who our QB is and (2) knowing that DD is "going back to drawing boards to devise a simpler offensive scheme." Who knows what we will end up with. My gut says we will win though.

i dont know, depends on who scores the most points. If we can get even one more than them, I like our chances.

You are not playing fair!!! tongue.gif

I predict one team will score 21 points, and the other team will score 24 points.

Guess I'm not playing nice, either!!! biggrin.gif

SMU 20, North Texas 7

I hope I am wrong.

The above prediction is based on a belief that SMU is much better than they are given credit for. I look for North Texas to be a strong contender in the Belt, but I don't think NT can run the ball well enough to win against SMU. NT has improved at the QB position, but IMO we still don't have the QB talent to win without a strong running game.

Edited by Buford_Julep

I wish I could make a prediction. It seems impossible to predict this game (1) without knowing who our QB is and (2) knowing that DD is "going back to drawing boards to devise a simpler offensive scheme." Who knows what we will end up with. My gut says we will win though.

Good point (In Greggo voice).

I'd just like to see us score a touchdown and hold them to under 20. For some reason, I can't get the visions of the 19-5 loss to TCU at Fouts a few years back out of my head. I think this game is going to be ugly. Neither team is worth a crap...SMU has more experience across the board, but has a freshman QB. Both teams have good RBs, but our dline is not very good. I think Bennett is going to look at how many yards we gave up on the ground last year, then look at the UT game film of them basically doing the same thing to us this year and you're going to see a whole lot of running between the tackles---from both teams.

Realistic:

SMU - 21

UNT - 10

The 'X' factor in this game is J. Willis. Willis should be as comfortable as he's ever going to get in college playing at Fouts field (played several big games there in HS)....if he stinks it up again this week (like I hope he will), he's going to have a tough year. This guy likes to run more than pass (I don't care what you read about Willis---in his big games in HS, he ran all over the field---sometimes for good, sometimes for bad---but I'd describe him as a wild runner). He could very well lose them the game by himself if we just come after him and force him to move around.

SMU - 10

UNT - 17

SMU 31

UNT 14

I feel that having too much pressure on the team to win will cause too many mistakes. Plus, I am not at all comfortable with our special teams if the game is close.

Hope I am wrong.

BTW, I still like this teams chances in the Sun Belt. So, I am not completely down on them. As usual, it is probably going to take 4 or 5 games to get things in sync.

Edited by akriesman

Guest GrayEagleOne

BTW, I still like this teams chances in the Sun Belt.  So, I am not completely down on them.    As usual, it is probably going to take 4 or 5 games to get things in sync.

You're probably right, but why is that? Why does it take several games to get going? This year could be an exception since we lost fewer starters than usual. But really, why does it take so long year after year?

If we keep losing OOC games a lot of us aren't going to care by conference time.