2006 DCTF to hit stores June 13th

GreenBat

06/06/2006

DALLAS – Summer in Texas means two things – hot weather and football season is quickly approaching. To get the state ready for all of the action is Dave Campbell’s Texas Football, the Southwest’s leading football source since 1960, which goes on sale June 13.

Printed and published annually by Host Communications Inc, this year marks the 47th edition of Dave Campbell’s Texas Football. This year’s 368-page magazine includes in-depth sections on professional, collegiate and high school football in Texas.

This year’s cover features four of the state’s best high school quarterbacks (Jarrett Lee, Brenham; Ryan Mallett, Texas High; G.J. Kinne, Gilmer; John Chiles, Mansfield Summit) together with Texas Football legend Earl Campbell.

The cover story examines the “Texas Revolution” — the transformation of Texas high school football’s run-oriented past to its modern pass-happy philosophy.

Fans can get their first look at the cover in “The Making of the 2006 Cover” to be aired on FSN Southwest Sunday, June 11th. Check local listings for time and station.

The 2006 edition also looks at the changing of the guard at QB at all of the Division I programs in Texas; how Southlake Carroll has gone from a suburban program to one of the greatest dynasties in Texas High School history; and a recruiting feature that looks at how the state is churning out big-time QB prospects.

Plus, the magazine includes yearly staples like the Reebok Super Team, the Gear Boss Coaches of the Year, the All-Texas College Team, and team-by-team coverage of more than 1,300 high school football teams.

Dave Campbell’s Texas Football is available throughout the state where magazines are sold. It also can be ordered by calling 1.866.313.2578 or online. The cover price is $9.95.

06/06/2006

DALLAS – Summer in Texas means two things – hot weather and football season is quickly approaching. To get the state ready for all of the action is Dave Campbell’s Texas Football, the Southwest’s leading football source since 1960, which goes on sale June 13.

Printed and published annually by Host Communications Inc, this year marks the 47th edition of Dave Campbell’s Texas Football. This year’s 368-page magazine includes in-depth sections on professional, collegiate and high school football in Texas.

This year’s cover features four of the state’s best high school quarterbacks (Jarrett Lee, Brenham; Ryan Mallett, Texas High; G.J. Kinne, Gilmer; John Chiles, Mansfield Summit) together with Texas Football legend Earl Campbell.

The cover story examines the “Texas Revolution” — the transformation of Texas high school football’s run-oriented past to its modern pass-happy philosophy.

Fans can get their first look at the cover in “The Making of the 2006 Cover” to be aired on FSN Southwest Sunday, June 11th. Check local listings for time and station.

The 2006 edition also looks at the changing of the guard at QB at all of the Division I programs in Texas; how Southlake Carroll has gone from a suburban program to one of the greatest dynasties in Texas High School history; and a recruiting feature that looks at how the state is churning out big-time QB prospects.

Plus, the magazine includes yearly staples like the Reebok Super Team, the Gear Boss Coaches of the Year, the All-Texas College Team, and team-by-team coverage of more than 1,300 high school football teams.

Dave Campbell’s Texas Football is available throughout the state where magazines are sold. It also can be ordered by calling 1.866.313.2578 or online. The cover price is $9.95.

Bought my copy of Dave Campbell's yesterday at the Albertsons on I35 in Denton.

Those predictions are based on the fact we coughed up just about every game last fall, that DM is still listed at starting QB, and that we haven't gone into the the fall practices just yet.

I have faith in the team- that the players have the talent to win every game but UT, and maybe even give those suckers a run for their money.

I will be very, very, very surprised if Danny IS NOT the Starting QB against UT.

My sources say he's having a GREAT summer!

I wasn't at all pleased by those predictions either.  And you left out the predicted loss that I thought was most alarming; Akron.

DC is just calling it like they see it.

- Tulsa and LaTech pasted us last year.

- UT is the defending National Champs. Their 2nd string could beat us right now.

- SMU is a toss-up but if you base it on our OOC record under DD then???

- We can probably win the Belt but that would just make us the best of the worst

Just got mine at the local "wally world". The North Texas coverage is one of the most unremarkable I've seen in a long time.

Last season was the most unremarkable we have had in several years as well....thus.....

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66

DC is just calling it like they see it.

- Tulsa and LaTech pasted us last year.

- UT is the defending National Champs. Their 2nd string could beat us right now.

- SMU is a toss-up but if you base it on our OOC record under DD then???

- We can probably win the Belt but that would just make us the best of the worst

When I first saw Akron on the schedule I sort of snickered to myself. Now I'm a little concerned. I just picked up my annual copy of the The Sporting News preview and Akron is nationally ranked at 46 while we're ranked 95!! I don't put a whole lot of faith in those rankings but that's a BIG difference.

Beating SMU and winning the Sun Belt are obviously top priority but if we lose to a team nicknamed the Zips.... unsure.gif