Troy signs four star QB

cattousefan

While I understand that going past 3-star recruits is a risk, the staff could make it a point to chase down at least one or two 4-star recruits at key positions that have immediate need while going after the 2-3-star recruits at those positions. You never know, being able to play early could be a big draw. I'm also seeing that in terms of NFL recruiting, it doesn't really matter what conference you play at as long as you perform very, very well.

While I understand that going past 3-star recruits is a risk, the staff could make it a point to chase down at least one or two 4-star recruits at key positions that have immediate need while going after the 2-3-star recruits at those positions. You never know, being able to play early could be a big draw. I'm also seeing that in terms of NFL recruiting, it doesn't really matter what conference you play at as long as you perform very, very well.

Agreed. I think the success of DeMarcus Ware in the NFL this year is a great testament for that. If PC and JMo and Nick Bazaldua all make it to the NFL and perform, it will matter less which conference we play in and matter more that our coaching staff knows how to get a recruit to the next level.

Scout.com

I must be blind also can not find 4 stars

The link you have is from when he graduated high school. Apparently, he was only a two-star recruit at that time. Note his height, weight, and interested schools, THEN go to the original link posted in the first message. You'll see he's now at 6'2", 215 (220) as opposed to 6'0", 205. OR, if you go to the list of QB recruits for 2006 on scout.com, you'll find him just after #17 Kevin Riley and at 4 stars.

Until you go to Rivals and see him listed as a 3-star.

I was responding to a poster who put up an old link and said he couldn't find a 4-star ranking. Haugabook is, according to scout.com, a 4-star recruit, as I posted. If you have a problem with that specific site's ranking system, that's not my problem. At any rate, a 3-star recruit at rivals is of the level that most people around here would be praising DD for, especially since they were falling all over themselves about 2-star Rivals recruit at the same position with less size, a worse injury history, and far less skins on the wall.

Instead, we'll just piss and moan about how the system isn't accurate. Judging by team performance, however...