How Many Will Be At The Troy Game?

NT91

I think it may be the smallest crowd in some time. A 6pm game is going to be hard to attract the casual fan to...and I think that some on the home side won't bother to fight traffic to make it to a game that will be on tv anyways.

That said, I could care less how many are on the home side b/c it'll be the student/visitor side of the stadium that will be immediately visible due to the camera angle that ESPN will be using. We'll have a good student turnout, I predict....but we should also just force people over to that side of the stadium so it looks better on tv. Remember watching the FAU-OKst game a few weeks back? The default game camera showed that there was almost nobody on the visitor side of the field.....however, when they showed the home side(rarely) of the stadium it wasn't that bad. The AD should seriously try something like closing off certain sections of the stadium so that the crowd has to bunch up. The SunBelt needs us to do everything we can to help the league and I truly think that it makes a game more watchable when you flip the channel to it and see that there are actually people in the crowd who care about the game too.

Attendance will be dismal. First, it is on a weekday at 6:30. If it was later, we might be able to get more people after work. But to have people come from Dallas for a 6:30 game is pushing it. Second of all, there are night classes going on at UNT. Midterms are approaching so students aren't going to be able to skip. I know I won't be there at the Troy game because of this very reason. This will mark the first time EVER as a student that I will miss a home game. Third of all, we have gotten blown out for 2 of our 3 games. For the causal fan, that will be an excuse to miss.

TV or no TV, the attendance will be bleak. Sorry to be a pessimist, but it's reality. wink.gif

I'm there plus one. It's never a bad thing to show our players we are still there for them. If we win, we win. If we lose, "Hey Pierow, you got a Bud Lite?"

Oh, my son's current bedtime prayer:

"Now I lay me down to sleep, and hope my Eagles can throw deep. Our quarterback has some trouble throwing...our next win may come when it's snowing. J-mo doesnt get much time, unless it's more than third and a dime. Still Cobbs will battle and never stop...Dad says play Emmitt, but he's a cop. I love the games and cotton candy, Dad's weeping towel will come in handy. Coach Dickey says we're getting better, but that weeping towel is getting wetter? All I know is games are fun, and cant wait until another one. Win one or lose one this team is great, let's see if ESPN calls us North Texas State????"

GMG!!! wink.gif

our marketing department must pull out ALL the stops beginning yesterday! the biggest promotion/giveaway should be done for this game. unfortunately, the football team hasn't given the casual fan reason to come, so we'd better figure out a way to get them there. This promotion can't just be done, it must be ADVERTISED! shoot, the breckenridge ski resorts have posters all over campus advertising their college week and because of that everyone gets really excited about it. here's what you do. have a giveaway for a group of 8 students to get one of these trips for free (it's $200 per person = $1600). make them purchase programs in groups of 8 in order to win and announce the winners in the 4th quarter and make all students be present to win. that would sell programs and make people get their friends to come with them if they want to go skiing together. i guess the fear would be a possible lawsuit if a student gets injured on the trip, but they can work that out.

I disagree. The biggest promotion should be saved for Homecoming. Unfortunately, Homecoming is extremely late this year. Oftentimes, students attend Homecoming games because it's just the thing to do, or they know one of the Homecoming court nominees. Then, they end up having so much fun that they attend games for the rest of the season. Thanks to rescheduling this year, that won't be the case, but we still need a good crowd for Homecoming.

I think a fun promotion for students would be to continue that "Fan of the Game" thing. Although I think it would be cool to not only put them on TV, but maybe to let them go to the press box for a quarter and watch the game. Or let them jump up and down on the sidelines to get the crowds pumped up. I was very disappointed with our "fans of the game" at the Tusla game. How can you be a fan of the game if you're not even wearing a green shirt?!?!?!

My wife can not make it but one of my sons is inand can go with me. I look for 10-12000 due to the record, time, days, etc. A big push in the community and campus could put this over the hump.

Lots of people can make it to a week day Ranger, Stars, Maverick or even Monday Cowboy game. They should be able to get to Denton. Those who can not get off early can come in late.

This is a conference game and one we really really need to win and the crowd can make a big difference.

Same place as always--sitting in the row in front of Mr. and Mrs. meanjoe. smile.gif

Anyone who can make this weeknight game should try. We need to show support for our alma mater's football team, but we also need to set some visible examples for yet another record-breaking NT freshmen class and for those who were freshmen last year and for those who were freshmen the year before that on and on all the way to your class. They are listening and watching to all that we say and do. blink.gif

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen