Chrisdon Morgan

11 minutes ago, Andrew said:

I figure he and Dixon transfer and Allen graduates. The rest should stay. We replace those with two solid big transfers from the portal and then pick up a younger combo guard. 

Don't think the current scholarship count will allow 3 additional pieces. 

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, Cooley said:

Don't think the current scholarship count will allow 3 additional pieces. 

That would be 10 returning: Buggs, Scott, Edwards, Moore, Cotton, Walker, Sissoko, Jones, Noland, and Stone

Plus 2 high schoolers signed

That leaves only one ship open, of course that could and probably will change.  NT obviously has to find a big to replace Allen. 

This assumes Jones has another year of eligibility and NT doesn't lose players to the portal or encourage players to find another home. 

I would not be surprised to see Moore, Stone, and Cotton move on to places that they may play significantly more.  I am not sure what the transfer rules are now, but I can see a lot of teams looking for offense to go after Edwards and Buggs. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I wish him the best, and hope he finds a place that he can flourish. I would not be surprised to see Moore go the same way, he did not get any playtime even when two starters were out. Stone also didn't see any playtime at the end of the year, so I wonder if he moves on as well.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Green Otaku said:

I wish him the best, and hope he finds a place that he can flourish. I would not be surprised to see Moore go the same way, he did not get any playtime even when two starters were out. Stone also didn't see any playtime at the end of the year, so I wonder if he moves on as well.

I think Moore will leave and maybe Cotton.  Both of the HS recruits we are bring in are guards and one is a point guard. If Jones, McCollum and Edwards stay, they won't have many extra minutes at the guard spots. 

• Upvote 1

I hope Jones returns.

I think we will have Edwards, Buggs, Noland, Walker, Scott and Sissoko returning for sure.

I expect Cotton to return and be joined by the incoming duo of Taylor and Mason.

Stone is a toss-up to me but could provide valuable depth.

If the above occurs, that leaves us with three four spots to fill.  My wish list would be a true center, a PF and a "combo" F similar to Allen...and a shooting guard.

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Oh Boy! 1

23 hours ago, Shark84 said:

I think Moore will leave and maybe Cotton.  Both of the HS recruits we are bring in are guards and one is a point guard. If Jones, McCollum and Edwards stay, they won't have many extra minutes at the guard spots. 

Well Edwards is out. Cotton redshirted so I can see him staying around this year to see if he can fit into the team.

22 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

I hope Jones returns.

I think we will have Edwards, Buggs, Noland, Walker, Scott and Sissoko returning for sure.

I expect Cotton to return and be joined by the incoming duo of Taylor and Mason.

Stone is a toss-up to me but could provide valuable depth.

If the above occurs, that leaves us with three spots to fill.  My wish list would be a true center, a PF and a "combo" F similar to Allen.

A true center is the top of my wishlist too. 6-11 or 7ft, just so we can see for once what someone with that size can do on this team.

• Upvote 3

7 hours ago, Green Otaku said:

A true center is the top of my wishlist too. 6-11 or 7ft, just so we can see for once what someone with that size can do on this team.

Maybe with Dusty leaving Goldin might wanna try something new....

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2
  • Downvote 1

On 3/27/2024 at 1:07 PM, UNTLifer said:

I will not poke fun at you saying you think Edwards will return like an hour before it dropped he was leaving lol, but I am cautiously optimistic about most of the others.

Similar to Chandler Rogers, I did not see Jason really publicly engaging with Mean Green nation on social media. Meanwhile Rubin's mom and Aaron's HAVE been, and now even CJ's mom and Cotton's mom, have been big, noticeable parts of UNT Twitter. I feel like they are truly part of the Mean Green family, as much as one can be in the days of the portal and NIL.

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, BigWillie said:

Maybe with Dusty leaving Goldin might wanna try something new....

2 hours ago, Big Z said:

He’s going with Dusty 

What Z said. And if for some reason he wasn't he'd have a long line of big name suitors with deep NIL pockets.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Matt from A700 said:

I will not poke fun at you saying you think Edwards will return like an hour before it dropped he was leaving lol,

You can as it would be warranted.  

I Dont Know What To Do No Idea GIF by TrueReal

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Matt from A700 said:

I will not poke fun at you saying you think Edwards will return like an hour before it dropped he was leaving lol, but I am cautiously optimistic about most of the others.

Similar to Chandler Rogers, I did not see Jason really publicly engaging with Mean Green nation on social media. Meanwhile Rubin's mom and Aaron's HAVE been, and now even CJ's mom and Cotton's mom, have been big, noticeable parts of UNT Twitter. I feel like they are truly part of the Mean Green family, as much as one can be in the days of the portal and NIL.

It's sad we have to rely on social media response to judge a player's buy-in to our program.  No loyalty to school anymore, only to $$ for many players.  I hate NIL and the Portal!

• Upvote 5
  • Eye Roll 1