Tylor Perry says goodbye

1 hour ago, Cr1028 said:

You think he is heartbroken or feels a little better today? Maybe he is laughing at your puffed up chest from yesterday.

I think he would be sad for his former players if he is the guy I think he is.  

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Andrew said:

He already showed who he was running tail out of town then ending up in the NIT and losing before UNT. It’s all about me me me….

So, you're saying that if somebody offered you a quarter million dollars to cheer for Oklahoma this year instead of North Texas that you would turn it down? If you, a dedicated supporter can be bought, then how can you expect a player to not take advantage of that offer.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

31 minutes ago, ADLER said:

So, you're saying that if somebody offered you a quarter million dollars to cheer for Oklahoma this year instead of North Texas that you would turn it down? If you, a dedicated supporter can be bought, then how can you expect a player to not take advantage of that offer.

How much NIL would he have made if he would have stayed at NT another year?  I'm sure it wouldn't have been a quarter million dollars, but I'm sure it wouldn't have been nothing, either.

• Upvote 2

On 3/23/2024 at 9:40 PM, meangreenfaninno said:

I agree.  But on the other hand it is just a microcosm of society.

Society has been pressured since 2020 to make a lot of incredibly stupid decisions.

*** and there's at least 6 people on this board that love the stupid decisions agenda ***

Edited by ADLER
  • Upvote 3
  • Confused 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 6

22 hours ago, Mean Green 93-98 said:

How much NIL would he have made if he would have stayed at NT another year?  I'm sure it wouldn't have been a quarter million dollars, but I'm sure it wouldn't have been nothing, either.

I heard he we had $150k for him to stay.  I think that was the amount, but don’t hold me to it. I was shocked when I heard the amount. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

Does it suck he didn't stay? Yes.

But he should always be remembered for the NIT championship, CUSA championship, CUSA player of the year and NIT Most Outstanding Player honors. He scored over 1,000 points in 67 games and the team went 56-14 in his two seasons in Denton.

We need more players like that even if they eventually get lured away by deep-pocketed rat bastards higher than us in the food chain.

• Upvote 4

14 hours ago, rcade said:

We need more players like that even if they eventually get lured away by deep-pocketed rat bastards higher than us in the food chain.

I feel like you underestimate the damage losing a star player does to a fanbase like ours.  And Tyler wanted to be at UNT his whole life!

• Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

18 minutes ago, cousin oliver said:

I feel like you underestimate the damage losing a star player does to a fanbase like ours.  And Tyler wanted to be at UNT his whole life!

I don't underestimate it. I just accept that it is the way things are until somebody figures out how to bring more order to the chaos.

Bigger schools damage us. We damage smaller schools.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, rcade said:

I don't underestimate it. I just accept that it is the way things are until somebody figures out how to bring more order to the chaos.

Bigger schools damage us. We damage smaller schools.

It works both ways. 

I bet OU wasn't too happy to lose one of their brighter young guys last year in Noland (a guy who started 8 games for them as a sophomore).  But Noland wanted more run, and he found that here.  I'm glad he did.
I bet OleMiss wasn't too happy to lose Allen (a 13-game starter last year), but I'm thankful they did.

It's just a part of the game you have to play.   Recruiting is a different animal now.

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Downvote 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

On 3/25/2024 at 10:44 AM, MeanGreenTexan said:

It works both ways. 

I bet OU wasn't too happy to lose one of their brighter young guys last year in Noland (a guy who started 8 games for them as a sophomore).  But Noland wanted more run, and he found that here.  I'm glad he did.
I bet OleMiss wasn't too happy to lose Allen (a 13-game starter last year), but I'm thankful they did.

It's just a part of the game you have to play.   Recruiting is a different animal now.

OU and Mississippi, both may have pushed these players out the door.  They very well could have thought they were better off with the opportunity to recruit their replacements than keeping these players. 

This is not a NIL issue, decades ago it was common practice for the better teams to dump their bench players and add more potential stars.  If a player did not substantially contribute, they were usually gone.  

Edited by GrandGreen
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 2

On 3/25/2024 at 10:44 AM, MeanGreenTexan said:

It works both ways. 

Exactly. No loyalty so difficult for fans to care. Outside of Rubin and Scott there really isn’t a player last season to root for. Just a bunch of guys looking out for them s else trying to do whatever they believe is best for them instead of a school or a team or a family. I’m ten years these people will be out working and jumping job to job or family to family. The world is going to be in for some hurt. Maybe a class on settling or being content should be mandatory for all college freshman. Might have even benefited us. 🤣

• Confused 1
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Puking Eagle 1

22 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Exactly. No loyalty so difficult for fans to care. Outside of Rubin and Scott there really isn’t a player last season to root for. Just a bunch of guys looking out for them s else trying to do whatever they believe is best for them instead of a school or a team or a family. I’m ten years these people will be out working and jumping job to job or family to family. The world is going to be in for some hurt. Maybe a class on settling or being content should be mandatory for all college freshman. Might have even benefited us. 🤣

A class for settling? That's wild. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

On 3/27/2024 at 5:32 PM, GrandGreen said:

OU and Mississippi, both may have pushed these players out the door.  They very well could have thought they were better off with the opportunity to recruit their replacements than keeping these players. 

This is not a NIL issue, decades ago it was common practice for the better teams to dump their bench players and add more potential stars.  If a player did not substantially contribute, they were usually gone.  

HIIIIIIIIGHLY doubtful.   

Dudes that get "pushed out" are the ones who aren't contributing (See Morgan and Moore for us recently),  not dudes who are starting games for you.  That would be like Hodge pushing Stone or Walker out over guys like Moore/Morgan.

I’ll say this about Perry, at least he took the time to thank the fans and the school. I can think of some recent players that spent more time here that just walked out the door without saying a word. 

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, Andrew said:

Come on Andrew.  A mindset that doesn’t question things, never wants for more? That’s a recipe for really awful things. On an individual and societal level.

you are on your own, unique hill when it comes to loyalty, but this is just wrong.

49 minutes ago, greenminer said:

Come on Andrew.  A mindset that doesn’t question things, never wants for more? That’s a recipe for really awful things. On an individual and societal level.

you are on your own, unique hill when it comes to loyalty, but this is just wrong.

It’s something everyone struggled with. Lack of contentment breeds anger, hate, greed, corruption and more. 

Nobody said don’t question things…. Blind loyalty isn’t great either….. Clearly the entire transfer portal and the way college athletics is run should be questioned. Wanting for more is human nature and not innately wrong. However it seems people question the wrong things. Blinded by their own desires and wants they ignore what’s best. The irony of all of this coming out of college is a bit humorous  and sad. 

• Upvote 1

On 4/1/2024 at 12:02 PM, MeanGreenTexan said:

HIIIIIIIIGHLY doubtful.   

Dudes that get "pushed out" are the ones who aren't contributing (See Morgan and Moore for us recently),  not dudes who are starting games for you.  That would be like Hodge pushing Stone or Walker out over guys like Moore/Morgan.

Apparently you  believe these players were starting for OU and Ole Miss and just couldn't resist the opportunity to play at NT. 

I am glad they played at NT, but they came to NT to get a much better opportunity to see the court than they were likely to at OU and Ole Miss.  

Miss. brought in two 7 footers the year Hill left, one being Sharp 7'6 from old rival WKU.  So I doubt he envisioned a lot of playing time there.  Noland started the first 8 games in his last year at OU, but got little play after that and averaged 3.2 pts and 1.3 rbs there.