LSU (3/19/24)

1 hour ago, Green Otaku said:

You're missing the point that the Pit would remain, and could be used for whatever university events they wanted to while a new arena would have the freedom to heavily prioritize men and women's basketball.

Just curious if anyone from the university posts on here and could enlighten us on what is actually scheduled at the Super Pit over the weekend.    Anyone know?

• Upvote 3

Posted (edited)

Quite a few schools (I'm assuming even those where athletics owns the facility) rent out their basketball arenas in the offseason.  I feel like almost every year prior to this one, one of the preferred NIT seeds had to go on the road because their gym was set aside for something else.  Last year Oklahoma State (1 seed) had to play on the road in their opening game.

Edited by CMJ
  • Upvote 2

15 hours ago, Glory to the Green said:

Was just about to post this. Pretty solid post by Kennedy. 

UAB/UNT basketball has a great deal of respect for each other. Makes our battles so enjoyable. I hope AK sticks around bc they make us and the conference better. 

• Upvote 7

1 hour ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Just curious if anyone from the university posts on here and could enlighten us on what is actually scheduled at the Super Pit over the weekend.    Anyone know?

I would venture there are several people who are asking the same question.

I always thought the main function of "The Super Pit" was Basketball. Guess I was wrong. But you would THINK that after the last couple of years the Administration or whoever runs the facility would blank out the last week or two after BB season in case of post season play. But once again I'm wrong.

• Upvote 3

Back on topic, looking at the box score, this is the type of game where Scott shines.  He quietly put together an excellent game of 14 points, 7 rebounds, 0 fouls and only 1 TO while helping bring the ball up against the press and playing really good defense.  He shines when he isn't the "alpha dog", and we aren't running isolations for him on the offensive end.  He contributes in the natural flow of the game and his length and athletic ability help in so many unappreciated ways.

Let CJ, Rubin and Jason handle the majority of the scoring, get Buggs going from 3 early and let Scott and Allen do their thing.  Also, Sissoko also looked much better.  Still needs to be more aggressive on the offensive boards when going up for a shot, but his hustle play that led to a Jones basket, rebounding and defense were much better last night.

• Upvote 4

On 3/17/2024 at 9:48 PM, ADLER said:

LSU tickets are being sold as General Admission for $20 each.

Attendance only 2,210. Fans on LSU board not happy. They blame LSU having home baseball game at same time. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • Eye Roll 2

On 3/20/2024 at 2:58 PM, RBP79 said:

I would venture there are several people who are asking the same question.

I always thought the main function of "The Super Pit" was Basketball. Guess I was wrong. But you would THINK that after the last couple of years the Administration or whoever runs the facility would blank out the last week or two after BB season in case of post season play. But once again I'm wrong.

Dance competition

• Haha 1
  • Oh Boy! 1

On 3/20/2024 at 12:17 PM, Green Otaku said:

Opinion, but there is no other reason why we have seen the disproportionate amount of black compared to the other away jerseys.

Here's the breakdown for this year:

Black: 10

Green: 6

Grey: 4

Weirdly we wore the grey 3 times at home this year, and green would be 1 lower if we didn't wear them at home vs. SMU when we played them at home.

Yikes, that is a terrible ratio when "Green" is in our name.

• Upvote 2

On 3/22/2024 at 5:12 PM, UNTLifer said:

Move that to the PEB, Murchison or Auditorium Bldg.

I think it is one of those where there are thousands upon thousands of 6-18 year old teams competing all day everyday and need the size of the Pit to host it.  I could be wrong but I believe that is what was going on to prevent the possibility.

• Upvote 1