NCAA tournament/NIT selection show TV info

1 hour ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

Charlotte, 19-12 (13-5), didn't get a NIT invite and we, 18-14 (10-8), did? 

I feel like Charlotte (and USF) benefited from an easier conference schedule than  the other top 7 teams.   I could be wrong because I didn’t bother looking up their schedule, but I don’t recall them playing FAU, Memphis, SMU, UAB, or UNT twice and I think most of the teams I listed played each other twice.  

That being said, I was a little surprised they didn’t get in.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

Charlotte, 19-12 (13-5), didn't get a NIT invite and we, 18-14 (10-8), did? 

Charlotte can go defend their CBI title and leave the other tournaments to teams that play more competitive schedules.

Our net was 79 and Charlotte had a net of 114.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Matchbox said:

I read that teams 17-32 are unseeded and placed against a seeded team near to their regional interest. 

I believe that to be true but it sucks LSU is on a weekday, and they're the only driveable team in our quadrant. Aside from UNLV we're playing in a Yankee region.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Matt from A700 said:

Charlotte didn't get a CBI invite either. Or didn't want to pay to play.

CBI could only fill 15 of 16 slots and that included 5 teams with losing records (Including 12-18 Chicago State). 

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 2
  • Oh Boy! 1

2 minutes ago, MCMLXXX said:

CBI could only fill 15 of 16 slots and that included 5 teams with losing records (Including 12-18 Chicago State). 

I didn't even catch that. Wow.

But apparently the CollegeInsiders.com Tournament is a thing again. I don't think they've released their teams either. That's supposed to be a 16-team tournament.

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

13 hours ago, Matt from A700 said:

But apparently the CollegeInsiders.com Tournament is a thing again. I don't think they've released their teams either. That's supposed to be a 16-team tournament.

Thye only have nine teams and 4 are from Texas. Featuring Johnny Jones (Texas Southern) vs. Billy Clyde Gillespie (Tarleton State).

19 minutes ago, Jason Howeth said:

Ya know what no one is going to remember 5 years from now? The teams that opted out. They'll remember the champion, and maybe the ones that were selected (if they look it up). Ain't nobody gonna go looking for why UNT ended up getting to the NIT after having the NET that we do, and winning it the previous year and think, "huh, I guess those 'bigger' programs just didn't care..."

This times 100!

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Jason Howeth said:

Ya know what no one is going to remember 5 years from now? The teams that opted out. They'll remember the champion, and maybe the ones that were selected (if they look it up). Ain't nobody gonna go looking for why UNT ended up getting to the NIT after having the NET that we do, and winning it the previous year and think, "huh, I guess those 'bigger' programs just didn't care..."

Look at my statement again, I never mentioned UNT, I said "openings" as in plurals. It would be great if we won the NIT, but 5 years from now, people around the country won't remember who won the Super Bowl last year. 

• Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 2