Kratch that, we need a new LB Coach

jtm0097

16 hours ago, Big Z said:

The ship already sunk….where have you been lately?

Honestly and no sarcasm here at all.  I love the fact that a 5-7 record with most losses by less than 7 points means the ship has sunk.  

As a former coach once told me, “I’ll never apologize for having high expectations.”

18 hours ago, NT93 said:

The ship is sinking because our LB coach is taking the same job at Iowa St?  I didn’t realize the LB coach was such a valuable commodity.

In any business if you hire the right person they are going to get what they consider to be better job opportunities. However if you have personnel who have hit a ceiling in your organization and seem stuck then you might have a problem. People moving up should not be a concern.

45 minutes ago, Glory to the Green said:

It does feel a little strange, but going from AAC to a Big 12 is a step up. IIRC, he wasn’t a coach at Iowa St.   Wish he stuck around for continuity.  Interested to see who we bring in. 

He's wishing a friend good luck. You never told someone that you work with that left for another job that you wish them luck?

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

He's wishing a friend good luck. You never told someone that you work with that left for another job that you wish them luck?

yeah, to them directly. Not quite the same as going public with triple fire emojis and “MAKING MOVES” when the guy is moving to a marginally more successful competitor. Not a big deal. Just weird…. But I don’t pretend to fully grasp the whole Coach O social media aura 

• Upvote 3

33 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

Of course I would wish them well.  This felt a bit different. Not trashing on anyone and I’m not saying a move to a Big 12 position isn’t a big deal for Kratch. I wish him well, too. 

2 hours ago, CaribbeanGreen said:

yeah, to them directly. Not quite the same as going public with triple fire emojis and “MAKING MOVES” when the guy is moving to a marginally more successful competitor. Not a big deal. Just weird…. But I don’t pretend to fully grasp the whole Coach O social media aura 

I agree here. 
When you're trying to recruit for one school, your entire presence (especially, in coach O's case, the social media presence that makes you) should make it seem like that school is the only school that matters & it cannot get any better than it is here.
Your social media presence should not indicate that going from UNT to IASt is a " 🔥 🔥 move".   Because football players all over DFW see this sentiment (whether NT is recruiting them or not)... that's how big Coach O's Social Media presence is.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

I understand Kratch leaving is a continuity issue, but will he really be missed? He was a first time coach here and our LBs were not exactly a strength here. They seemed too slow to me, seemed to have trouble diagnosing plays, and couldn't shed blocks. That's just me. We were last in defense in all of FBS so is this really a big loss? I am no football guru, but this just doesn't seem that bad to me.

• Upvote 3