SMU (1/25/24)

CMJ

I think the 16 assists on 25 made FGs tonight is my favorite stat of the night...that's with a couple direct breakaway buckets. Ruben was a part of that, but man CJ was good on the ball tonight. 

Walker and Allen can split the game ball for me...Allen with a double-double and Walker was everywhere and seemed to relish the challenge of guarding Phelps. 

Edwards has the memory of a goldfish...big part of what makes him great. 

guess Buggs just needed a shoulder realignment. massive game from him. 

• Upvote 8
  • Downvote 3

1 minute ago, NT80 said:

How many stopped breathing at the end of game when $mut launched that 3-ball?   Shouldn't have been that close.  More free throw practice for everyone tomorrow!!

For sure. Should have been a 10 point win but considering what they battled through this game, it's an incredible win. My Mavs would do well to watch North Texas to get a lesson on mental fortitude and fighting as a team.

• Upvote 3
  • Lovely Take 1

1 minute ago, GMG_Dallas said:

For sure. Should have been a 10 point win but considering what they battled through this game, it's an incredible win. My Mavs would do well to watch North Texas to get a lesson on mental fortitude and fighting as a team.

I haven’t looked at the stats relative to other schools over the course of the last six or seven years, but missing free throws has been such a shocking frustration for an otherwise comepletely discipline team.  My expectations from the strip always seem too high I guess but we would really do well to build a better culture around FTs.  I do know we’ve been solid at times but we can be better. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, CMJ said:

Eight of nineteen from the charity stripe isn't gonna get it done - but it's also very out of character for us.  The fact that we won despite that is super impressive.

true. but the fact that Allen was our volume shooter from the line makes me worry about the overall line a bit less. 

• Upvote 2
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Downvote 1