Charlotte (1/20/24)

CMJ

1 minute ago, Venson said:

For people who know more about basketball than me, how bad will this loss be as far as rankings considering we are down two starters?

They don’t consider having starters out. Loss is a loss. It all depends on the quality of team you play

Just now, Green Lantern said:

Credit Charlotte. They’re defending hard, hustling for the loose balls, and hitting key open shots. Meanwhile we can’t hit the broadside of a barn.

If we can always chuckle when an opponents message board can’t understand how they only scored 52 points against us, it’s definitely fair play to tip the cap to the defensive effort played against us. 

but this offense helped their defense bunches

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, Censored by Laurie said:

If we can always chuckle when an opponents message board can’t understand how they only scored 52 points against us, it’s definitely fair play to tip the cap to the defensive effort played against us. 

They had stretches of good defense but didn’t do so much to cause us to shoot 1-17 from 3. That’s all us. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Censored by Laurie said:

Totally agree. Our offense has been putrid. It’s not like all those missed 3’s on our end have been contested. Some truly horrible shooting.

That said, Charlotte has thoroughly kicked our ass today. We deserve to get beat. Very poor effort.

• Upvote 1
  • Ray 1

I don’t get the “we look tired” comments. The effort is there we just hitting our shots and we aren’t giving any credit to Charlotte’s defense. We aren’t hitting anything and they are. That is the difference, period. 

Also, the comments that Charlotte isn’t good are ridiculous. As noted, they beat FAU. Patterson is tough. Wish Noland, who has the same body type, played with that offensive confidence today. 

Teams have off games for whatever reason. Sadly, it looks like today is our off day. 

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Happens when you play the same guys 90% of the game sadly 😞

My thoughts exactly. I thought our guys looked and played tired.

Plus, the Charlotte uniforms are the most god-awful I've ever seen.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Green Lantern said:

Just hate that we can’t handle prosperity. Truly the North Texas way. Spit the bit right before a huge showdown with SMU at home.

This notion that the team needs to win every game to earn support has to die. Nothing today should deter people from packing the pit on Thursday. Your team is still 4-1 while missing 2 starters. 

• Upvote 6