Pushing student attendance record

I have to say I am a bit surprised that's the record.  I would have thought more than that for the Texas Tech game in 2010 for example.  I came back for that game and I remember a ton of students were there.

• Upvote 3

31 minutes ago, CMJ said:

I have to say I am a bit surprised that's the record.  I would have thought more than that for the Texas Tech game in 2010 for example.  I came back for that game and I remember a ton of students were there.

There were a lot of Tech fans weren’t there? The Oklahoma state game was the most I remember as our season ticket was used since I was a student and we had to sit up by the stats sign in the upper corner. Idk what the numbers were but it was high. 

37 minutes ago, CMJ said:

Could also be a data issue where they didn’t differentiate paid vs student ticketing up to a certain point. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

14 minutes ago, Andrew said:

There were a lot of Tech fans weren’t there? The Oklahoma state game was the most I remember as our season ticket was used since I was a student and we had to sit up by the stats sign in the upper corner. Idk what the numbers were but it was high. 

There were OSU fans in 2007 than there were Tech fans in 2010.  I was at both and remember them well.  The crowd split for OSU was like 65/35 us.  Against Tech is was more like 75/25.

Plus there were more people total in 2010.

Edited by CMJ
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Eye Roll 1

47 minutes ago, RiseUNT said:

From 2004 to 2008 I just flashed my id and got in. 

Yeah they rallied them. You use to be able to show your ID and get marked down to get in. Now they make you get tickets before 😕 

They would come clear out the rec to try to get everyone to walk over. 

• Upvote 1

Never missed a home basketball game as a student (1975-1978). Don't ever recall a game with less than 2,000 students in attendance. Largest, of course, was 10,500 total attendance (Jan. 21, 1977) against the Ira Terrell lead SMU Mustangs. (103-99 NTSU victory. Someone need to correct this misprint.   

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

I was a junior when we played OSU and we were going crazy in the student section. We even brought red solo cups to mock one of the OSU players who got in trouble a week before with a DWI. 

Then, we won and got to rush the court! 

• Upvote 2