It's Starting ......

El Paso Eagle

3 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

I thought this was the "Dead Period".

The dead period is a time when college coaches can't have in-person contact with prospective student-athletes. However, coaches can still communicate with recruits by phone, text, direct message, or email 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Pissed 3

1 minute ago, GMoney said:

Recruits need to remember this period.  If they haven't offered you yet, you weren't a priority and you probably never will be.

Unfortunately they don't seem to care. I wish I could count the number of commits we lost to some random P5 who offered at the last minute. 

They see P5, they think NFL. 

• Upvote 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

1 hour ago, El Paso Eagle said:

The dead period is a time when college coaches can't have in-person contact with prospective student-athletes. However, coaches can still communicate with recruits by phone, text, direct message, or email 

Thank you for the clarification.  So, it essentially should be called the "Kind of Dead" period.

image.png.eba0b4158e9582b7c515d5b621b3e9ff.png

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Thank you for the clarification.  So, it essentially should be called the "Kind of Dead" period.

image.png.eba0b4158e9582b7c515d5b621b3e9ff.png

Just as with tampering P5 schools would not let anything like a dead period get in their way anyway. They have been emboldened by the NCAA to cheat all they want to and not worry about any repercussions

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, El Paso Eagle said:

They have been emboldened by the NCAA to cheat all they want to and not worry about any repercussions

You do realize the NCAA takes their marching orders from the schools, right? Honestly, I blame the non-power schools for not pushing back against the power schools along the way. The current state of college football is not the fault of the NCAA.

• Upvote 5
  • Confused 1
  • Eye Roll 1