Transfer Portal Signee Thread

GMG24

20 minutes ago, greensleeves said:

I know it's not sexy, but we're gonna need a kicker.  A good one.

We do have a 5-star kicker commit from Flower Mound named Miguel Arenas. I don’t believe he signed today, but I also don’t know how that works with kickers (not sure if he was offered a scholarship seeing as kickers/punters don’t get those until they prove themselves)

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, Jdawg48 said:

Another beast of a back! Dude was rated a 4 star out of HS and was a top 15 back in the nation back then! 

Offense is looking scary. Can you imagine if we also bring in a stud transfer QB?

Patience.  Trust them, they got some left I wouldn't be surprised if you see 2 and maybe a couple DL (I'm not sure how many we have left haven't done the math yet and don't know who is on scholly currently on roster)

• Upvote 2

Just now, GMG24 said:

Patience.  Trust them, they got some left I wouldn't be surprised if you see 2 and maybe a couple DL (I'm not sure how many we have left haven't done the math yet and don't know who is on scholly currently on roster)

Oh I trust them haha. I believe Morris said they had 5 at the time of the press conference yesterday. So maybe 3 or 4 left?

29 minutes ago, GMG24 said:

In his comments yesterday, I believe Morris said there were 5 or 6 scholarships left. Of course, if we get a late hit, they will find a way to make another available. 

1 minute ago, El Paso Eagle said:

In his comments yesterday, I believe Morris said there were 5 or 6 scholarships left. Of course, if we get a late hit, they will find a way to make another available. 

That's also not counting them asking non-contributors to find other opportunities post spring 

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, GMG24 said:

Two DL’s, a LB, and a QB to round out this class would be a fantastic start to my Christmas!  GMG!

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, emmitt01 said:

A stellar pickup, if he sees the field consistently.   

He separated from the LSU three times during his career for different reasons.  

I think Coach Gilbert will be a little more important than Coach Cobbs with Bradford.  This is his guy. 

I think having a man who was a guiding light for him while in HS back in his life will be a good thing for all involved (bad for opposing defenses though).

• Upvote 2

• 3 months later...
On 4/20/2024 at 3:24 PM, jtm0097 said:

Im Out GIF

I am confused.  I did not make any spring practices and was too busy trying to look up new players during the scrimmage to really be able to watch OL play specifically.

27 minutes ago, GMG24 said:

I am confused.  I did not make any spring practices and was too busy trying to look up new players during the scrimmage to really be able to watch OL play specifically.

Unfortunately, it was a busy spring (work and other activities) so I don't know what the deal is either. He seemed like a highly sought after OL. Hopefully he has a change of heart.

• Puking Eagle 1

54 minutes ago, jtm0097 said:

Unfortunately, it was a busy spring (work and other activities) so I don't know what the deal is either. He seemed like a highly sought after OL. Hopefully he has a change of heart.

Hmmm That is interesting.  I wasn't aware he entered.  Must have seen the writing on the wall that he wouldn't be able to play here... Very weird.  

• Upvote 2