North Texas Portal Entry Thread

TheReal_jayD

7 minutes ago, GoGreenBeans said:

Rodgers was great, but it seems clear that UNT was always going to be his stepping stool. Hasn’t posted any thank you to UNT, just his transfer announcement and his highlights. Maybe I’m just reading into it too much, but doesn’t seem like he bought in to UNT 

His words at the end of the year and actions since then are contradictory at best.

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1

2 hours ago, GoGreenBeans said:

Rodgers was great, but it seems clear that UNT was always going to be his stepping stool. Hasn’t posted any thank you to UNT, just his transfer announcement and his highlights. Maybe I’m just reading into it too much, but doesn’t seem like he bought in to UNT 

He still is great, just trying to work his way back from that achilles injury.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, MeanGreenZen said:

He failed to leave a legacy here. If he had stayed, won a conference or a bowl game then he would be a program legend. 
We will see what happens to him at Cal.

Well he moved to the ACC and will be appropriately compensated. He did a great job for North Texas and I hope he continues his success at Cal.

• Upvote 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 4
  • Puking Eagle 1

22 minutes ago, wardly said:

I hope he continues his success at Cal.

I just don't care whether he does or not.  I don't blame him for taking the bucketload of cash that is surely coming his way.  But his actions plainly say he doesn't care about North Texas any more than he cared about ULM, so I'm not sure why I should care about him.

• Upvote 8
  • Sad 1
  • Downvote 1

8 minutes ago, MeanGreenZen said:

If Cal is so great, why did they get left behind in the PAC-12?
And why did they have to accept a 30% share to join the ACC? 
I thought Rogers would land somewhere decent like Miami or Nebraska. 
Cal is a broke school too. Can’t imagine they gave him much of an NIL deal. 

Miami and Nebraska are landing bigger fish apparently. Have seen reports that those schools are projected some big name QBs. Miami connected to Cam Ward. Nebraska connected to Kyle McCord and even 2024 5 Star QB Dylan Raiola. With so many names in the portal, and big named recruits too, maybe Rogers had to act quick on an opening. 

22 minutes ago, GoGreenBeans said:

Miami and Nebraska are landing bigger fish apparently. Have seen reports that those schools are projected some big name QBs. Miami connected to Cam Ward. Nebraska connected to Kyle McCord and even 2024 5 Star QB Dylan Raiola. With so many names in the portal, and big named recruits too, maybe Rogers had to act quick on an opening. 

And he only gets the bag if he commits quickly. Cal's offensive system isn't nearly as QB friendly as ours. Hope the money was worth it. Not like Rogers going to get a shot in the NFL anyway at this point, especially leaving us, a system that highlights his talents. Hope his career aspirations in football go down the GD gutter. Bloesh is a douchebaging moron. He knows how to coach a decent line and that's about it.

• Upvote 3
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Downvote 2

4 hours ago, Mean Green 93-98 said:

I just don't care whether he does or not.  I don't blame him for taking the bucketload of cash that is surely coming his way.  But his actions plainly say he doesn't care about North Texas any more than he cared about ULM, so I'm not sure why I should care about him.

Now that he is in the ACC, if he leads Cal to a win (or wins) over SMU many on this board will forgive that indifference and want to put him in our HOF.

• Haha 3
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Puking Eagle 2

10 hours ago, Mean Green 93-98 said:

Because he was setting the world on fire at ACU, and can go rejoin his brothers in arms and pick up where he left off.  Not that tough to understand for someone who has ever played football at any level.

So he is going back to ACU. First time I have heard of a transfer returning to the school he was originally at.

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, MCMLXXX said:

Now that he is in the ACC, if he leads Cal to a win (or wins) over SMU many on this board will forgive that indifference and want to put him in our HOF.

Leaving as a grad transfer is one thing. But if you have eligibility left and you transfer out as an undergraduate you should absolutely never be considered for the Hall of Fame

• Upvote 5