Omaha (11/11/23)

CMJ

I hope we will be able to get some extended playing time for our bench guys to see what they have. I was hoping Morgan would take the next step and be able to give us some minutes against bigger front lines. He sure looks the part. Also, would like to see Moore some. He impressed me in the few minutes he got last year. Not sure what to think about our other JC transfer Terrance Johnson and the freshman Cotton.  They may be projects and need time to develop. Last night looked a lot like last year. We have a set rotation in the first half, but it is only 8 players. I don't think Stone saw the floor in the second half, so we played with 7. Allen was playing great, so Sissoko didn't play in OT. Thought we looked gassed at the end of regulation. I think playing faster on offense is going to require more than 8 in the rotation, but I trust in Hodge! Go Mean Green!

• Upvote 4
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Shark84 said:

I hope we will be able to get some extended playing time for our bench guys to see what they have. I was hoping Morgan would take the next step and be able to give us some minutes against bigger front lines. He sure looks the part. Also, would like to see Moore some. He impressed me in the few minutes he got last year. Not sure what to think about our other JC transfer Terrance Johnson and the freshman Cotton.  They may be projects and need time to develop. Last night looked a lot like last year. We have a set rotation in the first half, but it is only 8 players. I don't think Stone saw the floor in the second half, so we played with 7. Allen was playing great, so Sissoko didn't play in OT. Thought we looked gassed at the end of regulation. I think playing faster on offense is going to require more than 8 in the rotation, but I trust in Hodge! Go Mean Green!

Agree.  We looked tired at the end of regulation.  Got a couple guys banged up too during the game, taking elbows, or hitting the floor after fouls.  Injuries = subs.  We may need more depth than just 7 guys.

• Upvote 3

17 hours ago, Shark84 said:

I don't mean to just pick on you specifically, but I swear this is already the 4th or 5th time it's happened here this season...his name is Terrance Dixon. it seems like such a small ask to get our players' names right.

to the point, I think we determined that Dixon is a walk-on...he's got some solid measurables (6'8", 235lb)...would be a bonus if he contributes, but probably shouldn't be an expectation. 

Cotton and Moore are the two I'm eager to see more. not holding out much hope for Morgan, though I would be thrilled to be wrong

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

36 minutes ago, Censored by Laurie said:

which is 100% normal. 

Absolutely!

My response was to to the poster that stated we looked tired at the end of regulation - which I agree. I was also agreeing to the statement that we need more depth than 7 guys. 

The poster (NT80) and you are both correct! However, it would be nice to have another trusted player in that situation. Hopefully one develops over the course of the season.

• Upvote 3