Omaha (11/11/23)

CMJ

3 minutes ago, HoosMeanGreen said:

Yahoo Sports - ESPN - Grandma’s scratch pad. Hoo cares. He’s shooting 28.6% after 2 games. That shooting percentage is even lower if you factor in the closed scrimmage and exhibition. But I repeat WE WANT HIM SHOOTING 45, 46, hell 90% if it keeps this train rolling! 

“Just win Baby!” - Al Davis 

I think his current struggles may be attributed to the increased effort on the defensive end. I just think he needs to adjust to playing hard on both ends of the court.  With no reservations, I believe he will become a weapon for us.  It’s still early. 

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, Glory to the Green said:

I think his current struggles may be attributed to the increased effort on the defensive end. I just think he needs to adjust to playing hard on both ends of the court.  With no reservations, I believe he will become a weapon for us.  It’s still early. 

Speaking of current struggles…he gave up back to back 3s vs UNI then a few plays later was taken baseline and dunked on. These plays came during UNIs comeback but missed by the viewing audience. SMH 

I understand how the fan favorite 🤩 is viewed. I am a fan that refuses to wear glasses with green lenses and view the game objectively and not emotionally.

It’s still early - GMG!!

• Upvote 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 2
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

5 hours ago, L Ron Studdard said:

Looking at ESPN, he was 34th nationally in 3PT% among qualifying players. In what universe is that not a great 3PT shooter?

5 hours ago, HoosMeanGreen said:

Yahoo Sports - ESPN - Grandma’s scratch pad. Hoo cares. He’s shooting 28.6% after 2 games. That shooting percentage is even lower if you factor in the closed scrimmage and exhibition. But I repeat WE WANT HIM SHOOTING 45, 46, hell 90% if it keeps this train rolling! 

“Just win Baby!” - Al Davis 

So when someone shows you with facts that he is a great shooter you just ignore it? Great argument there. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, HoosMeanGreen said:

Shows? Facts? You didn’t present any facts. Your “facts” differed from my “facts”. 🤣🤣🤣 Thus I allowed for the difference of “facts”. 

IMG_1837.png

Are you seriously that dense or just talking to talk? The question was: 

Fact: He was 34th nationally in 3pts LAST YEAR. That's a FACT. That's over a season, not two games. So tell me again why he isn't a great shooter? Because he's having lower stats in 2 games this year? Have you heard of a thing called sample size? 

Edited by Green Otaku
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

On 11/12/2023 at 11:43 PM, Green Otaku said:

Fact: He was 34th nationally in 3pts LAST YEAR. That's a FACT. That's over a season, not two games. So tell me again why he isn't a great shooter? Because he's having lower stats in 2 games this year? Have you heard of a thing called sample size? 

Just because you say it does not make it fact!  I tried to be nice, but you prefer to be a horses rear. So be it. Until you prove it - you are just talking to talk. And no - those 2022 stats are NOT the stats of a great shooter or are you so charged to be right that you don’t see them. Geez 🙄 Yahoo lists his 2022 stats and they are MEH! For comparison, Perry’s GREAT stats landed him at K-State and Bugg’s GREAT stats landed him at UNT. Mole hill meet Mountain!

Edited by Coach Andy Mac
  • Confused 4
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 7
  • Puking Eagle 2

I remember having this same discussion last year , it takes a new team a while to gel.  With the NIL it is causing the early upsets.  A lot the lower schools keep their team together while bigger schools do of transfers in and out and it takes awhile for them figure out each other in the early games.

• Upvote 3

41 minutes ago, Green Otaku said:

I guess the NCAA deals in fiction and not FACTS when it comes to their statistics. Say you are lazy without saying you are lazy. Too lazy to look it up vs arguing a lie. Someone posted that there is a lot of dumb on this board. They didn’t lie. A lot of dumb! 

IMG_1841.png

IMG_1842.png

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 2
  • Puking Eagle 1

21 minutes ago, HoosMeanGreen said:

Just because you say it does not make it fact! Are you really that stupid or just that dumb? I tried to be nice, but you prefer to be a horses rear. So be it. Until you prove it - you are just talking to talk. And no - those 2022 stats are NOT the stats of a great shooter or are you so charged to be right that you don’t see them. Geez 🙄 Yahoo lists his 2022 stats and they are MEH! For comparison, Perry’s GREAT stats landed him at K-State and Bugg’s GREAT stats landed him at UNT. Mole hill meet Mountain!

If you are going to be a troll at least be good at it. 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 2
  • Pissed 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

11 hours ago, HoosMeanGreen said:

I guess the NCAA deals in fiction and not FACTS when it comes to their statistics. Say you are lazy without saying you are lazy. Too lazy to look it up vs arguing a lie. Someone posted that there is a lot of dumb on this board. They didn’t lie. A lot of dumb! 

IMG_1841.png

IMG_1842.png

Don't know what to tell you.

Screenshot2023-11-13at9_27_11AM.png.101c596840b880c2d54fca07a7131f99.png

Now if the data on ESPN is wrong then that's my mistake for not double checking. I thought it was correct, I have no problem admitting I was wrong on something. 

• Upvote 1

The ESPN data is not wrong, they just require more minutes played to qualify for stats nationally. However, even using this guy's NCAA stats rankings which are a bit more lenient in their minutes played to qualify, Buggs is #43 in them.

I repeat--in what universe is a top-50 3PT% shooter on a ton of attempts per game not a great 3PT shooter?

And what does any of this have to do with Tylor Perry? Everyone on this board knows Tylor Perry is fantastic, literally no one said Buggs is better than Tylor Perry.

Edited by L Ron Studdard
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, UNTLifer said:

Heard Hank mention that Buggs was more of a "catch and shoot" player and didn't really create a lot off of his dribble.  If true, he just needs to slow down and let the game come to him, find his rhythm and he will be fine.

Yeah, I don't think he handled the ball a lot at UTSA, I'd expect Hank is right on that. Maybe he can be a better shooting (maybe not as great of a defender) JJ Murray for this year's squad.

On 11/13/2023 at 8:42 AM, MeanGreenTexan said:

Way too much vitrol in this dude's posts.   

Andrew is blissful/repetitive in his ignorance.    This dude is obstinate/combative in his.

I’ll take that ad a compliment 🤣

I just work from the baseline that CBL had never touched a basketball in his life and never coached at the high school level or really anything lower. We just have a good laugh at his posts at work. It’s hard to convince a Denton kid or guyer kid probably to play here though if people like CBL are considered knowledgeable on the basketball front 😬🤣

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1
  • Eye Roll 2

1 hour ago, Andrew said:

I’ll take that ad a compliment 🤣

I just work from the baseline that CBL had never touched a basketball in his life and never coached at the high school level or really anything lower. We just have a good laugh at his posts at work. It’s hard to convince a Denton kid or guyer kid probably to play here though if people like CBL are considered knowledgeable on the basketball front 😬🤣

CBL has forgotten more about basketball than you ever knew.

• Upvote 3
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

2 hours ago, CMJ said:

CBL has forgotten more about basketball than you ever knew.

not only would I still (at 40) get buckets on @Andrew, but I'd be able to figure out the lot situation and out-park him and walk without complaint to the Pit for a game. 

like, I doubt he can even make a free throw and/or parallel park

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Skeptical Eagle 1