***OFFICIAL UTSA vs. UNT Game Day Discussion***

Coach Andy Mac

2 minutes ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

And implementing the stack was pouring gasoline all over it. 

As they say about hindsight ....

It is clear now that while Morris might have presented a good plan, his estimations for defense were completely missed. The question becomes, can he adjust and admit that his defensive vision was wrong? My concern is that the coaches from the Leach Tree have very little success when it comes to the defensive side of the ball.

• Upvote 4

Just now, El Paso Eagle said:

As they say about hindsight ....

It is clear now that while Morris might have presented a good plan, his estimations for defense were completely missed. The question becomes, can he adjust and admit that his defensive vision was wrong? My concern is that the coaches from the Leach Tree have very little success when it comes to the defensive side of the ball.

Hardly hindsight. 

We don't have the horses for this D. We can't recruit the horses it requires. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

Hardly hindsight. 

Honest question. Should Jared have put his foot down when Morris wanted to hire a DC with no coordinator experience, or do you let the new HC hire who he wants? 

Just now, El Paso Eagle said:

Honest question. Should Jared have put his foot down when Morris wanted to hire a DC with no coordinator experience, or do you let the new HC hire who he wants? 

Hell no. If you feel a need to tell someone who supervises people that they can or can’t hire someone, you need to fire the supervisor.

3 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

You can't do that as an AD. Sets a terrible precedent. The AD has to hire people that you trust to make the right decisions in hirings AND firings. And if they prove that they can't, have to fire the hire. 

Edited by NorthTexasWeLove
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

I think you let the HC hire who he wants (and can get) but that also means the HC can't deflect the criticism for the results.

• Upvote 2

Just now, DentonLurker said:

Hell no. If you feel a need to tell someone who supervises people that they can or can’t hire someone, you need to fire the supervisor.

I am confused by this response. You're saying that an AD should have no say in who a new head coach hires as his top assistants?

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

Hardly hindsight. 

Agree and disagree; there is no question we don't have the right players, but if you model after Iowa State, they have proven you don't need the highest-rated player but players that fit the system.

However, despite the late start, we did a poor job trying to add transfers (remember, we left a few spots open).

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, rcade said:

I am confused by this response. You're saying that an AD should have no say in who a new head coach hires as his top assistants?

Using his same scenario - If you are a "manager" and don't take a role in the key people your "supervisor" hires, you are probably not much of a "manager". 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, DentonLurker said:

I’m not saying no say, but at the end of the day, you have to let them make the hire they think is best.

Have to agree to disagree with you here, Lurker. It's one thing if he wanted to bring in a proven coach, but a new to FBS coach hiring coordinators without experience is a risk that should have been avoided. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, Green Crazy said:

Did espn have the side view of that reviewed touchdown?  There was a view in stadium that seemed obvious he was down. Am I wrong?

The worst part is they never made the call on the field. They just let the NutsaCK band determine it was a touchdown. 

2 minutes ago, DentonLurker said:

I’m not saying no say, but at the end of the day, you have to let them make the hire they think is best.

If you're an AD bringing in a big name with a proven track record, sure you leave them alone.

If you're bringing in a one-year PAC-12 offensive coordinator who has four years as head coach at Incarnate Word, you get involved in their staffing decisions.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

The announcers are praising UNT for going for two to be down by 9 because that meant giving up another fourth quarter touchdown would mean we're within two scores.

I think our strategies to win wouldn't include giving up another touchdown, but I guess I should be happy we got some praise.

12 minutes ago, rcade said:

Thats absolutely correct 

if the AD can’t hire a coach that can hire the right staff then fire the AD. 

Edited by TheColonyEagle
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1