***OFFICIAL UNT vs NAVY in-Game Discussion***

Coach Andy Mac

I am late to the board, but we should have gone under center on that first drive when we were on the 1 foot line. That is typical of these Mike Leach air raid guys. It is the same thing SL would have done. These guys are only good from 20-20. After that, they suck because the field is compressed and they hire the worst DCs. We lost by three points and that first drive was were we lost those points because we left them out there.

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, Venson said:

I am late to the board, but we should have gone under center on that first drive when we were on the 1 foot line. That is typical of these Mike Leach air raid guys. It is the same thing SL would have done. These guys are only good from 20-20. After that, they suck because the field is compressed and they hire the worst DCs. We lost by three points and that first drive was were we lost those points because we left them out there.

Also the drive where Maclin dropped a sure TD.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

We're paying way too much damn money for on the job training. This is just magnified by the fact that his offensive or defensive coordinators either have any experience at the position. Looking back at it now it almost seems that he does not have enough confidence in himself to surround himself with more experience coaches. 

With each week that goes by I really wonder how he sold himself to Jared. Either he did a really good job or Jared didn't know what he was looking for.

This. I feel like they were trying to find the FB equivalent of McCasland. I would have rather they go with an experienced head coach than a young up and comer, unless Garret Riley was an option. My preferred list was Fuente, Herman, or Riley. 

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, BigWillie said:

Also the drive where Maclin dropped a sure TD.

I thought that was Cleveland? Either way it was a drop of a catchable ball. He was looking at the defender instead of the ball. I am not much of a Cowboy fan, but wasn't it Drew Pearson that said they are going to hit you anyway so you might as well catch it?

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Green Otaku said:

This. I feel like they were trying to find the FB equivalent of McCasland. I would have rather they go with an experienced head coach than a young up and comer, unless Garret Riley was an option. My preferred list was Fuente, Herman, or Riley. 

I don't so much mind the young up and comer but in hindsight it's like the Dodge hire all over again. We got the young offensive minded coach and let him bring in coordinators on both sides of ball that had no college football experience at that position

• Upvote 5
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, ntmeangreen11 said:

So many things that reminded me of Litrell. 

Commitment to run on 2nd and ten plus, plus not having an under center sneak in the playbook leads me to believe Morris is not as much of an analytics guy as he claimed to be. This is going to be a long f'ing season.

cheers-raise-a-toast.gif

9 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

I don't so much mind the young up and comer but in hindsight it's like the Dodge hire all over again. We got the young offensive minded coach and let him bring in coordinators on both sides of ball that had no college football experience at that position

I'm ready for a different approach. We need to do what P5s do and just money whip other successful G5 coaches. Bringing their whole staff also sets a good foundation so we can hopefully stop feeling like we are starting from scratch every time. 

Edited by Green Otaku
  • Thanks 1