***OFFICIAL UNT vs NAVY in-Game Discussion***

Coach Andy Mac

17 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

It's looking like we hired more of a salesman than a FBS coach

What exactly was he "selling"?  I was never sold on him as the answer.  Nothing unique about him as an Air Raid OC.  He might be able to turn this around but he isn't radical quick positive change type head coach and his resume confirmed that at the time he was hired in my opinion of it.  

Edited by Meangreen Fight

25 minutes ago, rcade said:

We hire coaches who dig their own graves.

I actually respectfully, disagree.  I think Eric is a great coach.  Sure, he’s learning and sorting through shit from a HC perspective.  We, as a University and fanbase, just don’t provide the support necessary at the level we have to to achieve the success we expect.  We are cheap.  If you care, pay.  And don’t stop.  Because our competitors won’t stop.  This is a money game now more than ever.  But, we are a middle class school and that’s what we will get unless we decide to fight for it as a FANBASE.  Money is the key.  Do what you can guys.  Whatever it is.  If you want it to be different, find a way to give more.  I know that sounds sucky but it’s the truth. 

Edited by tmjerm
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, tmjerm said:

I actually respectfully, disagree.  I think Eric is a great coach.  Sure, he’s learning and sorting through shit from a HC perspective.  We, as a University and fanbase, just don’t provide the support necessary at the level we have to to achieve the success we expect.  We are cheap.  If you care, pay.  And don’t stop.  Because our competitors won’t stop.  This is a money game now more than ever.  But, we are a middle class school and that’s what we will get unless we decide to fight for it as a FANBASE.  Money is the key.  Do what you can guys.  Whatever it is.  If you want it to be different, find a way to give more.  I know that sounds sucky but it’s the truth. 

Then how do schools like Liberty, Costal Carolina, Georgia Southern, App St, etc manage to not only find good coaches, but compete and even beat P5 teams?

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, tmjerm said:

I actually respectfully, disagree.  I think Eric is a great coach. We, as a University and fanbase, just don’t provide the support necessary at the level we have to to achieve the success we expect.

I don't buy this excuse. We had one of the highest coaching payrolls and athletic budgets in CUSA and we're competitively funded in the American. We are not spreading around NIL money like a P5 school but aside from SMU nobody in our conference is.

Telling average fans to give more money is a waste of time when the results on the field don't deserve more money.

Edited by rcade
  • Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1