Why?

Cr1028

4 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

Some of you were so certain that Seth Littrell was holding us back that just about anyone could improve over him. Well, we are now worse. I hope things improve but right now it looks like we are headed from conference runnerup to cellar dwellar again. Hope it was fun.

Clearly, we were not getting better under Seth, and that would only lead to worse results in this conference. He lacked the personality and the recruiting skills to be a head coach. Probably a great OC. 

Timing with Wren was more of the issue for. me

• Upvote 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

7 minutes ago, KingDL1 said:

Clearly, we were not getting better under Seth, and that would only lead to worse results in this conference. He lacked the personality and the recruiting skills to be a head coach. Probably a great OC. 

Timing with Wren was more of the issue for. me

I disagree. The wheels fell off after Harrell left but we were better every season after that 2019 disaster with Bodie Reeder. We were one play away from beating UTSA in their house last season and beat them like a drum the year before. Just imagine the beatdown they are going to throw us this November 4.

• Upvote 5
  • Sad 1
  • Downvote 1

13 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

Some of you were so certain that Seth Littrell was holding us back that just about anyone could improve over him. Well, we are now worse. I hope things improve but right now it looks like we are headed from conference runnerup to cellar dwellar again. Hope it was fun.

So watching a below 0.500 coach against FBS competition was fun for you?  If you were a loser, you’re a loser.   So now we’re comparing magnitude of being a loser to present in an argument?  I am sorry that I do not take any bowl game appearances bowl games seriously if you need the FCS game to count to get to 6 wins.  And Seth teams’ performances were trending, flat or down.

• Lovely Take 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

2 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

I disagree. The wheels fell off after Harrell left but we were better every season after that 2019 disaster with Bodie Reeder. We were one play away from beating UTSA in their house last season and beat them like a drum the year before. Just imagine the beatdown they are going to throw us this November 4.

Yup what was that big important win game Seth won. I must of missed it. But he did let SMU come in here last year and trounce us. Did he ever beat them at home? 

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Cr1028 said:

Stop referring to this please.  The weather in Denton that day made it impossible for UTSA to pass the ball.  You couldn’t have scripted better weather for a Seth team that mediocre at passing in perfect whether.  Everyone knows they probably kick our ass that day, and Seth is fired if it weren’t cold, windy and raining that day. 

Edited by Mike Jackson
  • Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, KingDL1 said:

Yup what was that big important win game Seth won. I must of missed it. But he did let SMU come in here last year and trounce us. Did he ever beat them at home? 

Whether you like it or not, we beat a top, what, 15 team, in Denton and we made more noise beating a hapless Arkansas than we have in forever. 

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 3

4 minutes ago, Mike Jackson said:

Stop referring to this please.  The weather in Denton that day made it impossible for UTSA to pass the ball.  You couldn’t have scripted better weather for a Seth team that mediocre at passing in perfect whether.  Everyone knows they probably kick our ass that day, and Seth is fire if it weren’t cold, windy and raining that day. 

We both played in the same conditions.  

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

57 minutes ago, Mike Jackson said:

So watching a below 0.500 coach against FBS competition was fun for you?  If you were a loser, you’re a loser.   So now we’re comparing magnitude of being a loser to present in an argument?  I am sorry that I do not take any bowl game appearances bowl games seriously if you need the FCS game to count to get to 6 wins.  And Seth teams’ performances were trending, flat or down.

Your favorite coach was lucky enough to have a FBS conference full of FCS schools fall into his lap so you may want to reevaluate your measuring stick of what a top coach at NT looks like.

Edited by Cr1028
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

We are now 128-205 since we moved up to I-A (FBS) in 1995. 

That’s with 7 head coaches, 4 conferences, and 2 stadiums.

In the end, I guess we shouldn’t be surprised. We have 6 winning seasons since then. We have won 9 games in 4 seasons as our best record and we have  had 1 year with 8 wins. That’s it.

Sad, but it’s our truth.

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1

26 minutes ago, keith said:

Whether you like it or not, we beat a top, what, 15 team, in Denton and we made more noise beating a hapless Arkansas than we have in forever. 

OMG, do you really believe UTSA was really a top-15 team? So silly, so overrated proved in their bowl game that year.  

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, KingDL1 said:

OMG, do you really believe UTSA was really a top-15 team? So silly, so overrated proved in their bowl game that year.  

Unfortunately I don’t get a vote.  However, I think they were undefeated at the time and “ranked” somewhere around that.  Why the revisionist history?  We beat them.  

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

35 minutes ago, untjim1995 said:

We are now 128-205 since we moved up to I-A (FBS) in 1995. 

That’s with 7 head coaches, 4 conferences, and 2 stadiums.

In the end, I guess we shouldn’t be surprised. We have 6 winning seasons since then. We have won 9 games in 4 seasons as our best record and we have  had 1 year with 8 wins. That’s it.

Sad, but it’s our truth.

From your mouth to all the naysayers to the FACT we should invest our resources to basketball and quit pretending to play football at the D1 level. 

Field your football team. 

Invest your money into basketball. 

Let's be the KU of the AAC. 

Any other decision is foolish. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 2

Just now, NorthTexasWeLove said:

From your mouth to all the naysayers to the FACT we should invest our resources to basketball and quit pretending to play football at the D1 level. 

Field your football team. 

Invest your money into basketball. 

Let's be the KU of the AAC. 

Any other decision is foolish. 

The only thing that keeps me from going to quit football is the naive notion that college football here gives young men a chance at a free education to hopefully better themselves with in the future. Literally, it’s the only thing. But it’s a damn big one.

• Upvote 1