The Grass Isn't Always Greener

jtm0097

51 minutes ago, jtm0097 said:

I looked at the box scores from yesterday for a few games. It seems our guys that left via the portal had minimal impact at their transfer destinations.

Jake Roberts 1 catch 1 yard (Baylor)

Jyaire Shorter 0 stats (Auburn)

Larry Nixon 0 stats (Auburn)

Var'Keyes Gumms 0 stats (Arkansas)

Asher Albersing 0 stats (Cal)

Cameron Robertson 0 stats (SMU)

DeShawn Gaddie Jr. 1 tackle (Ole Miss)

Yuuuuup. Let em lather in it and rejoice. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, jtm0097 said:

I looked at the box scores from yesterday for a few games. It seems our guys that left via the portal had minimal impact at their transfer destinations.

The Roberts one baffles me, Baylor looked horrible last night smh

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

The Roberts one baffles me, Baylor looked horrible last night smh

I guess Aranda is struggling now that the guys Rhule recruited have graduated. He's a very low energy guy. I know it's only one game, but just crazy how everyone that left didn't make a splash.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, jtm0097 said:

Welp, hope they're happy.

Good luck to them.  

This post was in poor taste IMO.  Also these players could turn around and post on social media that where they are is better that getting bashed at home by over 30 points in a half empty stadium in response.  I am sure you would see that as stupid and immature. 

Edited by Mike Jackson
  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1
  • Oh Boy! 2
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 2

3 minutes ago, Mike Jackson said:

Good luck to them.  

This post was in poor taste IMO.  Also these players could turn around and post on social media that where they are is better that getting bashed at home by over 30 points in a half empty stadium in response.  I am sure you would see that as stupid and immature. 

Poor taste? We could say it was poor taste to jump in the portal too. I mean it's not like I'm saying I hope they fail, I'm just posting their stats. 

• Upvote 6

13 minutes ago, jtm0097 said:

Poor taste? We could say it was poor taste to jump in the portal too. I mean it's not like I'm saying I hope they fail, I'm just posting their stats. 

“Grass isn’t always greener” projects a point of view assuming you know what these guys goals were.  Who knows all the details of why they left except these young men.  In addition to a little NIL money they could left for reasons that had nothing to do with their playing time.  Some of them might actually have realistic expectations of never being invited to an NFL camp.  Hell it could be girl they are dating or a part of country they wanted to live in but didn’t go because as high school recruits a 4 year college in that area didn’t offer them.  I suspect a reason factoring in posting their stats is that isn’t fun to post the mediocre stats in loses by the guys that stayed.  You had to go look the guys stats up and repost.  I really don’t really want to be rude or insult, but that reads to me it read like loser mentality. 

Edited by Mike Jackson
  • Confused 1
  • Eye Roll 4
  • Downvote 4
  • Puking Eagle 1

10 minutes ago, Mike Jackson said:

“Grass isn’t always greener” projects a point of view assuming you know what these guys goals were.  Who knows all the details of why they left except these young men.  In addition to a little NIL money they could left for reasons that had nothing to do with their playing time.  Some of them might actually have realistic expectations of never being invited to an NFL camp.  Hell it could be girl they are dating or a part of country they wanted to live in but didn’t go because as high school recruits a 4 year college in that area didn’t offer them.  I suspect a reason factoring in posting their stats is that isn’t fun to post the mediocre stats in loses by the guys that stayed.  You had to go look the guys stats up and repost.  I really don’t really want to be rude or insult, but that reads to me it read like loser mentality. 

That's your opinion and you're certainly entitled to it. The facts are they all transferred and were not productive this week. Poor taste or not, it is what it is.

• Upvote 6
  • Eye Roll 1

49 minutes ago, Mike Jackson said:

At least for Larry Nixon I have to assume it’s money. He has a young child and every dollar helps.

Edited by Cr1028
  • Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...

I’m sure it’s so tempting to these kids when well-known programs dangle all this cash in front of them with dreams of playing on Saturdays. Truth is, with these teams 2-deep (or more) with 4-5 star recruits, playing time is highly unlikely. I’m sure many regret it once they recognize they’re deeper in the depth chart than they expected. Especially when the NCAA has tweaked the transfer portal which limits transferring after the first time. So…money or ball?

• Puking Eagle 1