"Hey casual fans, get better tickets for the same price as the early buyers!"

TripleGrad

Just venting:  Ticket office just sent an email offering "premium sideline" and "premium midfield" for the same price I bought my endzone tickets for when they first went on sale.  Way to incentivize early engagement, management.

The same type of behaviour made buying season tickets at Texas Motor Speedway uneconomical, and surprise, those ticket sales dropped. 

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Eye Roll 4
  • Downvote 1
  • Puking Eagle 2

47 minutes ago, TripleGrad said:

Just venting:  Ticket office just sent an email offering "premium sideline" and "premium midfield" for the same price I bought my endzone tickets for when they first went on sale.  Way to incentivize early engagement, management.

The same type of behaviour made buying season tickets at Texas Motor Speedway uneconomical, and surprise, those ticket sales dropped. 

These are the same folks who make it incredibly challenging to add occasional single game $150+ tickets to the Club Section when I haven't seen new faces in the empty seats around me in 5-6 years.

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, TripleGrad said:

Meh.  Lesson learned.  Next time I want to attend a "marquee" game I'll just wait for UNT to put the tickets on sale.  

But you have to wonder how many others just made that same decision.

Don’t we hope they take advantage the deal, have a great time, keep coming, and bring their friends?  

• Upvote 6

I see the argument on both sides here. 

One side: This kills the incentive to purchase season or single single game tickets. It also lessens the value of the product in general. 

Other side: We're alum. We're donors. And we should have a certain level of commitment to the program to, at minimum, buy season tickets early. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

I see the argument on both sides here. 

One side: This kills the incentive to purchase season or single single game tickets. It also lessens the value of the product in general. 

Other side: We're alum. We're donors. And we should have a certain level of commitment to the program to, at minimum, buy season tickets early. 

Third side: A week out from a game where you open against a name opponent you do everything you can to entice people to attend (especially when weather may be a factor)

• Upvote 5
  • RV 1

8 hours ago, TripleGrad said:

Meh.  Lesson learned.  Next time I want to attend a "marquee" game I'll just wait for UNT to put the tickets on sale.  

But you have to wonder how many others just made that same decision.

I understand where you're coming from, but it is a tactic used by almost every sports team that doesn't sell out games.

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, TripleGrad said:

Wait... I think we're buying the lead... Texas motor speedway had season tickets? What does that get you into?

7 minutes ago, golfingomez said:

Wait... I think we're buying the lead... Texas motor speedway had season tickets? What does that get you into?

A buddy and I had them for two decades or so.  You got the same tickets to the Cup, Busch, Truck, and Indycar races.  For a while it was a good deal, then TMS started offering extremely low cost tickets just before the races that weren't too much worse than ours.  So why spend $$$$ per seat for season tickets when you could just cherry pick the races you wanted to see for $?

It was even worse for some, for some seats there are also PSL charges.

You can still buy season tickets there:  https://www.texasmotorspeedway.com/events/season-tickets/

Edited by TripleGrad
  • Upvote 1

23 hours ago, TripleGrad said:

What’s your solution?

• Upvote 3

After a contemplative beer I decided to buy 2 tickets for FC Dallas vs Inter Miami for $99 each., my season ticket agreement. Woke up in the AM after the link went live to the masses and the tickets were worth $900 each.

It truly is a supply issue and i didn’t cash  out because I wanted the $900 Messi Messi Messi experience. 

Worth it.
GMG . 

• Upvote 4

i like to know that my ass has only ever sat on my seat....i know my people, i know i paid more, whatever.  if it is a money thing, season tickets are not for you.  we dont pay for them for value, we do it for the school and our spot.  money is spent...who cares now what promotions they through out

• Upvote 5
  • Eye Roll 1

19 hours ago, THOR said:

i like to know that my ass has only ever sat on my seat....i know my people, i know i paid more, whatever.  if it is a money thing, season tickets are not for you.  we dont pay for them for value, we do it for the school and our spot.  money is spent...who cares now what promotions they through out

Yes Girl GIF

• Upvote 1