Just say no to smu

1 hour ago, Hunter Green said:

Hilarious article shifting goalposts around to fit their narrative.  So Cincy football success matters because it's way better than SMU. Ok, can't argue that isn't true. But BYU is a national brand, so we can ignore their success doesn't look too different from SMU.  Ok..... So now it's either brand or success. Ok. But then Houston "has had its ups and downs". So they are no more relevant in Houston than we are in Dallas AND their success is not any different. But that's OK because .......?

Also he can rant and rave about the moving deadlines from PAC media (true) but says nothing about the endless "Colorado is moving" "PAC deal is done and only 35 cents/yr" "4 corners coming to Big12 if deal not done by _______" which have all also been wrong.

All of the media are varying degrees of BS because nobody is leaking info. They aren't under any kind of time crunch with another year still left on their current deal. This could go on for months more and the PAC obviously doesn't care about the publicity aspects. So sit tight and quit reading hyperbolic fake news outlets on either side. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 2
  • Downvote 1

55 minutes ago, cousin oliver said:

It sounds like there is a big lawsuit that is hurting the PAC 12 as well.  Also that SMU is offering to pay the lawsuit off to get an invite?  Sounds desperate on both sides.

Again, quit reading these junk outlets. Go through his tweets and tell me how many of them have been correct. He just puts out BS.  It's clickbait.

I went and listened to the Canzano interview. He didn't say SMU was doing this. He was musing about how much money the SMU collective has, and the wealth of the donor base, and said SMU has enough money that they could do that.  Not that they would or would be asked to.  Something like 'they have enough wealthy donors they could accept a substantially reduced payout.  They could even accept no money and pay off the Comcast $50M'.  

Use some critical thinking on this stuff. I feel like I'm watching a confused boomer sending out bizarre fake radical political junk on Facebook.

Edited by DentonStang
  • Upvote 4
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 2

25 minutes ago, DentonStang said:

Hilarious article shifting goalposts around to fit their narrative.  So Cincy football success matters because it's way better than SMU. Ok, can't argue that isn't true. But BYU is a national brand, so we can ignore their success doesn't look too different from SMU.  Ok..... So now it's either brand or success. Ok. But then Houston "has had its ups and downs". So they are no more relevant in Houston than we are in Dallas AND their success is not any different. But that's OK because .......?

Also he can rant and rave about the moving deadlines from PAC media (true) but says nothing about the endless "Colorado is moving" "PAC deal is done and only 35 cents/yr" "4 corners coming to Big12 if deal not done by _______" which have all also been wrong.

All of the media are varying degrees of BS because nobody is leaking info. They aren't under any kind of time crunch with another year still left on their current deal. This could go on for months more and the PAC obviously doesn't care about the publicity aspects. So sit tight and quit reading hyperbolic fake news outlets on either side. 

That is ok because nobody cares.

• Upvote 3

21 minutes ago, DentonStang said:

Again, quit reading these junk outlets. Go through his tweets and tell me how many of them have been correct. He just puts out BS.  It's clickbait.

I went and listened to the Canzano interview. He didn't say SMU was doing this. He was musing about how much money the SMU collective has, and the wealth of the donor base, and said SMU has enough money that they could do that.  Not that they would or would be asked to.  Something like 'they have enough wealthy donors they could accept a substantially reduced payout.  They could even accept no money and pay off the Comcast $50M'.  

Use some critical thinking on this stuff. I feel like I'm watching a confused boomer sending out bizarre fake radical political junk on Facebook.

That's because nobody cares.

• Upvote 4

35 minutes ago, DentonStang said:

because nobody cares

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, DentonStang said:

"What an apologist would say!"

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/30/2023 at 10:52 AM, DentonStang said:

Not that they would or would be asked to.  Something like 'they have enough wealthy donors they could accept a substantially reduced payout.  They could even accept no money and pay off the Comcast $50M'.  

Funny with these almost unlimited funds they couldn’t keep a great coach from going to TCU.   When the money is right things tend to happen early or right on time.  The moment Texas, OU, UCLA, and USC announced their big moves all the remaining. “roadblocks” were just administrative formalities.  

8 hours ago, Mike Jackson said:

Funny with these almost unlimited funds they couldn’t keep a great coach from going to TCU.   

Don't think that TCU doesn't have near unlimited funds too.  When they wanted their stadium renovation, 6 donors gave $15 million each.

17 minutes ago, NTXCoog said:

Don't think that TCU doesn't have near unlimited funds too.  When they wanted their stadium renovation, 6 donors gave $15 million each.

They just don't douche it up like smu and talk about it all the time.

• Upvote 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, UNTLifer said:

douche it up

Although I know it’s not true, I am telling my future grandchildren “douche it up” was a phrase coined by Mean Green fans at Fouts when SMU came to Denton and cried getting a but whipping because even off death penalty they expected to beat us and were sore losers.   Old money can’t buy everything.  😂😂😂

• Upvote 2

I don't really want to be a devil's advocate and I agree with most of what has been said about them but we need SMU in the AAC.  They don't really win many championships but they are usually contenders.  For that reason I'm glad that they didn't go to the Big XII. 

I think that the AAC is stronger with SMU in the conference.  The attendance at our games with them are among the best attended for each every year.  Being in the same conference, I would expect sellouts for every football game.  

Much of their prestige dates back to the Southwest Conference and the Doak Walker and Don Meredith days but those were great times for them and even the dark days of suffering a year of losing the right to play cannot extinguish those.  

Now go back to the infighting.

• Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Puking Eagle 1